mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Yeetus__ Janitor Application

Yeetus__

Level 1
[OOC section]

In Game Name: Yeetus__

School Employee Role you are Applying For: Janitor

How often do you log onto the server?: I log on to SchoolRP daily from around half an hour to a few hours and have been doing so for the past month.

Do you have discord? Yes, my discord is Yeetus__#4989

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

Have you ever been banned? If yes when and why?: I was banned for a month for ERP on PrisonRP back in December (unsure of the exact date). I had been on the server for two months previous and was less active than I am now and didn’t know the rules, so I take full responsibility for my actions.

Can you ensure that you will often come on: Yes, I can assure that I can come online on the daily as I am a student and as of right now am studying from home due to COVID-19- I am done with school in the morning and always come on the server in the afternoon. I do not currently have an employment, so I definitely have spare time to give.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?: Yes, certainly. But I do not intend to do anything that should get me ICly fired and will do my job whenever required.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee: A janitor’s job is looked upon as simple and easy, but is often filled with hard work and dangerous jobs. A janitor’s job consists of cleaning up after the students, making repairs around the school, and ensuring that everything physical is running smoothly. A janitor must work at the school before class hours and after class hours to ensure that everything is cleaned up and ready for the night / day, as well as unlocking and locking the school when required. A janitor is much more than just cleaning up- in some cases, they are the jack of all trades from being the handyman, the cleaner, the electrician, and the security. A janitor should always be ready to work as any disastrous situation can occur at any time needing aid, as they are held responsible for the parts of a school that educators and other staff may not have experience with.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?: I have done roleplay involving jobs, work, and more on Minecraft. However I have never been on a server structured the same way as SchoolRP.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have participated in Minecraft roleplay on several different servers for a while now, mostly Creative servers with plot roleplays. I learned about character lore, casual roleplay structure and techniques from /me to how to properly structure roleplay speech (not using text emojis, etc.), as well as participated in a variety of different genres of roleplay from Prison, Lab, School, City, and many Fantasy subgenres. I’ve also roleplayed specifically with friends on private Realms and servers. The reason why I enjoy SchoolRP so much is because of how organized it is compared to previous roleplay servers I’ve been on- from Lore, to Events, to the applications that ensure irresponsible and immature roleplayers do not also have major server responsibilities and jobs.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it: As I stated previously, janitors can basically be the jack of all trades of physical tasks in a school. The simplest way to describe a janitor would be that they are responsible for cleaning up messes and accidents in their workplace. However, this can also range to handyman work such as fixing plumbing, and electrician work such as fixing lighting, AC, and heating. There are other tasks required of janitors depending on the work environment, such as jobs involving outdoor care from lawn mowing to gardening, and the simple request to cut a student’s jammed lock from their locker. They can also help with construction of per se a new wing in the school and restocking supplies. Overall, despite the constant scoffing at the low-level work of a janitor, no facilities can run smoothly without their care.

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?: I would remain calm, as a student randomly cursing at me says more about the student than it does about me. I would start by asking the student to calm down as cursing is discouraged heavily at KHS, before asking them if they could express their concerns in a more constructed, polite manner. If the student would continue to be immature and rude, I would ask them once again to calm down, before warning the student about informing a higher authority about their immaturity and disrespect, as a janitor is not at the level to punish a student. If this would not discourage the student, I would then report to a higher level member of faculty about the student.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:
Before starting the work, I would ensure two things; that I understood the Principal’s exact instructions, and that I had all the materials needed to adequately complete the job. Once I would begin the job, I would make sure to work carefully using the knowledge I have of the job as well as my own common sense. I would also watch out to make sure that no students or other faculty would be nearby if the job was dangerous for others to be around. Once I would finish the job, I would check to make sure I had done everything properly before continuing on with my day- making sure that everything was as expected and that nothing seems to be rushed or out of order with the job.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?: I would first politely inform the employee of their wrongdoing, because it could be possible they were uninformed. If they know exactly what they are doing, I would state the reasons as to why they should stop. If they refuse and continue on, I would warn the employee that I would be obligated to inform higher level faculty if they wouldn’t stop. After the warning, if they would nevertheless refuse, I would speak to faculty higher than the employee to ensure that they are given consequences to their actions.

[IC section]

Applicant Name: Bradlee Barlow

Chosen Job: Janitor

Motivation for Joining KHS: I would like to join KHS because I enjoyed my time as a student at the school and would now like to give back to the community. I have always wanted a job that allows me to do active work rather than sitting around all day, and being a janitor in my favourite community in Karakura definitely checks these boxes. I also don’t mind interacting with students and staff and can do whatever required of me as I like to always be busy and on the go.

Age (Minimum age is 25): 25

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I have always tried to find something to do, and I believe being a Janitor will offer a new experience for me as I have never had an official employment before. Understandably I have not been given experience, but this is an opportunity for me to show you how hard I’ll work to prove myself. As I’ve stated before, I’m always ready to do a task- I’m always ready to get my hands dirty. I think that my motivation and my willingness to prove myself is what gives me a chance- I can show that I can do just as well as others with more experience.

suneaterchan

Level 105
ACCEPTED
- Your application is beautifully detailed! You show an astounding amount of knowledge regarding your chosen role.
- DM me on Discord, sun#0040, for more information regarding your role!

Users who are viewing this thread