naeum
Rich

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

x4ko

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
@ev4ngelin3

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I own a functioning microphone & I will use it whenever needed.

What is your time zone?:
GMT+8

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I am aware of the consequences that will be administered if I were to be inactive.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am still a student and I also work a part-time job on weekdays, however, I do consider myself very active on SRP despite my commitments. My hours on SRP
vary every day due to my busy OOC schedule with hours ranging from 3-4 to 5-8 hours, however, one thing's for sure and it's that I am a consistent player.

Schedule and play-time (Daily/School days)
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday - Friday
Saturday
Sunday
2pm - Any time ranging from 8pm to 1am​
6:30pm - Any time ranging from 8pm to 1am​
2pm - Any time ranging from 8pm to 1am​
Usually online throughout the day, unless I have stuff to do OOCLY!​
Usually online throughout the day, unless I have stuff to do OOCLY!​

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
This is my only notable job application on SRP at the moment.

Language applications:

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Primary - Seiu Komatsu | [Grade-12]
Alternate - Evangeline V. Hattori | [Grade-12]

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I'm applying to teach Design and Technology, more specifically,
Graphic Design, which includes branding/brand identity, posters & the basic fundamentals of the field.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation to becoming a teacher stems from my personal experiences and heartfelt beliefs in the power and importance of education. I've always had
and seen great teachers that inspire me and had fostered the love I have for learning and I want to bring this to SRP too. I strongly believe that every teacher, past or present has made an impact in their student's lives as they play a pivotal role in shaping individuals in various ways; whether it be in academic development, mentorship or even social and emotional learning which is crucial when entering society. Other than that, they help prepare students by instilling resilience through challenges and to provide guidance and skills relevant to their future careers, helping them make informed choices so that they excel in their chosen fields. Teaching and providing help to people both IC and OOC has always brought immense joy to me and combining my love for roleplay along with teaching will not only elevate my roleplaying experience but also create an immersive and engaging learning environment for future players/students!

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Absolutely.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
Of course.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
From my understanding, the teacher class logs are records detailing the number of classes conducted by each teacher throughout the month. These logs act as an insight into the teaching workload to ensure that teachers are meeting the quota as well as ensure their active involvement and continuous flow of the roleplay experience for both the teacher themselves and also the students.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

. Respect and fairness. It's a classroom setting after all, outlining the differences between acceptable and unacceptable behavior helps promote a positive and considerate atmosphere as well as setting clear expectations for every individual so every student gets treated equitably.

02. Accountability. I'd expect a student to own up to their mistakes if they haven't completed an assignment or task that was given to them instead of making excuses. Every student holds responsibility their actions and contributions.

03. Learning focus. I'd expect students to remain focused in class to guarantee a smooth execution of the lesson and for an ideal learning experience for all!

04. Safety and prevention of conflict. This goes without saying, safety comes first, always. This is to ensure the well-being of every student within a given space. With clear rules, conflicts can be prevented by addressing potential issues proactively and providing resolutions as a teacher.

05. Everything done outside of class cannot be done in class. Eating, the usage of electronic devices, playing board games etc are all strictly prohibited in my class. If it's time for the lesson to begin, your focus should fully be on that, not what comes after class!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I've always been involved in roleplay one way or another. Before I discovered Minecraft roleplay, I used an app called Amino which is usually used for communities and fandoms to explore and share similar or contrasting interests. I was extremely active on that app and was on for hours and hours on end without breaks, primarily indulging in CombatRP and CouncillorRP. On there, I was an active member of a SchoolRP community, was also apart of the TWT (The Weekly Telegraph) which served as the community’s newsletter faction as well as the community’s school council! I then transitioned into Roblox roleplay which lasted for much longer than Amino, from then, my love for roleplay truly blossomed and as the years went by, I had slowly stopped roleplaying as I had other priorities and didn't have much time to set aside for roleplay either. However, I had always yearned the feeling of being surrounded with people that enjoy roleplaying as much as I did and returned to roleplay when I found out about Minecraft servers that are dedicated to just that, been hooked ever since. I don't have much experience in roles like teaching in roleplay terms even though I do have baseline experience OOC. I'm hoping that I can unlock a fresh and new opportunity to explore different roles here on SRP to broaden my insights and contribute meaningfully to the faculty team!

