Yonio

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
Some warnings from over a year ago, for minor things such as
PG in OOC & Old Meta-Gaming

What is your timezone?:
CET

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:
YonioTheNacho#5112

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):
Private Tutor Application #1 - ACCEPTED
Private Tutor Application #2 - ACCEPTED
School Receptionist Application - ACCEPTED
Teacher Application #1 - ACCEPTED
Council Application on Discord - ACCEPTED
Police Application - ACCEPTED
Staff Application - ACCEPTED
Language Applications (Spanish, German, JSL, French) - ACCEPTED

Describe your activity on the server?:
My current activity on the server can be described as quite active. Considering I'm a member of the SchoolRP Staff Team. I am expected to be as active as possible to fulfill not only my OOC duties as part of the staff team but also In-Character scenarios that my OC would go through. Currently, I am able to hop online for around 2-3 hours on business days, and 5-6 on Weekends, though this may vary depending on my OOC context. When referring to activity, I make sure that it is not only considered as "being online". Being active, from my point of view, is to be online and fulfill the duties that you're assigned with the best possible performance, whether it's OOC, with my Staff position, or IC, with police work or, in the fortunate case that this application is accepted, with council-related activities/duties

List your accounts and roles on this server?:
YonioTheNacho - [44] Police-Detective Lead - Ernesto Martinez
Yonio - [18] Grade 12 - Nishimada Takahiro

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
I am perfectly aware of the consequences of not being active, given the fact that it is a serious matter when being in an In-Character / Out-Of-Character faction. I myself have had to deal with situations regarding inactivity in my own "faction" (Detective Division), which led me to make decisions based on how inactive they were, and whether the reason behind their inactivity was valid or not. Therefore, I will always make sure to be as active as possible and to keep inactivity as minimal as possible.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is student council and what do they do?:

The student council team is a sub-division of the School Representative Team, conformed by students whose attitude and behavior are exemplary. Though most council members have the same authority as each one of them, it must be noted that there are positions of Vice-Head Council & Head-Council, who manage the decisions and work of the council team

As for their duties, they are expected, as I said before, to behave properly and to discourage others to break rules. The methods to do this vary, though what must be kept in mind at all times is that they must enforce school rules regardless of the context. If they see any sort of misbehavior, they should tell them off for it; if they see a school fight, they should try to break it up and proceed with punishment; if they find out that their friend has broken a school rule, they should tell them off for it as well.

Besides this, another main duty of theirs is organizing events or any other special activity that involves members of the high school/college faction. They're commonly known to be the organizers of events like gift-hunting, school dances, etc. The steps they're required to make are somewhat simple, but they must also make sure to follow them as closely as possible, considering that if there's one that fails, the entire event could end up failing and leaving a bad taste in players' mouths. It is even more important when noting that most of SchoolRP's player base remains active thanks to appealing events that are usually organized by council members. If these events fail to fulfill their expectations, the player base would be less motivated to be active, and/or move to other factions. It is, therefore, crucial for them to be able to be proficient in this kind of duty

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):

My direct motive to join was when other council members talked to me about some of the council duties, which caught my attention, considering how I used to be part of it. I was then offered the possibility to apply for the Council Team. Though I was at first doubtful of it, I soon realized that it could be a nice chance to get up to date in the High School/College factions, given the fact that I had been focusing on the GangRP/CopRP aspect of the server. Furthermore, while I was on my alternative account as a Grade-12, I witnessed a massive fight inside the school campus and tried to get a teacher involved. Nonetheless, none seemed to be available, which made me quite frustrated, to be honest. That's when I thought to myself that if I applied for Council, I'd be able to deal with situations like these, considering how I'm sometimes online when others are busy with school, or other duties. In addition, I wanted to go back to the times in which I was able to help the school with events, just like I did some years ago when I applied in 2019, though nostalgia is quite the minor motivation, personally.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
As I said before, one of the main duties of being a council is being able to come up with appealing events for players to engage in. Therefore, creativity is a skill that everyone in the council team should be proficient in. Though I myself must confess that I haven't engaged in School matters for a while, my creative skills are, from my point of view, quite excellent, considering how many of my suggestions made for the police force and even the staff team became real. Furthermore, another feature that I can prove easily is communication and teamwork. In the Karakura Police Department faction, it is necessary for you to communicate and partner up with other officers. Though it is obvious that police work and council work is different, it certainly helps that I've already had a first contact with partner communication.

Can you list the roles in council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:

Council President

Council Vice-President

Council Treasurer

Council Secretary

Councillor

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you.
What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

Firstly, I would go up to them and say something along the lines of "Language", or "Try to keep discussions as civilized as possible", in order to de-escalate the issue. If once I've verbally warned them to stop, they continue to break this same rule, I would repeat this same step with a more serious tone, in an attempt to get their attention. If, after the second attempt, they fail to comply, I would resort to enforcing FearRP by threatening them with detention and/or taking these matters to an SLT member (though I would only do this if these girls have done it in the past). Once they've made to FearRP, I would then walk off (given that it is their first time doing this). After that, if they break any other school rules and I am ICly informed of them, I would send them to detention. Depending on which rule they broke, and how many times they've been to detention before, the duration of detention will range between 2-3 In-Character hours (though they can get out earlier if they make the assignment that they're handed in detention)

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
If this situation were to happen, I would teleport them back, thanks to my staff position, letting them know about the guidelines of FearRP, specifically the point that states that they must comply with your orders if they've been threatened with detention/suspension. If they fail to do it in the following minutes due to OOC arguing, I would force them to stop and call a BTRP (after re-directing them to the FearRP guidelines thread) and, if necessary, take their mask off of their inventory. After that, I would proceed normally through IC punishments such as confiscation of the mask if needed, or detention.

