Level 97
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
wethecreature

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): wethecreature

Do you have a microphone?: I prefer not to use a microphone.

What is your time zone?: MST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Absolutely.

Describe your activity on the server: I am not on half of the week, but when I am on I get a lot done and I'm on quite a lot during those days. I am on usually 2 or 3 hours a day, or even 5 at times.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
ACCEPTED:
Event Application #4
Portuguese Application
Russian Application
Shrine Application
Professor Application
Reporter Application
Governor Application
DENIED:
Event Team Application #1
Event Team Application #2
Event Application #3
Lore Team Application #1
Lore Team Application #2
Lore Team Application #3
JSL Application

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
wethecreature: Grade-12, College Bachelors
bethecreature: Adult, Grade-7

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Biology

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: To revisit my experience in faculty as a professor but with a different part of the student body. I hope to have a fresh new experience doing this, with a new subject and character.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT? Yes, absolutely.

If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: Yes, of course.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher logs are logs of activity (hosting classes) and are important in making sure the faction lead understands that you are active.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Dr. Hills' Rules

#1 Don't break classroom materials.
#2 Don't talk while I'm talking.
#3 Don't mess around with your other students.

#4 You get one warning.
#5 Raise your hand.
#6 Ask for help.
#7 Be respectful.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have been doing roleplay since 2021, and I have been constantly improving ever since. I've experienced a lot of different situations and factions on SRP and I am very familiar with the scheme of roleplay and how to do it properly. I used to be a super cringe roleplayer but I grew out of that phase and now look where we are. (I'm still kind of cringe but that's okay.)

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This person is the higher-up and head of the department they are working in! There is an HD for Employees, Professors, and Teachers. They help organize events and can help connect faction members with SLT and authorize certain things for the SLT.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Someone who has shown themselves to be a good teacher who is capable of teaching students well and giving amazing lessons. They have been in the faction a bit long than an NQT.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Someone who has shown themselves to be a good teacher who is capable of teaching students well and giving amazing lessons. Or, qualified. They have recently completed training.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A noobie teacher who hasn't yet proven themselves to the holy hexology of the Senior Leadership Team to be extremely qualified or capable yet. They haven't truly been trained yet.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers out-of-game and in-game function to teach us and prepare us for the real world, as well as give us something to do during the school day. There are teachers for every subject!

Teachers don't get paid that well in real life, though in-game they get paid in the hundreds of thousands of yen.

Teachers teach by giving lessons and assignments that the students learn from and then test their knowledge with.

In their spare time, teachers plan lessons and assignments and just relax like the rest of us.

(Teachers are just like us but know stuff, guys!)

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: On SRP teachers give entertainment during school hours, and also sometimes teach us real knowledge!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: MoSCoW

Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have.

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
Vincent Tiber Pelagios Hills is a man who smells like fresh ink (and money). He is very materialistic and somewhat hard to work with at times. Although mature and professional, he can sometimes be... harsh or rude to those he doesn't approve of. However, when in the workspace, he does his utmost best to shy away from releasing his... toxic qualities. He looks like the nobles of the 1700s came back to life and dressed him up! (A bit toned down though, of course). He also acts a bit like it, too. He is verbose, at times, (or as most people say, wordy). Some might say he has a... flare for the drama.

Voice: Gravity Falls - Preston Northwest (Bill Cipher Changes the Function of Every Hole on His Face) mixed with Will Forte

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Children are... children are annoying, but they are our future! They must be trained and taught so that they know everything they need to know when they rule the world after all of us have died. Adults, he finds pleasant. Being around fellow mature people is a pleasure he enjoys indulging in.

What are their plans for the future? Vincent Hills thinks that after he leaves his job as a teacher, he'll move back to his birthplace, America, and try to run for office. If that doesn't work, he'll start a local business of making candles.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would tell them to stop and threaten detention. If they continue, I will give them detention. If for some reason they continue to swear, I will call upon a fellow faculty member or an SLT member to help me calm the situation.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would change the tone of my voice to be stern and commanding so that I could catch their attention, then I would tell them to stop or it would be detention. If they continued I would give detentions, if people still do not listen, then I would call another faculty member or an SLT member to help me calm the situation.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
My character is relaxed and just enjoying life in the teacher's lounge. Finally, a break from those kids. If not relaxed, he is tense and getting work done.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
would place the empty jar on the table. Dr. Hills was receiving today's materials. He would get out a large bucket of dirt and another of sand. Then, he would pull a container of rocks. After that, he would take out a bucket of water. "Alright class. Today we are beginning our 'Ecosystem in a Jar' project."
/me would pull out a menacing yellow folder, pulling out a customized yellow slip, and writing a name on it with a fresh, red ink pen. He would then hand it over to the student. "Detention."
/me watched the students pour the base of their ecosystem, dirt, and sand, into their jars. He took a sip of his coffee, leaning back in his chair and putting his feet on the desk. Ah, Lovely.
/me would walk by each student, his arms behind his back, observing each of their jar ecosystems with silent judgment. "Hm. Interesting choice." He whispered.

Backstory
Vincent Tiber Pelagios Hills was born in America to rich, 'noble' parents who owned a large business that brought them a lot of income. He had a large family and lived in a very large house. His parents didn't show the most affection to him, which may have affected him as a person.

He was always rather arrogant and dramatic, driving away many people around him. He constantly tried to get his other family members to notice him, but unfortunately, they were busy doing actual things with his life.

When he would grow older, he would continue this. Starting multiple "passion projects", "businesses", and "careers" in an attempt to impress and gain the attention of his family, yet all of those failed and made him look bad. At one point, he found a career that suited him. He became a Biologist and for six years he worked to get a PhD. Once he was able to call himself a scientist, his family paid more attention to him. Yes! A win!

Vincent would pride himself in his projects in Biology, and his studies. On a trip to study the nature of Japan, he met his future wife, Airin Patricia Yamamoto. After they got married, they had children who Vincent and Airin, like their parents, didn't pay as much attention to as they should've, because they were so busy.

Now, he believes he has learned all that needs to be learned, and decided to go through the process of learning how to teach. He will give his knowledge to the kids who will one day be the leaders of this world so that they understand this world that they live in.

Is Vincent ready for the conflicts of working with the annoying children of Karakura? Is he ready to be a team player? Is he ready... to not be an ass about everything.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Vincent Tiber Pelagios Hills
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Sir, Mr., Dr.
Given Name(s): Vincent
Preferred Name: [Any Part of Full Name], Mr. [---], Dr. [---]
Age (Minimum is 25): 49
Religious Denomination: Agnostic
Marital Status: Happily married!

Nationality: American
Current Location: Back in America (for a vacation)

Working Experience (# of years): 33 years

Academic Degree: PhD
Year of Graduation: 1998
Major(s): Biology, Botany, English
Minors: Economics, Mathematics, Culinary, Education

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese, Russian, Portuguese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes

Extra
Thank you for your time.

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread