mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Vending Machine Suggestion

Nikko

Level 3
IGN: Cheesechexmix

DATE: 11/09/21

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a few more traditional items, I.e tea, to the vending machines.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
As is, the vending machines are mainly used by those that don’t have /feed in order to not starve, which id all well and good as a gameplay mechanic and works perfectly for when shops aren’t open. I’m sure everyone remembers the classic battle of Peach vs Marshmallow, yet from an rp perspective the machines are both lacking something, and are criminally underutilized

Currently the only drink I actively see being rp’d with are the energy drinks in the vending machines, despite there also being bottled water and the fantasy juice box, but we lack three of the most common drinks available via vending machines within Japan. We have no hot or cold tea or coffee, and we have no milk in them either. The lack of milk can be accepted, but we sorely need some form of canned coffee and some form of bottled tea in these machines. Even just milk tea would work.

This has an added benefit of people being able to actively offer others brewed tea and coffee icly without either giving up an item that may be rare, or costly for what it actually is, without degrading the value of the fancy cupped teas you can find in various shops. From both an rp standpoint, and realism standpoint it just makes sense. That being said, obviously this isn’t high priority and I’m not terribly worried about it, but it would be a pleasant quality of life change.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

Not high priority but more foods and drinks for the vending machines in general would be pretty pog

iirc in japan vending machines can be used for more than just food aswell, so other types would also be cool

BonBons

Level 31
Agreed +1

I'd love to see more drinks that can be more realistic to Japanese vending machines. It doesn't hurt to add two or three more, as brings more benefit and opportunities for role play purposes.
A few common drinks I've seen that are common in Japan can be:
- corn potage - A popular corn soup held in a can, already warm and ready to drink
- Aquarius - a sports drink that is popular in Japan
- Fanta gr ape or Fanta orange - Fizzy sweet drinks in pet bottles.
- Green tea or Sokenbicha - Both teas that are commonly drunk in Japan, in a pet bottle.
- Milk Tea - A sweet type of tea in pet bottles that is commonly drunk throughout the year.

If you want to add another snack to the vending machines, a Soy Joy bar is commonly found in snack vending machines in Japan.

(Pardon my use of "pet bottle", it's basically how we say plastic bottle here)

maraa

Level 211
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1
divider-line.gif
I like the idea, I find it cute when people buy canned tea/ canned coffee from vending machines when I watch kdrama/anime :skull:

Rosiebug9067

Level 7
+1
I really love this idea and think that it would be a sweet thing to add. Adding tea and milk seems to just add a little bit more realism to the vending machine. Although it isn't on the top of the priority list, it should be a part of the vending machine in my opinion.

SkyFantasyWorld

Level 78
Community Team
Media Team
SkyFantasyWorld
SkyFantasyWorld
Omega
+1
Absolutely love this idea! yeah it isn't that really high on the priority list, but I think it can easily be implemented due to just adding things to the gui menu of the vending machine.
I would love to see more variety to the vending machine, even if its just new drinks or food, I think it could add more elements and realism to roleplay to those who uses it constantly!

Wrath ⛥

Level 99
conqnest
conqnest
Notable
+1
It's more realistic to add variation in the available options. I'm also sick of handing people marshmallow treats ICLY to make them feel better since that is the only thing available for convenience.

Sporkmoment

Level 21
Sporkmoment
Sporkmoment
Notable
+1
Great idea! It isn't really a main thing, but it could be so nice to roleplay! In Japan, vending machines usually have quite a bit, so it would make sense to add more drinks or lil snacks to the ones in SRP!

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+0.5

Triumphant idea, Hard to implement.

Some of these items are owned by shopkeepers, and by selling them in the vending machine would cause a problem. The shopkeeper(s?) in question would have to be reimbursed for the custom model rights of the tea item.

I would like to see this implemented.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+0.5

Triumphant idea, Hard to implement.

Some of these items are owned by shopkeepers, and by selling them in the vending machine would cause a problem. The shopkeeper(s?) in question would have to be reimbursed for the custom model rights of the tea item.

I would like to see this implemented.
No need to worry as new vending machine models could be easily implemented

Food models shouldn't take up much so I don't see putting more in a problem

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
No need to worry as new vending machine models could be easily implemented

Food models shouldn't take up much so I don't see putting more in a problem
I agree with this; just wanted to express the limitations on pre-existing items (and as to why our current list of vending machine models are so basic.)

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
We're going to look into adding more items for players to purchase in vending machines, however this isn't currently a priority

Users who are viewing this thread