Level 10
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

the_twnk_dragon

What is your discord username?
therainbowlemon

Describe your activity on the server:
I currently play atleast 3 - 5 hours daily. Mostly on my professor's character. I love playing an adult.

What is your timezone?:
+5:30GMT

List your current and past applications:
Language Application (accepted)

Lore team application (pending)
Language application (accepted)
Language application (Accepted)
Professor Application (Accepted)
KPD Application (pending)

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
SRP is the first server I have properly RP'd at. Had an interesting learning curve, but I believe I have had a chance to be versatile. I am hoping to be able to increase my experience with this specific role.

What is your motivation for applying?
I like playing adult characters since I am an adult myself. I have a ton of love for animals, so I thought I might be able to do a lot of justice with my new character on this faction, and eventually getting into being a VET.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
Since my interest is in the new faction, I will go based my understanding of general knowledge of hospital work. This will include roleplaying the following scenarios -
  • - Emergencies (i.e. limb loss, broken bones, injuries such as bruises cuts, and other things)
  • - Planned surgeries.
  • - Urgent calls or travel required
  • - Prescribing medication where required.
  • - Health check ups.
  • - Being professional at all times and following all Karakura law.
Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes
Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes (Quota + whatever extra time)
Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes
Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes!

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Katrina Douglas
Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Woman, She/her
Character’s Age (if accepted):
Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Grade 12 - Did her medical training in moscow with wildlife as speciality.
Character’s Nationality:
Russian/Japanese
Character’s Marital Status:
Single
Character’s Religious Denomination:
Athiest
Character’s Spoken Languages:
Japanese, JSL, Russian, Serbian

Backstory (100+ Words)
Katrina was born in Moscow russia, she remembers being in an orphanage forever, and as the hardships of life hit her. She learned how to use her quietness as a shield to protect her from the harsh realities of life and the judgemental gazes of the world.
Despite being quiet, she managed to make friends with the characters of books she read when she spent time in the public library. She developed a close bond with the head librarian and she helped her discover her passion for animals. She found herself reading tons about animal behavior, and decided she wanted to be a veterinary doctor. She wanted to help them because she found animals to be so much more worth her love than the human relationships she had to tolerate back at her orphanage.
Those who did get to know Katrina closely during her education got to know her playful, fun-loving side. She made friends easily, and when she was finally 18 years old, she moved to Karakura to get a change of pace from the cold town of Moscow.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

MD - University of Moscow
Bachelor Of Veterinary Science [BVSc] From - Moscow
DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) from - Moscow

They specialize in domestic animals, however, they have had experiences with wildlife in expeditions to the northern side of Russia.

The reason Katrina chose Veterinary science is due to her love of animals, and wanting to help them at any cost.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Katrina did her residency in Wildlife and Fisheries Management & Conservation at Moscow State University.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, she worked at the state veterinary hospital in Moscow for 1 year before shifting back to Karakura.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
None on top of the degrees and work experience

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Katrina has dark skin, and what makes them unique is their love for childish things and colors. She has maroon streaks on her black hair, and bright blue eyes. She is feminine in her choice of clothing, yet the clothes she wears are unique and extremely unconventional. She also whispers in a low tone as she talks. This is mostly due to her upbringing and also helps her deal with animals as they have sharper hearing, and her voice is soothing to them.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Katrina is very professional on duty and is generally caring and loving towards everyone she interacts with. She is willing to do whatever it takes to get patients the correct medical needs. Off-duty Katrina is carefree and childish. She enjoys her time at the shrine finding peace in its quiet surroundings.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Katrina does well on her own, but since she was raised in an orphanage, she understands the importance of teamwork as well. When needed she can function beautifully in a large team.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Katrina plans to grow into ranks and eventually touch the lives of all animals in the world. She wants to lead the veterinary department eventually and grow it into what it needs to be for better conditions for animals in the city. So ideally she plans to rise through the ranks and become the VET she has always dreamed of being.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
There are two perceptions that people have of Katrina -
  • People who are close to her - Fun, playful, soft-spoken, often childish but has a good heart. Katrina is confident about herself, even though she is soft-spoken. She would like to believe she is a good person.
  • People who have just seen her - Quiet and reserved, seems to work hard, but does not socialize. Katrina thinks these people probably just can't hear her. She knows she is more social, and hopes she gets to change perceptions as she goes.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend to pick players who have been on the server for a while and have a relatively clean history. One way to improve your reputation, and boost your chances of acceptance, is by applying to other factions/community teams.

- When applying for a faction, having detail is one of the best ways to show your interest to the higher-up team. We recommend that you spend more time adding detail to your application if you wish to apply again!

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread