What is your Minecraft Username?:
xo_FLUTT3RSHY

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
Ban (12 days): OOC Toxicity.

What is your timezone?:
AEST

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
m1lkk1x *no tag*

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Denied, Laungage (Korean) Trying out for it again soon.

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm online every day for multiple hours at a time with a few breaks here and there.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
Student (Year 12) , Bird character.

Are you aware that inactivity can result in removal from the council?:
Yes, I am aware.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?:

The student council is made up of students who have been elected by their fellow students to represent the student population in many areas of school governance and decision-making. Their main job is to represent the interests and concerns of their peers by serving as a liaison between the student body and the school administration.

A student council's particular responsibilities may vary depending on the structure and regulations of the institution. But regular responsibilities also include planning volunteer and community service programmes, as well as school events like dances, fund-raisers, and spirit weeks.

Members of the student council also often contribute to the creation and implementation of school policy, providing input on issues like rules, building upgrades, and extracurricular activities. They might also represent their school at neighbourhood gatherings for the benefit of the school community and outside of it as ambassadors.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
I am passionate about improving the school environment by joining the student council to advocate for changes I believe will benefit the student body. This could include initiatives related to academics, extracurricular activities, facilities, or policies.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I am aware.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
High School President

The President fosters collaboration and teamwork among council members, encouraging active participation and engagement from all members. They delegate tasks, oversee project progress, and facilitate communication within the council.

High School
Councillors
A High School Councillor serves as a representative of the student body, advocating for the interests, concerns, and ideas of their peers within the student council.

College President
In collaboration with other council members, the President identifies challenges and issues facing the college community and works to develop solutions and implement positive changes. They may also serve as a mediator or advocate in resolving conflicts or disputes.

College Councillors
Councillors may propose, plan, and execute projects, events, or campaigns aimed at enhancing the college experience, fostering community engagement, or addressing specific issues identified by the student body. They collaborate with other council members, committees, and college stakeholders to bring these initiatives to fruition.

Trainees (Learning how to become council). Also the staff Caretakers and Staff Council.

IC SECTION
SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

"I would listen to both students to understand their perspectives and any underlying issues contributing to the conflict. Offering support and guidance, I would encourage them to resolve their differences peacefully and respectfully."

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
"I would follow the established school protocol for handling disciplinary issues, which may involve detention or other consequences for the student's refusal to comply with school policies. It's important to ensure that disciplinary measures are fair, consistent, and in accordance with school policies and regulations."

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
"In a calm but firm manner, I would address the councillor who is engaging in abusive behaviour. I would remind them of the responsibilities and expectations of a councillor, emphasizing the importance of treating all students with respect and dignity."

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
"I would politely ask fellow council members or the meeting facilitator to clarify any points or details that I missed during the meeting. This could involve asking specific questions about agenda items or seeking clarification on discussions that took place."

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
"Depending on the complexity of the issue and the level of discretion involved, I may seek guidance or clarification from my higher-ups to ensure that I am aligned with the established protocols and procedures"

Please provide atleast one detailed event that the council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more for one event):

"Event Name: Cultural Fusion - Celebrating Diversity
Date: Any date can do.
Event Overview:
  • Cultural Fusion is a vibrant and interactive event aimed at celebrating the rich diversity of cultures within our school community.
  • The event will feature a variety of cultural performances, exhibitions, workshops, and food stalls, providing students with a unique opportunity to learn, engage, and connect with different cultures.
Event Activities:
  1. Cultural Performances:
    • Arrange performances showcasing traditional music, dance, and theatre from various cultures represented in the school community.
    • Encourage students to form cultural performance groups and showcase their talents on stage.
    • Include a diverse range of performances, such as Korean traditional dance, Japanese Taiko drumming, Indian classical music, African drum circles, and more.
  2. Cultural Exhibitions:
    • Set up interactive exhibition booths representing different countries and cultures.
    • Each booth could feature displays of artifacts, traditional clothing, artwork, and other cultural items.
    • Students can volunteer to create and manage the exhibition booths, sharing information and anecdotes about their cultural heritage.
  3. Cultural Workshops:
    • Offer hands-on workshops where students can learn traditional crafts, art techniques, cooking recipes, and language basics from different cultures.
    • Workshops could include activities such as origami, calligraphy, henna painting, sushi rolling, salsa dancing, and language exchange sessions.
  4. International Food Fair:
    • Set up a food court area with stalls offering a diverse array of international cuisine.
    • Invite students, parents, and local vendors to showcase traditional dishes and snacks from around the world.
    • Encourage attendees to sample a variety of foods and flavours, promoting cross-cultural culinary appreciation.
  5. Cultural Games and Activities:
    • Organize fun and interactive games inspired by different cultures, such as Chinese yo-yo, Mexican piñata, Korean Jegi chagi, and more.
    • Provide opportunities for students to participate in cultural trivia quizzes, scavenger hunts, and cultural exchange activities.
Event Promotion:
  • Create colourful posters, flyers, and digital announcements to promote the Cultural Fusion event throughout the school.
  • Utilize social media platforms, school newsletters, and announcements to generate excitement and encourage student participation.
  • Collaborate with language clubs, cultural affinity groups, and community organizations to spread the word and attract a diverse audience.
Event Logistics:
  • Secure necessary permits, permissions, and approvals from school administration and relevant authorities.
  • Coordinate with facilities management to arrange the setup, seating, and audio-visual equipment for performances and exhibitions.
  • Recruit volunteers from the student body to assist with event logistics, such as setup, registration, and clean-up.
By organizing a Culture Fest like Cultural Fusion, the student council can showcase creativity, promote cultural diversity, and strengthen community ties within the school. This event not only celebrates the unique identities and traditions of students but also fosters mutual understanding, respect, and appreciation for different cultures."

• Personal Information
    (in character)

Name:
    "My name is Akemi Osiris."

• "I was born a female and still identify as one, I go by she/her pronouns."

• Phone number:
    "my phone number is 030-582-5643"

• How would you describe your personality?:

"Others say I embody a captivating blend of grace, resilience, and gentle strength. With an air of serene confidence and a warm, inviting smile, I effortlessly draws others to my side. My serene demeanour belies a depth of inner strength, forged through life's trials and triumphs.

Despite my quiet nature, I posses a quiet determination that propels me forward in pursuit of my dreams and aspirations. Whether facing challenges head-on or navigating uncertain waters, I approach each obstacle with unwavering resolve and a steadfast belief in myself.

My kindness knows no bounds, extending compassion and empathy to all those around me. I listen with an open heart, offering solace and support to friends and strangers alike. My gentle presence brings comfort and reassurance, creating a safe space for others to express themselves freely.

While I radiate a sense of tranquillity and poise, I am not without my moments of spontaneity and playfulness. Whether indulging in my love for art and creativity or immersing myself in nature's beauty, I embrace life's simple joys with childlike wonder and enthusiasm.

Above all, my authenticity shines through in every interaction, leaving a lasting impression on those fortunate enough to know me. With my quiet strength, boundless compassion, and unwavering authenticity, I inspire others to embrace their true selves and navigate life's journey with grace and resilience."

Appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
    1710389485307.png
  • What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
    "I thrive in dynamic and fast-paced environments, demonstrating adaptability and resilience in the face of change and adversity. I am not afraid to step outside my comfort zone, embracing new challenges with an open mind and a willingness to learn."

• Why do you want this position?:
    "Serving on the student council provides an excellent opportunity for personal and leadership development. I am excited to hone my leadership skills, collaborate with peers, and gain valuable experience in teamwork, communication, and problem-solving."

• What interests you the most about student council?:
    "
    Student council involves working collaboratively with peers, teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders to address challenges, implement solutions, and improve the school environment. I am eager to contribute my ideas, creativity, and teamwork skills to tackle issues and drive positive change."

• What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
  • "I would prioritize listening to the needs and concerns of my fellow students and advocating for their interests. By serving as a voice for students, I can ensure that their perspectives are heard and considered in decision-making processes, ultimately contributing to a safer and more enjoyable school environment for all."

Last edited:

jaaaayla

Level 199
Council Lead
Jaeyla
Jaeyla
Fundraiser+
DENIED
Thank you for applying to the Council Faction. Unfortunately, after the higher-ups have reviewed your application; We've decided to deny your application. Your application was denied due to the following reason(s) below:

Recent Player History:
Although infractions and server reputation are not detrimental factors to the initial application, we prefer players who have had a recent clean history and were more active within the integration of the server.

Inactivity:
You have not been active for a significant amount of time. Please raise your current activity and feel free to reapply again to the faction.

Formatting:
Please make sure to follow the provided format for the application process.

Users who are viewing this thread