Weather in Karakura

Lizalopod

Level 130
IGN:
GemiLightning
DATE:
2/14/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Recently we had an event with a cool new weather plugin, where a tornado ripped through the town. The whole thing was pretty dang cool, it even had winds and stuff that prevented you from running well. But I assume it's a purely owner-activated thing. That's why I wanted to suggest some kind of automatic weather plugin. Making weather a bit more interactive on SRP would be fun, while tornadoes would be a rarity, stuff like heavy wind or hail could be mimicked easily with some plugin magic. Maybe even having rain inflict some kind of slowness or negative effect to encourage people to have umbrellas out or get inside when it's raining! You could then have these events be triggered at random times by the plugin, (with different rarities for each, like wind, which would be obviously more common than a tornado). It could even tie into the weather app planned for the phones (check the Trello) by displaying weather forecasts!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

More weather and stuff would spark more mini-events automatically and make roleplay just a bit more intriguing. Currently, weather(minus the tornado event) is pretty much taken for granted, the rain will start going and people will just walk around normally. I feel like making the weather more significant to RP would be pretty fun!

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1 cause I missed the tornado, but the other stuff would be neat af to have! :thumbsup:

BonBons

Level 30
+1
I like the idea, however I’d like to see more Typhoons. I’ve been living in Japan and I’d say specifying it as a Typhoon is more realistic as we get those pretty often.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1
I like the idea, however I’d like to see more Typhoons. I’ve been living in Japan and I’d say specifying it as a Typhoon is more realistic as we get those pretty often.
100%

They're no joke either, they can be very powerful. Considering their strength, a typhoon event could even spawn a ton of tornadoes too. But it could be predicted days before it would strike.

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
+1

It would get more weather reports out from us reporters, which would be cool to write.

_BritishAutism_

Level 94
_BritishAutism_
_BritishAutism_
Omega+
+1 !!!

I love the thought of natural disasters such as hurricanes, tsunamis, tornadoes, earthquakes etc, it brings a lot more entertainment and character development to RP!
Very good suggestion!
I hope it's accepted! :)

justsimba

Level 59
HazukiPlayZ
HazukiPlayZ
Omega+
+1

Honestly would make more sense, as there’s more than just sun and a little bit of rain in often weather patterns

Users who are viewing this thread