There seems to be a councillor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
Given the case that said councillor is the same rank as me, I would step in to try and take over the situation myself, letting my partner know that they may leave if they wish. Once I've attempted to de-escalate the issue and deal with the student, I would reach up to higher ranks within the council team, preferably Vice-President, President, or the faction lead itself, and let them know about what they did with evidence that has been taken during the incident

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
If this situation were to be given, I would preferably OOCly reach to one of the higher ranks that actively took part in the meeting and ask them whatever information I'm missing. Though it is generally fine if some members fail to catch on to some points, I would apologize for the inconveniences, as it could be avoided if I paid more attention. Nonetheless, I would always make sure to ask instead of remaining quiet, considering how that would be a lack of communication among the team, which is one of the things that must be avoided at all times

A teacher/receptionist has told you or done something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
Though this situation is unlikely, considering how the council team and school faculty members are generally linked together, if this were to happen, I'd take screenshots/medal clips in order to gather evidence of their statement. Once I've done that, I would reach out to the higher-up that stated what was contradicted by the school faculty member, to see who is right and who is wrong. If they fail to give me a valid answer, I would then reach out to the faction lead or other SLT members to get a clear answer. Of course, I would try to do this as soon as possible in order to avoid further conflicts with other players.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):

KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT / HOSPITAL COLLEGE TOUR

This event idea consists of a tour for College students (and/or high school students, if agreed by other faction leads) around the Karakura Police Station. It is a fact that many people wish to see what's inside of it, though only a few get to see some of it, that is, only interns (which are rarely picked). That's why I believe it would be a nice and cool idea to partner up with the Emergency Factions to make a little tour around the inside area of the police department and the hospital. The event would begin with a /event or a /intercom that would state that any College student who wishes to take part in this activity should head to a specific part of the school to make groups. Given the fact that the station itself isn't precisely big enough to fit dozens of students at the same time, we would split all the students into two, one group will first head to the Hospital, and another group will at the same time head to the police station. There, with the help of KPD & EMS intervention, they will see how the life of an average emergency worker is (where they work, what they do, what activities they engage in, etc.) For example, in the case of KPD, they could see what training looks like, and even engage in some minor training scenarios that don't involve too much police equipment. The same goes for those students who go to the Hospital. Once both of them are done with their respective tours, they would then go to the other emergency facility and proceed to do what the other group has gone through. This way, it can make students' experience a bit more engaging and less crowdy. After this last tour is finished, they would be invited to go on a "patrol" with EMS and KPD, which will be split into 3-4 groups, and patrol around commonly visited areas. Some other things can be introduced during these patrols, such as a masked individual, or someone who has broken their leg. Once they are done with these activities, they would return to school and finish their school day

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:

Nishimada Takahiro

Character Gender:
Male

Character Age:
18 (Turning 19)

Character phone-number:
(+81) 850402049

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Nishimada would be the kind of person that you would find in your average College. Though he wouldn't appear as someone who has lots of friends, he's surprisingly friendly and is willing to be as friendly as possible when required. Nonetheless, this wouldn't stop him from being serious when the matters required him to be like that. Let's say, if you step over the line of what could be considered as "funny" and was more "unnecessary" than anything, he wouldn't hesitate to tell you to stop. Despite his height (5'4''), he would try to be as imposing as possible, by using verbal techniques to persuade the opponent that they should comply with what they're saying.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
Though I can't promise that I am not the best student that you've ever qualified for the council team, I can say that choosing me for the student council team would be a wise decision. Not only have I not had any major issues with school staff, but I've also made sure to report any sort of misconduct that has happened inside school grounds to school faculty members or other councillors. Furthermore, I believe that thanks to my communicative skills and cooperation abilities, I'd be able to ensure safety with the help of other council members.

Why do you want this position?:
I'd like to receive this position in order to enforce school rules to the maximum degree. What this means is that I'd like to receive this role in order to systematically encourage people to stop breaking rules, instead of being a simple bystander that can do little to nothing other than reach out to someone else to deal with dangerous matters. Instead of doing this, I'd like to have the authority (and prevent any sort of corruption) to force people to obey school rules without being called a "teacher's dog", with all due respect. By being part of the council team, I would have a whole group of people to back me up when dealing with situations where people can and will be arguing with me in regards to certain situations.

What interests you the most about student council?:
Perhaps one of the most appealing things about the council to me is the ability for them to handle situations despite not being adults. Even if they need to deal with school-related assignments, classes, and other activities, they take their time to actually guide people through the right path, rather than mind their own business and deal with it later. This is precisely what intrigues me, and what also leads me to apply for this "sub-faction" of the school.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
Besides enforcing the rules as any other councillor would do, I would try to encourage people to actually try to follow them instead of breaking them by showing them examples of what can happen to them if they fail to do this. Rather than a threat like "If you don't comply, you'll end up ruining your life" sort of thing, I would instead tell them that not breaking rules isn't that hard, and in the long run, pays off. I would let them know that being called "teacher's dog" or anything like that doesn't necessarily make them a bad person and that they're just saying that to make them feel inferior, precisely because these rule-breakers know that they're wrong. In conclusion, I would encourage more compliant behavior and show the advantages of being a good student.

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Thank you for applying, after a very brief discussion between the council (vice-)presidents we have decided to accept your application! Welcome to the student council! You will receive more information on what's next via discord.

Users who are viewing this thread