yippee

suneater

Level 90
IGN: Azurih
DATE: 04/04/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Ban transparency!!!!
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I'm sort of piggybacking off of a recent suggestion that was denied with this, but going more in depth with the "not knowing why you were banned" portion of it. Say you're going to log onto your favorite minecraft school roleplay server one day, and you're smacked in the face with "Banned for Malicious behavior" (or plug in any other ban reason really that isn't exactly. . specific). Now what were you banned for specifically? Just being an overall menace? Probably not, there's probably a more specific reason as to why you were banned that just. . was not specified. So you're confused by all this, and you dm the staff member that banned you just to get told "appeal to get the reason" rather than actually being told but that's just outright stupid in my opinion! Tell someone the reason they specifically got banned rather than forcing them to make an appeal to get the reason-- you're appealing to say "hey I didn't do this!" or "I've changed," what's the point of writing an appeal just being like "hey idk why I'm banned lol" when you /should/ be able to easily get that information prior.
1680620837060.png
What are you explaining if you've got no clue as to why you were banned? Just tell the person prior what the specific reason they were banned was.
This goes for other stuff too... please give more transparency with stuff. Especially when certain things will quite literally range from someone being a little too toxic to being a literal *******

++because this will likely be brought up
Of course don't just.. send specific screenshots if it would lead the person banned to the victim. Prioritize the victims safety over all else but you don't need to send the specific screenshots to just be like "x is the specific reason you were banned" Or even better? Just include specifics in the ban itself rather than being vague enough for someone to not know

suneater

Level 90
+ forgot to add but more transparency also helps the people around them. Like it'd be nicer to find out right off the bat rather than finding out months down the line that your friend was a shitty person because specifics were finally given

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for submitting your feedback, however we have decided to deny it.

- The reason why we do this is because if we do tell them via DMs, they're most likely either going to ask for proof (which, in most cases, we can't do for safety reasons), and because they're most likely going to try to convince us to unban them. Moreover, if you have been banned for such a major offense, you should be well aware of what you have done. As an experienced member of the staff team, I can confidently say that 99% of the times someone claims not to have done something, they are either lying or trying to pretend like they didn't know until we show them proof (which again, we can't because we want to keep reporters as safe as possible).
- This system does not mean that the user will have less chances of returning to the community; There is no penalty for trying to appeal a ban if you don't know the exact reason as to why you were removed. However, in most cases, people are aware of what they have done. They simply aren't willing to admit it unless we show them a screenshot of their actions. Due to how common this used to be, we introduced these procedures and guidelines to prevent them from overcomplicating these situations because of something they know they have done.
- If you still have other concerns relating to this suggestion, please refer to KimiNoUso's reply to the following Feedback Post: CLICK HERE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread