Not open for further replies.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
In Game Name: WeeabooTrashlord

School Employee Role you are Applying For: Private Tutor

How often do you log onto the server?: I usually log on at the least every other day. I, like some other people, come on simply to check the time / day. I usually prefer roleplaying during the day, during weekdays (IC), so at most I'll be online for ~4 hours.

Do you have discord? : Yes, It’s Alimonino #1054, I'm almost never away from a computer / phone, so I should be able to respond if you need me for whatever reason.

Do you have a microphone? : Yes, I do own a microphone, but I honestly prefer text over speech. I don't mind talking if it's absolutely necessary.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?: Years ago, I was temp banned for an hour, I don’t remember why.

Can you ensure that you will often come on: I can’t promise that I will, as school is coming up soon, but it shouldn't effect me too much (unless my teachers are sadists and decide to pummel me with paper).

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?: I mean, a job is a job after all. It's a given that you can get fired.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee: Private tutors teach either one on one, or to small groups of students, helping them learn the material, or helping with homework.

I'd also like to point out the difference between tutors and mentors, since I'll be using both later on. Tutors are private teachers, mentors give you guidance.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?: By “this type” I’ll assume you mean being the role of Private Tutor. No, I have not had any experience, as this is probably the only role-play I’ve seen with this role. The closest I’ve had is being a normal teacher in Creative server role-plays.

What experience, in general, do you have in role-play?: The majority of time I've spent roleplaying has either been on Creative servers or chat groups on chatrooms/discord etc. That being said, I still have a lot of experience on SRP.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it: It's not the most fresh memory, but I was tutored in elementary, so I know how it works. Apart from that distant experience, I do understand the concept of this job.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?: I’d ask them why they think this way. If they respond like a decent human being, we’d have a conversation about it. If they continue, I’d take the appropriate steps towards their punishment.

You are doing a hazadrous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?: Well, it depends. If I know I'm qualified to do this job, I'd do my best to complete the task. If I'm unsure, I might ask for assistance, or explain to the principal that I'm unable to do the job.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?: It depends on the severity of the situation. If it was something small, I’d probably either let it go, or just remind them to act properly. If it was more severe, I’d report it to a higher up.

[IC section]

Applicant Name: Haruka Kangae

Chosen Job: Private Tutor

Motivation for Joining YHS: There is a certain charm to teaching others things they don’t know. And I’ll say it now, I hated going to actual classes, sitting quietly for what feels like hours, writing down and memorizing whatever was on the board or in a textbook.

I want to spend time with students, be it in small groups or just one on one time, and help them better their education in an interactive, safe environment.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: Throughout high school and college, I’ve mentored students. By definition, a mentor is somebody who teaches somebody with less knowledge, be it in academics, or just life in general. Tutoring, by definition, focuses more on the academic side. Academics are important, but it's not everything. So if I gain this position, I'd be a professional mentor.

I majored in Mathematics, and of course, I have other subjects down as well. I believe I meet the requirements for this type of job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread