mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied xBabyBlues Sociology (Head of Department)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBabyBlues

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): xBabyBlues
Previous bans:
None (And I plan to keep it this way)

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:
Weekdays, I aim to fit around 2-3 hours per day and weekends I am mostly free as I prefer to get homework done during weekdays so I can spend more time online dedicating my time to the server.

Do you have TeamSpeak3?
Yes, although sometimes I prefer not to speak to people that I do not know (If I had to, I would)

Do you have a microphone?
Yes

List your current and past applications:
This is my first one

What is your motivation for applying?:
Well, Sociology is always a kind of "Put behind subject" and never really thought about, which I don't think is very good, this is why I decided to apply because I believe it's an important subject to learn and is also very informative (It is one of my favourite subject at school)

Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Yes, thoroughly and understand it well

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
Previously, I mentioned it isn't a thought about subject and people would rather dedicate their time to other subjects such as art and math, for example, as I take this subject at school and what I learn is what I believe extremely important, I would like to teach this to others so they get an experience and see what it is like.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee

Newly Qualified Teacher

Fully Qualified/Co Subject Leader

Head of Department
Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, Similar to the mega thread I have entirely read it and made sure I fully understand it before making further movements on my application

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
If I could, I would add MORE teachers because I feel like almost everyday is a "No School" day and that could be changed if more people were enthusiastic about the teacher group and got themselves up for applying.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are there to serve a purpose for students as they do GSCEs and grow into adults, to prepare them for changes and teach them what is to come in there life (Which is why I believe sociology is so important, to teach people about anti-bullying etc) If they are fully dedicated to the job which is what teachers should be (However it isn't good to be perfect) they should plan ahead on lessons prior to teaching that day, not entirely sure of a salary maybe around 2000yen (Monthly/Annually) but must be served fair and equally for serving pupils a special purpose in that subject.
Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Because it may just be a minecraft server, but could also server them a purpose in real life, from teaching them things and printing / doing fun activities with them, without teachers there would be NO school which means students wouldn't get an education, and the education they need.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee: Beginner, new to teaching particular subject, often referred to as a tester rank (To see whether they can be trusted and fully qualified to this subject)

Newly Qualified Teacher: Can be trusted in this subject and knows enough about it to teach full time

Fully Qualified/Co Subject Leader: Fully qualified (With degree) often known as Co-Subject Leader, should be working way up to Head of Department.

Head of Department: Subject Leader, usually controls that particular subject and what teachers teach for each term with new topics. Must be on regularly

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

MoSCo system (Must have, Should have, Could have.)
Must: Your main subject that you want your students to learn during the lesson.
Should: An important thing that should realistically be done. (The objective 'Must' needs to be included)
Could: Not predicted to be completed.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Ms. Bleus has big plans for the future, she loves teaching by all means helping kids around her as it makes her feel like she is a part of something and helping kids get a good grade for examination etc. She thinks positively of hard-working dedicated students, however when people have more of a negative look on learning/work she encourages them to try harder and make the most out of their learning. For a normal teaching day, she would make sure to wear something appropriate for that day.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I think it would be important to be reasonable, therefore my choice would be to warn them, and tell them that such of a foul mouth is not accepted at this school.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Well, the reason I am applying to be a teacher is for the benefit of my students so I would make sure to tell them that, if they continued with bad behaviour I would warn them

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
She would act as herself, and be very nice and act positive even if she wasn't feeling it.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me Hands out textbooks

/me Explains Students work

/me Stands aside whiteboard providing detailed explanation of working task

/me Hands out homework making sure to explain in detail

/me Corrects mistake in students book warning her/him, so she knows to learn from it

BACKSTORY (I am putting myself in my characters shoes)

I am Ms. Bleus, born 22nd September 1996, I graduated at my university in 2014 which when you think about it isn't that long ago, however I am very experienced if I go back to my previous life before I graduated and became a working teacher full time. As a kid, I started learning sociology from a young age around 10/11. From then, I found it very interesting but back then it was a sort of popular subject, that's when I thought about teaching however as a short 10/11 yr. old I had MANY dreams I wanted to fulfil and that was just one of them, but never in so many years did I think I would be applying to teach one of my best subjects at a school in Japan! I had been bullied quite a lot which I guess held me back slightly as I had been bullied ever since I graduated, in the many other subjects I did, then my parents decided they wanted to move, so we headed to the northern side of America, this is where I studied Sociology more, and started to learn more about into it and made exceptional progress from when I had graduated in England, that's when I applied to teach at another school in where that I did get the job, I taught there for a year and then decided I was old enough to make decisions for my own, so I by myself decided to move to Japan and was so glad I did, people were so friendly so welcoming, the schools were great and I knew that one day I could be teaching at one of them, and this is why I decided to apply here, to make a difference that I know I can do, especially as Sociology isn't a popular subject, I want people to realise that it can change people's view of different things.

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Aurora Bleus
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms. Bleus
Given Name(s): None
Preferred Name: Aurora

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status:
Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 2

Academic Degree: Standard Sociology Degree (Covering all topics, Drugs, Bullying, Online etc)

Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Sociology Department/Education
Minors: Maths Department/Eduaction

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: French, Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Group: Large

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread