Notable+
IGN:
nylu
DATE:
7/3/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
lower the water breathing rates

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Currently, it’s extremely unrealistic. I hate using that word in terms of Minecraft Roleplay, but this is an absurd exception. I don’t even have all my attributes maxed out and I can sit in water for 20 mins without losing a single bubble. Though, disclaimer, that’s how long I sat before I got bored.

anyways, I only have 2 attributes maxed, and one halfway. everything else is basically at 0…. so please fix this!!!!​

长卂丅卂尺卂 尸卄丫㔿

Level 120
csns
csns
Notable
I get your point, but while trying to grind swimming without water breathing is hard since you need to put your head PURRFECLTY (ahem, sorry) between the water and the air blocks which can be a real pain.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
I see where you're coming from, but hey! More time to detailRP before you die sinking! Plus, if you want to drown/make it realistic, /me it! 99.9% of drowning deaths are counted only OOC, plus it TPs you back to spawn.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
but while trying to grind swimming without water breathing is hard since you need to put your head PURRFECLTY
this isn’t removing water breathing, it’s nerfing it. i was able to nearly max out my swim without having any water breathing (aka when it was broken). you don’t need water breathing 5/6 to max out your swim

time to detailRP before you die sinking!
I don’t think anyone is going to realistically go down into water and need 20-30 minutes to detailrp. this isn’t about some saying that you can’t drown, but more so about the attribute literally being 100% unrealistic. I’m sure I can sit under the water for over an hour and still not be down half way of my bubbles. believe it or not, but this can cause problems within other situations too.

For example: KPD is currently on a manhunt, but the people they’re looking for are AFK under water at the beach because they’re aware they won’t die sitting there. sorry, but this is a case where this needs to be nerfed

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
Reminds of some Percy Jackson type Roleplay. +1 for sure, the water breathing and swim speeds are both absurd, though I don't care to see any of them nerfed.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
swim speeds
i dont mind swim speed, swim speed is fine as is (and cant really be changed, since the 1st level of swim already makes you fast by default. nothing to do about it)

this is just for breathing

+1 Agree with this, I recently got to 50% swim and I can literally go afk in the ocean. I don't think it should be removed but water breathing definitely should be nerfed frrrr plus heard water animal white lists have less water breathing than us too so it's a little… Hmmmmm

Last edited:

EnderBubs

Level 58
+1

I get some peoples perspective wanting to keep it cause it can help grind swimming a bit but water breathing itself was removed from attributes completely prior and you guys could grind swimming speed the exact same
I don’t understand why staff chose to remove water breathing though they had there reasons, I think it’s a feture that should Have stayed tbh. As Nylu said I think we should KEEP the effect just defuff it a little. 20 minutes without losing A SINGLE BUBBLE IS CRAZY
I remember testing the max water breathing when I had it maxed out, you could go 2 minutes in the water till you started taking damage, being that back or something but 20 minutes is way to much so +1

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
personally enjoy sitting under water (swim team lore)

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1

idk how u gonna justify being able to stay under water for 20+ minutes u aint no fish bruh

EnderBubs

Level 58
+1

idk how u gonna justify being able to stay under water for 20+ minutes u aint no fish bruh
I remember back when there was the pond by Akihito office, when I was a namemc I found a way to glitch my water breathing by hiding in a plant. The plant SOMEHOW stopped me from losing bubbles so I would call myself the fish man and talk to random people while they were fishing from under the water

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
i dont mind swim speed, swim speed is fine as is (and cant really be changed, since the 1st level of swim already makes you fast by default. nothing to do about it)

this is just for breathing
Yeah I just meant they both are unrealistic. Neither do I care to change, but not against it either tbh. Swim speed is hard to change though, because MC swimming and walking in water is painfully slow, and swim speed makes traveling water actually not painful. Water breathing is the most useless attribute tbh.

长卂丅卂尺卂 尸卄丫㔿

Level 120
csns
csns
Notable
this isn’t removing water breathing, it’s nerfing it. i was able to nearly max out my swim without having any water breathing (aka when it was broken). you don’t need water breathing 5/6 to max out your swim

I don’t think anyone is going to realistically go down into water and need 20-30 minutes to detailrp. this isn’t about some saying that you can’t drown, but more so about the attribute literally being 100% unrealistic. I’m sure I can sit under the water for over an hour and still not be down half way of my bubbles. believe it or not, but this can cause problems within other situations too.

For example: KPD is currently on a manhunt, but the people they’re looking for are AFK under water at the beach because they’re aware they won’t die sitting there. sorry, but this is a case where this needs to be nerfed
And it also comes with the endurance attribtue

Nattyloo06

Level 13
Nattyloo06
Nattyloo06
Omega+
+1

I wish I could breath under water for 20+ minutes but I do agree that's a huge over kill and needs to be fixed! Maybe 10minutes max?

Users who are viewing this thread