avie ♡

Level 50
dreamchapter
dreamchapter
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: RainbowOwl
How old are you?: 14.
Do you have any previous bans?: No, I do not.
What Country are you from?: Canada. However I live in the U.S.A.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): I do have a discord. It is Watermelon #8567
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes. If I still have any questions, I will surely ask a staff member.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I understand. If I will be inactive for a time being such as: Travel, vacation, moving, personal reason, etc. I will let a staff member know before hand.
Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
SERVER: I am on the server usually about everyday. The only reason I wouldn't be on would be if I had a lot of homework that day, I am busy, or if I'm not at home. I usually play for about 3-4 hours. I would usually take a break in between them sometime.

FORUMS: I am on the forums usually every other day or so. I'm usually either editing my applications or just reading others applications for fun.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?thre...cation-front-desk-cancelled.20189/#post-71708 Denied (I changed my mind on this, that is why it got denied)
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/french-application-re-applied-again.20340/#post-71694 Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-language-application-watermelon.20511/#post-72145 Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/shop-application-velvet-cafe.20776/#post-72904 Pending....

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
To keep things nice and short, I would like to become a teacher, because I always dreamed of becoming one. I always just pretend I'm the teacher when playing games. In real life, I used to tutor a 3rd grader and a kindergartener with their homework. When my teacher asked who was willing to do it, I raised my hand without any second thoughts.
I always just wondered what teachers life is like, and with becoming one on SRP, I can actually experience it. (if I get accepted). I always loved learning, and being able to share my love of learning is all I ever wanted. I love very closely examining teachers'. For me, it's very interesting and valuable. I just love the profession in general. It's so rewarding and so inspirational.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

Yes, I do. I have played many RP servers in both Minecraft and ROBLOX. I have played this server in particular for about 2-3 years now. I know all of the rules and policies.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:

I have not. Reason being is that the link is broken for me. If I click it it will go to a page that says error.
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ (here is proof)

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:

Classroom logs help when a teacher needs to see what they have taught in the past. This is important, because it shows them if they need to re-teach the lesson or even just review a previous lesson. It also helps admin, because they can see if a teacher has been online recently. If they are not online recently without a good reason, they could get demoted.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:

I would first figure out where the field trip will be held and the reason my class will be going on that field trip. Next, I would speak with the principal or vice principal to make sure it is okay to go and what time works best. Then, I would speak with the field trip staff (if applicable) too see when it is a good time to come. Finally, I will finalize the date of the field trip and give field trip permission slips to the students.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. No cursing or swearing during class. This is not tolerated at all. Students who choose to do this will be kicked from the class.

2. Be respectful and kind to your peers. Treat others the way you would want to be treated.

3. No use of phones during class. Your phone will be taken away and given back at the end of class if you choose to do so.

4. Raise your hand to speak or to leave your seat. It will be very distracting for students to leave their seats for no reason.

5. Be ready with materials for every class. We will be taking notes most classes, so please have a notebook handy. If you need one there will be extra but try to bring your own.

6. No eating or drinking in class. Our class is not a cafeteria, you may only eat in the cafeteria and no where else. Please take note of other students' allergies.

7. No fighting or any sort of violence. Any student(s) who choose to do this will immediately go to detention.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

I have role played on this server as a student mostly and nothing else. On other roleplay-type servers, I have played as a writer and a doctor. I also play as a 9th grade student on another RP server as well. I have also played RP on Roblox.

describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:

Stands for 'Head Department'. They are the most highly-skilled teachers of a grade/subject area. They sometimes edit/revise the NQT's lessons or even help them make them.

- QTLS:

This stands for 'Qualified Teacher of Learning Skills'. These teachers are right below the HD's. They know exactly how to teach their subject with little to no help at all. Their lessons are good and sometimes they can go to the HD's if they are really stuck.

- NQT:

This one stands for 'Newly Qualified Teacher'. This teacher is a brand new teacher. They have never really taught students before. Their lessons are often approved by the HD's. They usually go to the HD's if they have any questions or need help.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers in-game might have a slightly easier task then out-of-game teachers depending on the subject and the types of students. Usually in their spare time, teachers lesson-plan, grade papers, go to meeting, etc. Teachers often teach from curriculum books given from the school or school district. Sometimes teachers make lessons more engaging by modifying the curriculum just a tad. Doing some research, it says in the United States, teachers average salary is aroud $60,000. However the salary is varied in each state. Teachers are often teaching only one subject of their choice depending on their college/university degree. In-game, teachers' salary is about 250,000 yen.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to SRP, because without teachers it wouldn't be a SchoolRP. Teachers are the foundations of the school, they are what keeps the school running. Without teachers the school would be bare and empty.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system the school uses is the "Must have, Should have, Could have" system.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
My character I will be playing is Oaklynn Walker. She stands on 5' 5". She has brownish-redish hair and hazel colored eyes. She has lightly tanned skin. She has a very calm outlook on her students. She believes that students are learners. One mistake can tear them down. So, she tries her best to help those students who need some extra support while challenging those students who go above and beyond. She knows that students learn from their mistakes. It may take time, but they'll realize soon enough. She is always kind and respectful to other teachers. She will always ask about their day and so forth. She believes that asking for help is not embarrassing, it is being trustworthy to her fellow teachers.

Oaklynn is an introvert by heart. She is usually the person who doesn't really adds herself into conversations. However, if she knows you very well, she'll speak her heart out. She likes having engaging lessons and she likes having interactive/team effort type lessons. She believes that her students are part of her family and she would do anything to help them. Someday, Oaklynn would like to become a college professor. However, for right now being a junior high/high school teacher is good enough.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I will first give them a warning about their language and tell them to stop right away. If they continue, I will send them to the principal or vice principal OR give them detention and meet the the principal or vice principal.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I will start doing a different activity that is perhaps more engaging. If that doesn't work I will signal them and I will raise my voice a bit to remind them who is in charge here.
When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
I will ask the other staff members how their day is. I will ask the other teachers how their last class was. I will also ask any questions I have about teaching or anything else. She acts with respect and diligence. She will be kind to her fellow staff.
Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Greets students at the beginning of class while standing on the podium
/me Gives direction to students of where the extra notebooks are
/me She'd help a student who is struggling
/me She'd write the 5 elements of a good essay on the board and explain them
/me She'd sit down and start grading essays from students

Backstory
Oaklynn Walker was born on June 18th 1994 to parents, Harold and Samantha Walker in Seattle, Washington. She was the first child. For 5 years she lived with her parents in a log cabin in the woods. When she was 5 her little brother, Benjamin Walker was born. That day was the best day of her life. After Ben was 7 years old, their father started a local bakery called: Walker Bakery. He worked there full time and never really had free time to play with the kids. In 2010 they closed down the business so they could move to Karakura, Japan where they still live now. In 2012, Samantha died from a serious car accident. Everyone was devastated especially Harold. Harold has serious depression for 3 years. He refused to leave his home at all. So, in September of 2012, Ben's and Oaklynn's grandma, Cartha Lend took them. She lived in London, Ontario, Canada. So, Ben and Oaklynn flew by themselves to London. They restarted school there and they were very happy. In December, 2016 Harold got seriously ill. He was hospitalized and was diagnosed cancer. Unfortunately, Cartha had to leave to take care of her son. So, their aunt, Mia Walker took them. She also lived in London, Ontario so they didn't have to change schools thankfully. Because of these 2 tragedy's their life was at risk. In January of 2017 Harold unfortunately died in bed. And one week later Cartha died too.

Fast Forward to when Oaklynn was in college:
When Oak was in college she had 2 roommates: Alyssa and Diane. They were Oak's best friends in college. Alyssa was studying Environmental Science while Diane was studying nursing. In her sophomore year of college, Oak found her man of her dreams: Kyle Vandad. Unfortunately, Kyle had a girlfriend at the time and wasn't very interested in Oak. So, she tried to pull pranks of his girlfriend, Minnie. Overtime she figured out that pranking Minnie will not do her good, so she stopped. In her junior year of college, Oak had an exam for lesson-planning. If she failed this exam she would not become a teacher. If she passed she could continue her studies. So, she studied for 5 hours a day. She would miss most school activities and she wouldn't hang out with her friends. When it was exam day, Oak got really stressed out. She nearly fainted. When her exam was passed to her she glanced at the paper and her mind got blank. She stressed out and took a deep breath. She wrote the best lesson plan as she could. When she turned it in she was shaking. After a week the professor gave the paper back and she got an....A! She passed. She was so excited that she nearly bursted.
After she graduated, Oak applied for many high-schools in Canada but didn't get invited to any. So, she decided to move to Karakura and she is hoping that she will get accepted in this highschool.

(this backstory is still a work in progress)

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Oaklynn Mia Walker
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Oak or Miss Walker
Preferred Name: Miss Walker

Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0 (first year of teaching)
Working Experience (# of years): 2 (She has worked in a diner before)

Academic Degree:
Bachelor of Language Arts (English)

Year of Graduation:
2015 (She got delayed from moving)
Major(s): Language Arts
Minors: Writing

Native Languages:
English
Other Languages: French & Korean.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No.
Preferred Teaching Subject: Language Arts (English)

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
My backstory is still a work in progress.
I have made an example lesson plan. I may use this as my first lesson as a teacher if I do get accepted. I can send you the link on your discord if you like.
Do you have any questions?: Do I get taught how I teach or do I just roll with it?​

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Denied.
- In all fairness, an English teacher who specializes in writing should have a somewhat well-written and overall intriguing backstory, as it’s practically their job. Given your backstory, I'm not entirely sure this position would be suited for you.
- Though despite this, I believe your drives and motivations are quite inspiring, I wish you luck if you decide to apply once again! If you are to reapply, I suggest applying again at the end of the month, as that's when I'll be marking applications once again.

Good luck in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread