otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
IGN: wwishing
DATE: 17/06/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Role play scenes!

Let me elaborate:

SRP's story is extremely messy and really hard to detangle. I'm rather unsure if this suggestion would be better suited when we (hopefully) get a new map in the foreseeable future however I'm suggesting it anyways. What I'm implying is fixed/scripted scenes that follow a main plot line or story. For example, maybe there would be some sort of election, that would contribute to SRP's lore- staff or whoever was chosen to act out the scene, would do so accordingly. The catch is, normal players are allowed to interrupt- (the main idea of the act would still go on though)- and include themselves in the short cut-scene.

This is simply a way to have an organized story of Karakura. As the story of Karakura is completely unclear in a way. The time-line is shifty and doesn't really match up plus it's hard to tell which details are relevant or not. This is just a way to help SRP's lore itself, as it doesn't really bring home any negatives.

How would it go down:

There would be a script of actions ready of course- and some good role players would be chosen to act their roles. There could be event characters or something around that. As scripted things have gone down before like the exposition of the Eden tree and it went down well too. I don't see why there couldn't be some cut-scene for players to enjoy. . and as in cut-scene. . I mean something simple like just written down /mes.

Whenever there would be a cut-scene or a lore exposition, it would just be a tiny /event in the chat. It doesn't have to be announced on the discord as the amount of players who view the scene doesn't need to be a bunch. After the cut-scene, the run-down of it would be posted in the /events on the discord for the people who weren't around.

Why should it happen?

Not only would it help clearing up SRP lore, it'd give something to talk about. I just personally believe it'd be nice for SRP to have an official story that had substance and made sense. The fact is, srp is player run so having an actual singular story that fit together well would be impossible. It'd be impossible because each year, a new batch of players appear so the power shifts constantly which would make a lot of stories just not work well together. This would just be a good way to give the lore-team something fun to do, while at the same time making the concept of Karakura more realistic.

MAIN POINTS

• Karakura storyline please!
  • Scripted cut-scenes
  • Cut scenes can be added to if players choose to interrupt
  • After every cut scene, event would be posted in event channel on discord

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
This already sorta happens somewhat? The lore team and event team try their best to work together to create.. something! I’m not even sure there’s a proper timeline or story to Karakura myself nor have I even went to read it if there is any storyline. Multiple events have been very random or repetitive being storms, fire, a robbery, and so on. I’m not sure if there’s even a real timeline for Karakura but I will just have my faith in both teams and see what happens. I’m just going to +1 it anyway!

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
This already sorta happens somewhat? The lore team and event team try their best to work together to create.. something! I’m not even sure there’s a proper timeline or story to Karakura myself nor have I even went to read it if there is any storyline. Multiple events have been very random or repetitive being storms, fire, a robbery, and so on. I’m not sure if there’s even a real timeline for Karakura but I will just have my faith in both teams and see what happens. I’m just going to +1 it anyway!
YEAHHH! they already try to do stuff like that, but it'd be easier if it was more permanent and continuous. It'd be best implemented if we do get a new map soon as a fresh start in a way

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN: wwishing
DATE: 17/06/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Role play scenes!

Let me elaborate:

SRP's story is extremely messy and really hard to detangle. I'm rather unsure if this suggestion would be better suited when we (hopefully) get a new map in the foreseeable future however I'm suggesting it anyways. What I'm implying is fixed/scripted scenes that follow a main plot line or story. For example, maybe there would be some sort of election, that would contribute to SRP's lore- staff or whoever was chosen to act out the scene, would do so accordingly. The catch is, normal players are allowed to interrupt- (the main idea of the act would still go on though)- and include themselves in the short cut-scene.

This is simply a way to have an organized story of Karakura. As the story of Karakura is completely unclear in a way. The time-line is shifty and doesn't really match up plus it's hard to tell which details are relevant or not. This is just a way to help SRP's lore itself, as it doesn't really bring home any negatives.

How would it go down:

There would be a script of actions ready of course- and some good role players would be chosen to act their roles. There could be event characters or something around that. As scripted things have gone down before like the exposition of the Eden tree and it went down well too. I don't see why there couldn't be some cut-scene for players to enjoy. . and as in cut-scene. . I mean something simple like just written down /mes.

Whenever there would be a cut-scene or a lore exposition, it would just be a tiny /event in the chat. It doesn't have to be announced on the discord as the amount of players who view the scene doesn't need to be a bunch. After the cut-scene, the run-down of it would be posted in the /events on the discord for the people who weren't around.

Why should it happen?

Not only would it help clearing up SRP lore, it'd give something to talk about. I just personally believe it'd be nice for SRP to have an official story that had substance and made sense. The fact is, srp is player run so having an actual singular story that fit together well would be impossible. It'd be impossible because each year, a new batch of players appear so the power shifts constantly which would make a lot of stories just not work well together. This would just be a good way to give the lore-team something fun to do, while at the same time making the concept of Karakura more realistic.

MAIN POINTS

• Karakura storyline please!
  • Scripted cut-scenes
  • Cut scenes can be added to if players choose to interrupt
  • After every cut scene, event would be posted in event channel on discord

I see what you mean but this just seems like your taking all creativity from roleplay itself. Roleplaying is not the same as acting, you don't follow a script. I can't really tell if you mean all around everyone follows a script, or if you mean for like events and stuff. One of the things that makes SRP unique is the amount of creativity they allow you to have, making all roleplay scripted would not only just plain out never work and also deplete the playerbase heavily.

If you mean like events or things like that, I do believe that some events should be scripted, not all though. I don't 100% understand what you mean, so maybe I'm getting this wrong.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
i think players would rather be able to decide their own destinies for themselves - i mean that is the point is it not?

I am inclined to want more scripted events and whatnot but players yada yada

pashy

Level 183
i think players would rather be able to decide their own destinies for themselves - i mean that is the point is it not?

Yeah he didn't mean forcing a destiny on a player but a team to work out a scenario for players to engage in.

1- I'd say no because this should be player-made in my opinion rather than staff team choosing players and etc.

If anyone is going to try to make activity scenarios based on an events for players that'd be FUN for them to engage in let me in (:

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

+ 0.50

since writing this and retreading old grounds ive had a bit of an opinion change. overall im definitely more neutral for this then I was yesterday but I think more nuance with how this is handled would be better.

perhaps a storyline happens right but it could be like one of those decide your own story games where the entire server can together vote upon 2 or 3 options on how to respond or such and such. because the way you describe it now - i dont really think would be very fun as its just a bunch of power given to a lore team with no "big" interactive cycle (well there is but not in a as impactful way as I think it probably could be!)

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
I see what you mean but this just seems like your taking all creativity from roleplay itself. Roleplaying is not the same as acting, you don't follow a script. I can't really tell if you mean all around everyone follows a script, or if you mean for like events and stuff. One of the things that makes SRP unique is the amount of creativity they allow you to have, making all roleplay scripted would not only just plain out never work and also deplete the playerbase heavily.

If you mean like events or things like that, I do believe that some events should be scripted, not all though. I don't 100% understand what you mean, so maybe I'm getting this wrong.
that wasn't exactly what I was trying to imply!! basically just having a main idea as a start-up and later having players actually decide what direction they could go through. Sort of like a choose-your-story games, giving players an opportunity to actively engage in it but at the same time giving a solid story to the concept of karakura

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
-1 I really do not see this working. For one I believe it would be a mess, not only that but I feel as if it would be far too complicated to implement and manage.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
DENIED
-------------------------------------
Thank you for your feedback!

• The following system was already implemented and is in use.

Users who are viewing this thread