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The HoD is the person who is in charge of a specific department within, in this case, the school and college. The HoD typically has administrative responsibilities including overseeing the department's staff, developing curriculums and are people that have completed all their required training as well as ensuring the department's goals align with the overall objectives of the school.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified teachers are teachers that have met the educational requirements and has completed their training to be recognized as a teacher in a specific departments. They are typically people that has successfully met the criteria for being a qualified teacher by demonstrating the necessary knowledge to students and fellow faculty members and also by showing professionalism to effectively educate and support students.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Newly qualified teachers are teachers that have completed their preliminary training and are put into classrooms to begin teaching. There, they will apply everything they have learned from their previous trainings into action, they are then evaluated and if they perform well, they will have the chance to be promoted from being a new qualified teacher to a qualified one.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: Unqualified teachers are individuals that have been given the opportunity to be a part of the faculty team. They are individuals that lack the necessary qualifications, in this case, training to be recognized as an active teacher. I believe that UT's are not allowed to host classes during this period until they have been promoted to NQT's.

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.:

To me, teachers in-game and out-of-game both highlight the educational and instructional elements of teaching equally. While the settings and specifics may differ, the fundamental principles of teaching and guiding individuals are present both in and out of game; for example, facilitating learning, providing guidance and instruction, creating engagement within the school as well as creating connections between teachers and students. Teachers serve several purposes in the education system and are given tasks to be fulfilled such as imparting knowledge to students in various academic disciplines, making sure skills are being developed within students, preparing students for future endeavors and also introduce values, ethics and character traits that contribute to the development of students.

For a teacher's salary on SRP, I believe that Newly Qualified Teachers receive a base-pay of ¥350,000 and Qualified Teachers receive a base-pay of ¥400,000 a month for hosting at least 10 classes. Both of which are eligible to obtain a bonus of ¥50,000 if they host 5 extra classes. The number of classes that can be hosted a day is capped at 4 per OOC day, from what I've read.

As for the way teacher's teach, I think every teacher possesses their own unique and distinctive way of teaching a class. Each of which are chose and made to make their teaching not only to refrain from repetitive teaching styles but also make class more personalized and create a learning environment that recognizes and respects the individuality of each student, amplifying their overall learning and roleplaying experience. For instance, one teacher might favor hands-on activities, while another could excel in engaging class discussions, both are unalike but share the same goal and that is to provide students with knowledge. In their spare time, teachers normally review their lessons and plan for the next one, mark and grade assignments, issue homework or do normal human activities like reading, texting, calling, whatever that comes to mind!

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are crucial in a SchoolRP server, it's a school after all! People join to relive or experience contrasting happenings from their own, OOC. And of course to bring their imaginations to life. Teachers are the fundamentals of a SchoolRP server, if I had a say, they are one or if not the most important roles in the server as they provide players with the promised high-school experience. Without teachers, a player's roleplay experience may feel stunted and many roleplaying opportunities like teacher and student interactions, detention etc may not exist. Teachers make the roleplaying experience on SchoolRP more diverse and immersive as each lesson get carried out, which what makes SchoolRP so unique!

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW- Must have, Should have, Could have, Would have.

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
[SEIU KOMATSU: ABOUT]

A 27 year old female that boasts an attractive height of 5’8”, Seiu Komatsu is a Japanese woman who is the embodiment of the Japanese tradition. With porcelain-like skin that is framed by her ebony hair and deep mahogany eyes, it almost seems timeless being around her. She carries herself with poise and ramrod-straight posture; making every movement of hers deliberate and measured, with the intentions of flaunting her graceful fluidity to those around her.
Seiu is made distinguishable from her habits outside of her workplace, committed to honoring her culture in the rapidly changing world all while embracing modernity and innovation in her work and surroundings. She tries to remain deep-rooted in the values and customs passed down through the generations such as performing tea ceremonies and practicing traditional Japanese art and rituals. She pays frequent visits to the monastery and spends her weekends at the shrine.
Despite her upbringing, she chose to step out of her comfort zone to pursue her passion for graphic design, hoping and wanting to bridge the gap between tradition and modernity drawn to the idea of creating visually appealing yet complex digital pieces. She saw graphic design as an impactful tool for storytelling, taking this opportunity to spread the word on cultural preservation not just through handmade art pieces, but digital ones too.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
[THE KOMATSU SPLENDOR]

Seiu Komatsu approaches the majority of her interactions with students and co-workers with a fuse of idealism, pragmatism and empathy, all while honoring her traditions. She holds high hopes for those around her, mainly her pupils, hoping to inspire them to reach their fullest potential. Yet, she also tries to recognize the practical challenges they face, often offering advice from her own experiences.
Seiu sees her co-workers more than just colleagues. She believes in sustaining a supportive and inclusive working environment where every teacher’s talents are recognized and valued. Though soft-spoken, Seiu does attempt to form lasting relationships with her co-workers.

"Perhaps a cup of tea? Let's see, I have oolong and genmaicha... Ooh, I have some kombucha brewing at the back too!"

