Notable+
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
Vivianswife

Discord Name & Tag: Glowbug#6666

Previous bans: None

Describe your activity on the server:
I just quit work so I’ll be on every day. However, on Thursdays I won't be able to get on at later times and on Sundays I'll be off until the afternoon. I tend to try and be as active as I possibly can, getting on the days that I have the capability to do so. I usually try to get on for about 4-5 hours a day.

Which timezone are you in?
CST [GMT-6]

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

Accepted;
Police Application
Language Application
Teacher Application
Judge Application
Speculation Club [6 months]

Denied;
Teacher Application x2
Shop Application x2
Janitor Application
Receptionist Application

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation to apply to the KPD is so I can give it a second attempt and try my ultimate best this time. See, I've been accepted in the past but was removed a few years ago when Loooper was the old lead. I've really wanted to be a KPD member recently but have made some mistakes in the discord server, which have affected my ability to do so. I now understand that they were completely idiotic of me and I regret them severely. I would love to have a second chance at being part of KPD and hope you'd accept me.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have a good amount of oocly police force knowledge due to the fact that I actually have three neighbors who are currently serving as police! Along with this, my grandmother was a warden in a female prison, and my first cousin is a highway patrolman. I've always been surrounded by some sort of law force upholder, and have since gained some knowledge from it. I've also done some side research out of curiosity, but there still a ton I would like to learn! I'm hoping that if accepted I can get the opportunity to learn and do so much more in this field.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police are important as they keep order and peace, as you can tell by the term “Protect and serve”. They are meant to protect those who cannot protect themself and serve their people, meaning they fight, protect, and guard civilians. Without the KPD, no one would be safe in Karakura and the criminals would run amuck due to the already abnormally high crime rates, and they also can be there if people are scared for their life and need to have someone protect them for a while, put them in protective custody if they are in serious danger.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I do acknowledge this and agree to this term!

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I do and I will try my best.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I do acknowledge this, and will attend all possible training sessions!

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Kára Kuri

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Female- She/her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Undergrad: Psychology and Sociology
Graduate: Criminal Justice/Law Enforcement

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
French, Italian, Korean

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Kára Kuri is a naturally beautiful black female that stands only at 5 '1. Though she lacks in height, she makes up for it by how she can smooth talk and downgrade a situation. The female has long orange hair with a strand of white stemming from the fringe of her hair to make herself look unique. Though she’s relatively sweet and caring, she can definitely also be rather stern when she needs to be; and especially in a live or die situation (she has always been good like that).

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
She tends to be calm and collected in a professional line of work, as her work personality reflects her off duty one. While in more casual situations, she’s rather… quirky. Kára tends to make pretty bad puns, tries to make friends, and tries to be a nice person to all who are around her. She only wants to be the best whenever she can be. If you went up and talked to her, she would try her best to live up to your expectations in a way. So, her baseline personality stays the same as a bubbly and caring individual!

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
She views her co-workers as equals and gives them the respect they deserve and require. Kára isn't the type of person to let someone just fall through the gaps and go unnoticed, as she wants everyone to have a fair shot or get their work appreciated. She views teamwork with utmost importance,as she believes strongly that it is needed to make the police system work fluently. Kára has always personally bounced off teamwork as her main and leading moral due to its high importance in many situations.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
"I personally view myself as a leader as I can deal with stressful situations calmly and I am very capable of dealing with situations that require split second decisions that are often important in life and death scenarios. While I am often cheery and kind, I can be stern and quick witted if need be."

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Kára Kuri was born in the East Harlem section of Upper Manhattan, New York City. She had grown up in a two bedroom apartment with her mother, who was never mentally stable, and was always involving herself in not very desirable situations. Her mother's bad habits of always drinking and spending most of her time passed out on the couch caused Kára to grow up faster than any kid should have to. At the age of 12, she came home to the apartment and saw police officers flooding her home as she was forcefully being kept out of the apartment. In her own shock and confusion, she watched as a body bag was being removed from the apartment. She stood there, just watching, not remembering next as she passed out in a faint. Kára fell backwards, smashing her head against a wall. A month later the girl woke up in a hospital to the first sight of officers around her. She looked at all of them, one by one, when an officer had handed Kára a piece of paper. She made a confused expression as she looked down at the paper, seeing that she had been adopted by one of the police officers and being taken home shortly afterwards. The situation had been happening so fast that she was both confused and overjoyed to get out of that dump she was living in, not knowing what happened to her mother. The officer's name was Willie. Willie was the officer who adopted Kára, taught her all about the justice system, and taught her how to be respectful to others and help others when in need. She now gives her full gratitude to Wille for saving and restoring her life via focusing her life on the police force to follow in his steps.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Canes, Cough medicine, Eyepatches, Paracetamol, and Bandages.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
Gather evidence about said coworker and ask for other officers to help restrain and detain the co-worker abusing the inmate. Following, I would take the evidence to my respective higherup, most likely the commissioner, and provide the evidence to show what the co-worker did and make sure they face justice. While yes they are my coworker, it goes against every moral to do something like this when we are meant to uphold justice.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
I would take immediate action. The best way to go about things is to restrain the person attacking my co-worker by placing cuffs on them, and take them into a cell. While on the way back or before leaving however, I would radio the EMS to my location so they can help my coworker. If they don't respond, I will take the assaulter to the cell and before quickly rushing back to the scene and taking them personally to the hospital.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
First priority is to find plenty of evidence and then make sure it is concrete evidence. Upon securing said evidence, the final step would be to take it to higher ups and post a formal report. Since I have no control over the situation, I’d trust my higher ups to deal with the corrupt co-worker who has abandoned the “Protect and Serve” motto.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
It’s as simple as that I would deny their bribe and detain them. This is considered a crime, so I would read them their Miranda rights while placing the cuffs on their hands, and hastile take them to jail. Trying to bribe an officer is in no way acceptable in any scenario and shouldn’t go unnoticed.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETITIVITY
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread