mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

We need more strict rules or change the server age rating

Rayyan651

Level 0
Alright, hear me out. The fact that the rules aren't strict enough, the fact you can take someone's eye shouldn't make any sense since this is supposed to be a family friendly server right? I mean kids playing this server will be traumatized when their eye, finger or more get taken from them. Yes only one limb but come on, what is this? Or maybe make this server not family friendly. Simple rule changes or changing the rating of the server will make the server better. It makes me upset that people literally have the rights to take my eye or anything else. I also want to mention the fact that the gang people threaten me to call staff when they are not following the rules, I don't want to RP them but honestly they just force me to. I have a lot of mental issues because of this whole server and how un-family friendly it is when it was supposed to be that. Please do change the rules like you can't take any limb or just change the server rating to 18+.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
If a family-friendly rating was applied to the platform, the idea of gang or criminal roleplay in general would remain unfulfilled, or would completely destroy the fun of criminal roleplay. To avoid this, I recommend that you abstain from getting involved in situations that may result in the removal of limbs or body parts, as this is how permissions work.

In addition, each and every player on and around Roleplay Hub has all the right to let the opposite party know that they are uncomfortable with the roleplay that is being acted on in such situations; roleplay that consists of extensive gore is strictly prohibited. You can make it family-friendly in your own way rather than have it applied to the server and negatively affecting the majority of the players’ criminal roleplaying experience.

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
use the format, but in general there's a rule against gore
1656241791685.png
just like- report if u thinks its too much

T3rract

Level 1
agree w springwood, just dont gangrp bro n if u dont like the rp thats being carried out just say it if they dont stop and keep making u uncomfy you report it, easy as that

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I'll agree with Springwood on this one; SchoolRP in itself isn't really "child-friendly". Even aspects of "school roleplay" can be considered non-PG (RomanceRP, harassment, etc.). It is true that some GangRP-related actions can be somewhat disgusting to look at. However, the situations where these actions take place can be avoided by following some simple steps

- Do not knock out your opponent in a fight. Try to go for other body parts to encourage roleplay rather than a "PvP-like combat"
- If you encounter someone who's trying to purposely "bait" permissions on you (They're intentionally trying to get you mad so that you knock them out), please contact staff about it
- Try to stay away from the GangRP community if it does not seem appealing to you. There are countless other types of roleplay that may catch your attention! Some examples are sports and rivalry, working in a job environment, etc. Once you're in one of these, it is highly unlikely that you'll encounter any of these situations
- Have a look at our server rules, specifically under the "Permissions" section to make sure that what your character is doing does not grant Major Assault Permissions or Kill Permissions

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

SRP does foster a majority stance towards family friendly content (Crime does exist in G and PG content) however for the areas that don't can very much be avoided depending on how you play the server. You could go your entire playtime without seeing a single dead body if you really felt like it.

The answer is to pick your battles and stay where you find yourself comfortable in, playstyle wise -- players are also usually accommodating anyways but if they arent there is always rule 5.3b. SRP is meant to be dynamic in it's age rating and how you go about choosing what kind of SRP Environment you want to be part of is essentially 90% player chosen.

SapouT

Level 21
i agree ! we should ban gangrp all together and make srp more safe pleaceI
It almost sounds like a joke hearing it from you, I agree with Pros and springwood and Toto, Though sum detailed actions are a bit too much, i havent seen any that are traumatising. Also u can always choose to stay away from gangrp knowing that even koing someone will grant them amjors on you. Therefore is you want to fully avoid violence then dont be violent and dont even minorly assault anyone so u dont get majored, (ignore my previous spelling mistakes, i have autocorrect-_-)

Last edited:

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
I've been on the server for *REDACTED* years, I can say that it's pretty easy to just avooooooooid GangRP if it doesn't make you very comfortable. The only times I've really gotten involved with it are times that I have WILLINGLY involved myself in it, like being a cop for a few months . . .. Getting perms on myself .. Stabbing people! But literally other than that, if you just . . stay away from like, obvious crime situations going on, (if you see them holding a weapon, go the other way!!!!) It shouldn't really be much of an issue

Ruin

Level 97
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
It almost sounds like a joke hearing it from you, I agree with Pros and springwood and Toto, Though sum detailed actions are a bit too much though i havent see any that are traumatising. Also u can always change to stay away of gangrp knowing that even koing someone will grant them amjors on you. Therefore is you want to fully avoid violence then dont be violent to even minorly assault anyone so that will do the trick and u wont lose any limbs
yeah I was joking idk y my messages got deleted tho

wwaver

Level 11
-1, its Minecraft.... self explanatory. only thing is some old ass people play this server and its kinda creepy ngl but thats about it. like most 10 year olds are too busy playing gta to care about srp's existence, i know this because I was that 10 year old.

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
-1 This is not needed AT ALL- here is why:

• I don't think you're the one who will, major gang RP on the server so if anything bad happens, mainly with detail RP that will be on you for starting a fight/engaging in one mainly because your chances of being attacked will most likely be low

• SRP never called itself a family-friendly server, from what I've heard neither does it have to. It's not up to SRP and the staff to change their rules, it's up to the parents to monitor what their children are doing. Also like there are more adults on the server than kids either way, or minors who are like either 1. Straight out of a far cry game. 2.One step before becoming an adult, like around 18 years or sum I dunno, guessing from the stuff I've seen, or heard. And if you're sensitive about this you have 3 options. 1. Avoid any theme on the server that you find sensitive and that you cannot handle. 2. Leave the server for now and come back once you're either adult or less sensitive. 3. Harden up. This is rude to say but personally, as a professional brat in my family who spent 800+ hours in... Garry's Mod at the age of 10 even though my mom did everything to stop me, I've seen shit nor do I have to go into detail, you have a scary experience, you learn from it and you harden up. I don't think there is a 6-year-old playing SRP and honestly, nowadays minors aren't much different to me back then who played FPS games which are brutally detailed at the age of like 9 or sum because no one cared or these kids are worse than me, come out as dream sexual, make gacha life videos, or cry if their Roblox slender boyfriend breaks up. Also, don't get me wrong there are normal children also normal on the internet YET they haven't reached our weird deep web here yet... lucky if you ask me. But I could understand you if the major SRP player base was like 6 but most people playing are at least 13+ which is the age where you harden up and grow up fast, again if a 6-year-old plays SRP and their meme character Qundale Dingle gets brutally killed, the parents are fault for not monitoring what their kid is playing and if they did it's the kid's fault close like mine if they sneak on a device that can launch SRP and they get brutally stabbed that's on them. While this may come off as very harsh from my side, it's the honest truth from someone who sneaked on the internet as a minor because my brother gave me some weird old laptop with no security I was a free snack for anyone, bad lurking online and gosh you cannot imagine how many times I almost stepped on a snake if you get what I mean. The internet WILL NEVER and HAS never been a safe place which is why it's, normally recommended only mature or adult people use it, not kids. The internet is not for kids, so it's not the SRP staff's job to make it safe, it's the job of the parents to be a parent so fatal traps that I almost stepped into can be avoided in the future.

• While I can understand that this stuff might traumatize you (gang RP stuff) it is your responsibility to then avoid this stuff, your character gets attacked if you raise situations on high stakes AND EVEN IF A FIGHT BEGINS it's not hard to do "/looc Hey guys while I'm very aware this will go into major combat can you please not go into detail or anything since I'm a very sensitive person about gore." end of the story. If these people do not do that I'd take screenshots and get into contact with a mod member which is fairly easy on SRP by only doing /help in-game.

• Like everything Srpingwood said-

• As someone who is just about to stop being a minor myself and who has been to therapy myself too due to me being very sensitive and avoiding I can only say stuff like losing your eye on SRP is not harsh. My characters have encountered countless attacks even attacking back (This being my choice though since I used to gang RP.) I have yet to encounter one single time or detail gore stuff. You only get detail RP in certain parts from my view on which is in:
1. P2L fights: They always have detail but you have to agree on them so you'Re safe there.
2.Gang wars: You won't join a gang if you're sensitive to violence or gore so also safe.
3.Slight detail action when using a weapon: Read this before screaming yea, most detail RP is more like an intense grabbing the katana and action, the worst you can get is as an example " He/She/Them thrust the knife into their *certain attack spot.* there is nothing too sensitive other than knowing you lost a body part or you got attacked at a certain spot but of course, this can only be my view.

(I wrote this at 6am with no sleep yet here I'm gving my most reasonable explination... how sad-)

Last edited:

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
As someone on the server who is much involved in the GangRP community I think this is a terrible idea.

Taking gangrp from the server by removing the ability of taking limbs is to me, just an outright stupid idea. The majority of the server is involved in gangRP and I find that so many people would no longer enjoy playing if we did this.

It is also very easy to avoid gangRP in general, as you can just stay away from those type of players on the server and avoid fights. The server is aimed towards an older audience aswell due to the more adult topics, meaning it's I would say aimed towards 13+ people as it is just a block game meaning it cannot be extremely gorey (this is not saying the actions can not be extremely gore descriptive it's just saying there is no actual blood or removed limbs).

gangRP is one of the most popular types of RP on the server and I think almost every player at least one time has been in a gangRP situation even if that is just being Ko'd. gangRP is very easy to avoid on the server by just staying away from those things or if you do get put in a situation where you are in a gangRP situation say being majored, if your not comfortable with the RP you can tell them or alternatively contact staff if the players refuse to listen to you after you tell them your uncomfortable.

All together I think this is a really bad idea and if this happened on the server I myself would most definitely not be playing anymore as it is one of my favorite types of RP on the server and one of the ones I participate in regularly.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- We already have rules in place to prevent over-detailed gory/violent actions in-game, if you come across a situation where another player's actions have made you uncomfortable, please report them to a staff member with screenshot evidence.​
5.3b Do not reference/mention/act on any sensitive content through your character; this includes necrophilia, paedophilia, bestiality, cannibalism, sexual assault/harassment/****, or extensive gore (heavily detailed violence that is discomforting).

Users who are viewing this thread