What are their plans for the future?

She plans to share her encyclopedia-like knowledge and love for graphic design with her students. She also wishes to open a graphic business on the side as well as take on international projects by collaborating with clients from different countries.

View attachment 58355

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
"I would calmly intervene, reminding them of our school's code of conduct and guiding them towards more respectful behavior, leaving them off with a warning. If this behavior persists, they would pocket a detention slip from me."

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
"If my class isn't listening, I'd pause and try to understand why. Maybe they're feeling restless or struggling with the material - However, if that isn't the case, I would kick them out of the classroom as a punishment for their disruption."

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
"In the teacher's lounge, I try to make the time to engage in meditation and prayer! For me, it's a moment of reflection and gratitude where I offer my thanks for the opportunity to educate and nurture the young and silly minds entrusted to me."

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me She arranges her teaching materials meticulously with a gentle sweep of her hand, ensuring each item is in its rightful place. She places a neatly folded fan on the edge of her desk and ensures her kimono's every fold and knot is smooth and secured in place before clearing her throat and bows deeply towards the front of the classroom, &f"Hello, everyone. I hope you're all doing well today, thank you for being here." she said with a gentle curve of her lips.

/me She turns towards one of her students, her expression warm yet authoritative. With a gentle nod, she gestures towards a stack of booklets neatly arranged on her desk. &f"XXX, assist me with handing out these booklets for today's class please." she asked politely as she walks towards the back of the classroom to prepare the projector.

/me she paces the dimly lit classroom, her gaze sweeps over the rows of students diligently working on their assignments, except for one. Her eyes land on a figure slumped in their seat, head bowed and breathing steadily. She gets out of the seat and approaches the pupil, the one who dared fall into a slumber amidst her class and taps gently on the surface of their table. &f"XXX, it seems you've drifted off from our lesson. Are you feeling unwell?" her tone carrying a hint of concern. "Do stay awake and attentive during my class, if you need, you may head over to the nurse's office. Alright, back to where we were, class!"

/me she discreetly glances at her wristwatch, taking note of the time, &f"There's approximately 30 minutes left before our class ends, try your best to finish the assignment and make sure to write your name down on the column I have provided!" she exclaimed before making a mental note to review her schedule for the rest of the day. she returns to her desk, letting out a sigh of relief as she gathers her teaching materials and prepares to conclude the lesson.

An Unveiling — Seiu Komatsu's Story
"She looked pale, mysterious. Like a lily, drowned, underwater."

Jang 'Seul-Ki', born in Korea, the young tutor who specializes in Graphic Design moved to Karakura, Japan to pursue her teaching career. Seul-Ki, being the youngest and the only child in her family has always faced pressure on every minute detail of her life, decided that she's going to follow her heart and moved to the lovely Karakura to become a teacher, alone.

Seul-Ki’s roots are diverse, she is born to a very loving and beautiful French-Scottish mother and a strict and traditional Korean father. Despite her ancestry, she never learned both her mother’s and father's languages as her family relocated to Matsue, Japan when she was only 2 and most recently, Karakura, Japan, herself. Her parents then divorced and her mother gained full custody of Seul-Ki. Eventually, her mother was remarried to Alain Sinclair, a wealthy French architect who had two sons of his own, Zeke and Laurent, two very successful businessmen. Because of her 2 older step-brothers, Seul-Ki had pressure put on her to also be a part of the Sinclair family's legacy. Her father had also given her an English name, 'Vicky' as he often attended events in Europe and brought her along to gain exposure to the business world. Since she was of mixed blood, she was often made fun of throughout her primary and high school years. On top of that, Seul-Ki suffers from Marie Antoinette Syndrome which has made her hair turn completely white because of the immense stress and trauma her schooling life has brought her. She really only had one friend during this time, that being Souta Shirogane, a Japanese girl that shielded Seul-Ki from the constant bullying and humiliation. Shirogane ultimately met her demise when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. Seul-Ki mourned her dear friend for years, struggling to pick herself up but she persevered as a token to her beloved friend.

Throughout Seul-Ki's youth, she'd showed excellent skill in graphic design and has made posters and banners for many renowned companies, she even made a few for her step-brothers. She had worked as a part-timer in her brother, Zeke's company, ‘Ajisai Āto Gyarari’, a designer art gallery and while on shift, she'd discovered her love for graphic design and even started her own small business which was ultimately abandoned because of her family's disapproval. She begged for her parents to let her have a spot at Matsue's private university and to take Graphic Design as her major but was rejected over and over. That was until she signed up for a scholarship program from a company that had previously purchased a poster from her. She worked hours on end, studying relentlessly in hopes of reaching the requirements and she did it, she had got the scholarship and was sent on a full ride to Matsue's best. From there, her journey of Design had begun. Seul-Ki did not excel in subjects like Mathematics, Additional Mathematics as well as Foreign Languages which she was forced to take by her dad, however, one subject made her stand out and that is none other than, Graphic Design, that she chose as her primary major as well as web development which became her secondary major. She also took business and education as her minors.

Seul-Ki decided that she'd take a break from her academics and became her father's chaperone to her brother's newest art exhibition, which provided a brief time-out from her studies, where she unexpectedly found love in George MacDonald, who she met on the second day of her brother's exhibition. Their young, pure and whirlwind romance led to a radiant marriage, fulfilling Seul-Ki's lifelong dream. Their happiness was short-lived as George succumbed to terminal illness.
The loss left Seul Ki shattered, but she buried her grief beneath the weight of her academic pursuits. Juggling two majors and two minors consumed her days, leaving very little room for mourning. Graduating with honors was a bittersweet victory for Seul-Ki, still unable to escape the thought of her late-husband and the constant reminder of the void left by her husband's absence. Tired yet so accomplished, Seul-Ki finally, took much needed break, finally allowing herself time to heal. Seul Ki turned her attention to her teaching career. The opportunity to start anew in Karakura, Japan was enticing yet... scary. She'd have no one with her, not her family, not her husband. But, it was a chance to honor George's memory by pursuing her passion for education and graphic design.

When Seul-Ki first stepped foot in the beautiful town of Karakura, her first priority was to get a stable job; rent wasn't cheap. Her previous job as a tutor didn't cut it, her basic resources and money was scarce and Seul-Ki could only afford the bare minimum, she lived off of biscuits and sweet buns and rented a small apartment that costed ¥25,000. As she was walking around town, searching for job openings, she noticed the busting and big Karakura High School. Amazed by the sight, Seul-Ki walked closer to the school gates, on one of the walls, a poster with bright red text showed, 'HIRING: SCHOOL TEACHERS NEEDED!'. Under the text showed the list of teachers that were needed, 'Math.. Biology... P.E...'. Seul-Ki then let out a gasp, along with a shriek! What could've been on the poster? 'Design and Technology!' Seul-Ki said loudly. The school guard stationing at the guard house looked at her, wondering what could've been so interesting. She walked up to the guard asking, 'Excuse me sir! This.. this poster, it says the school is hiring teachers.. Where can I get the application form?' she asked politely. 'It's an online application, apply there.' he replied. Seul-Ki thanked the kind man and scurried back to her place, gleaming with joy, she ran home and ecstatically opened her laptop. She submitted her resume along with her certificates and qualifications, then waited for a response.

View attachment 58352

SECTION #1 - Personal Details
"Of all flowers: you."

Full Name (First & Last only):
The lady settles onto the chair, her posture upright as she arranges her kimono, a dimpled smile appeared on her face, "Komatsu, Komatsu Seiu. It’s a pleasure meeting you."

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs.

Given Name(s): Seiu

Preferred Name:
Her hands delicately folded and resting on top of her kimono, ”Mrs. Komatsu would suffice.

Age (Minimum is 25):
A soft chuckle would escape her mouth, "I am twenty-seven."

Religious Denomination:
Seiu nods gracefully before answering, “I practice both Shintoism and Buddhism.

Marital Status:
She'd shift her body in her seat as she cleared her throat, her hands now clasped together, fingers interlocked with one another, "Though, I am young, I was once indeed married. My husband -- unfortunately -- lost his life last year. I'm currently widowed."
The subject didn't bother her, seeming as if she's been asked this question many times in the past.

Nationality:
I was born and raised Japan.”

Current Location:
"I resided in Mount Koyasan situated in the Wakayama Prefecture previously. I live here, in Karakura now."

SECTION #2 - Academic Details
Working Experience (# of years):
4 years of tutoring
﹒6 years of independent commissioning
"I have done my fair share of tutoring and commissioning throughout the years, both of which contributed to my piqued interest for teaching."

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s): Graphic Design & Religious Studies
Minors: Business & Education

"Let's.. not delve too deep into my education."

Native Languages:
"I am fluent in both English and Japanese."

Other Languages:
"I took regular Mandarin lessons back when I was younger. I am proficient in the language."

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
"Yes, I have a TESOL Certification."

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Pending
Thank you for applying! Your application was wonderful! However,

• There were other applications that stood out more
  • The subject you applied for is currently capped

Please feel free to work on the application until the next wave of applications!

RexLobo

Level 105
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread