Omega

IGN:
ImCult
DATE:
6/27/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a Yearbook Team/Committee.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I think adding a Yearbook Team/Committee would bring more realism and more engagement towards the server. Now I do realize there is a Photography Club, but it’s a club that in my opinion only takes photos to show off their skills. I would like to suggest bringing a Yearbook team on the server to provide each school overlooking events from a current year and providing team spirit. This is how I would make it work, the Photography Club could take photos for the Yearbook Team providing them highlights of: tryouts, games, school events, pep rallys, blood drive, club rush, ect. After an event concludes, the Yearbook team would pick out photos to put in the school's yearbook. All the other photo’s would be put into the Clubs discord server. As the year goes by, towards the end of December. The yearbook team would be wrapping up 2 yearbooks, 1 for Bobcats and the other for Spartans. Seeing that the Photography Club, or anyone else doesn’t make an actual book to represent a Yearbook. I think this would be a good idea to bring into the server.
Positions/Ranks
Yearbook Advisor-
This would be a teacher or professor overseeing the team and would also support the students. Providing guidance and skills if needed to.

Managing Editor- Responsible for developing the yearbook contents. They will supervise what contents would be going into the yearbook. At the end of the finishing product, they would look over it before it gets submitted to both schools.

Layout Editor- They would help find a good layout for the yearbook. Usually works with the Managing editor outlining details and design for the book.

Designer- The designers would work with the layout editor helping them on yearbook spreads. The designer's job is to correct photos, cropping, and labeling if needed.

Copy Editor- They would look over it for any grammatical errors. They are also responsible for fact checking, alongside with the managing editor to help develop interest into the yearbook.

Reporter/Writer- This could be a collaboration with the Journalist team covering any major events that could be useful for the yearbook. As this doesn’t have to happen everytime just an idea.

Photographers- This is where the Photography club could come in providing a variety of photos for the Designer to pick from.

Index Editor- They are responsible for listing out Staff, Faculty and students from both schools. Listing out names and captions if needed.

Cover Examples
These are just examples of what the Bobcats and Spartans Yearbook would look like. As these are not the official covers, which is just the original theme, Team Spirit.

Bobcat Cover Example

Spartan Cover Example

As I mentioned earlier, these don’t have a special theme as they're just original colors representing both schools. If this does get added in the future, there will be special themes representing how the school year (full year) went throughout the server.
To conclude this, I thank you for taking the time to read this and I do hope we can make this happen!

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1, would be cool but I don't think it's needed to have a whole committee for it. Photography club and student council could probs handle it

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
We had a yearbook last year, it was made by the club & council lead at the time. Not sure if the photography club helped or if it was other players... They could do it again for sure!!

[2021 Yearbook]

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
I was one of the main photographers from last year, it was really cool and I'd do it again -- Tippie from what I believed was the main person around organising it (it was a MASSIVE project, a bit more then the work of the committee your suggesting) so I would probably go to him as it requires a little more touch ups and quality control.

1656381016842.png

my graduating class lol

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted

- This is already something the Senior Leadership Team for the School do each year, starting last year. It will continue to take place with coordination from the Council & Clubs + School Leads, with additional help from the Photography Club and Council.​

Users who are viewing this thread