mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Extended areas, and a few more locations

okkanto

Level 5
What's your Minecraft Username?: revcnge
What's the title of your suggestion?: Extended areas, and a few more locations

What's your suggestion?:
Before I get into my suggestion, I am more than aware that the map is slowly undergoing changes and new additions, with the district updates and so on, just as KimiNoUso stated. However, I feel as if it would be a great addition if the tunnels, Toge and Diaoyu, actually led to places. They don't have to be huge, at least nowhere near the size of the main city, but I genuinely think it could be an extremely beneficial addition to SchoolRP, I'll go over why that is in the question below.

For these tunnels, what I have in mind fits in with the official written lore, that being the The Geography of Karakura. Possibly, from Toge tunnel, into the Tsubasa district listed in the link to the post attached above, all listed locations could be made and accessable, as well as more residences, shop spaces for Shopkeepers, and possibly a detatched part of the school under the same education - possibly a cram school, or a smaller school like such. One where players can actually attend and roleplay at, rather than the Elementary school listed in the Geography lore. I also think a new 'docks' location could be really interesting, not only just for possible new jobs, but maybe punishment for community service enforced by KPD, or even crime-related roleplay. Additionally, I think it would be really unique and memorable if the mountains that would surround these extra areas could have mountain parking lots. Despite how simple it seems, it could genuinely be a great area for vehicle-related roleplay, only further engaging players.

With this suggested extension, and with it being fairly small, this would allow room for future additions and locations if seen fit, rather than flooding the main town with more areas. This allows the build team and staff to get more creative, and add anything they would possibly like to add in due time.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
With everything written above in mind, I feel as if this would be 'extremely beneficial' for a handful of reasons. First and foremost, a large increase in roleplay would be seen in these areas from all types of factions, or even the non-faction roleplayers such as CasualRPers, and so on. I also feel like adding new places to go and explore, and roleplay in, would attract more interest from players better than ever before. As of recent, I've seen a *lot* of disengagement from many players, which has ultimately resulted in loss of interest for the server, and even a loss of players. With this improvement, I feel as if people would brighten up a little more, and get involved greater. Furthermore, I feel as if this would be beneficial for staff and community team members - as I said before, this would allow room for future additions and plans, as well as probing more creativity and enjoyment for the builders. This also allows people in the lore team, or other teams, to get more involved and free some interesting ideas they may have had, but not had the capability to write about.

With all in consideration, I understand that this would be an extremely difficult addition, and if it was to be added, wouldn't be made reality for a good amount of time. As a builder myself, I realize and understand that it takes an insane amount of time to create and build on a large-scale project, however I also understand that it can be an enjoyable experience while building something new, something you can drop any and all ideas on and turn them into a reality. I also acknowledge that this would be quite time-consuming, not only just for building, but for planning as well, especially with the already planned changes to the districts mentioned before. However, these should not faulter your judgement on this suggestion, every difficult goal has obsticales, but once they are overcome, it will become a little easier.

Thank you for reading, I hope to hear some insight back!

Last edited:

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
The map currently does not require more space being made. If in the future we manage to use up all the available room while updating every district, a map expansion may be considered. This information can be found here -

ErikFinster

Level 124
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
While I would LOVE to see other places like T.s.u.b.a.s.a. or the C.a.n.a.l.s. or the K.a.r.a.k.u.r.a. A.i.r.p.o.r.t. and all that, we should consider updating the map to the fullest first.

Syukii

Level 10
Huge -1
ASMUCH I would love more to the map. People BAREEELLLYYY use what’s in the map as is unless there’s an event.

MazerBlade

Level 5
MazerBlade
MazerBlade
Omega
Huge -1
ASMUCH I would love more to the map. People BAREEELLLYYY use what’s in the map as is unless there’s an event.
I feel like people do use the map to roleplay all the time, its just that so many people DON'T roleplay to the point where it seems like the map is unused.

okkanto

Level 5
The map currently does not require more space being made. If in the future we manage to use up all the available room while updating every district, a map expansion may be considered.
Thank you for the information! I was unaware of this, and it makes sense of why this hasn't been done sooner. Thank you for the response :)

Mialyansa

Level 64
I believe that certain important places being accessible by using something like a bus(when for example it was used to tp people to places where events took place). There is no need to build the whole island, I believe that It would be detrimental to input that amount of work on the build team.

By just adding tsubasa, the cá,nals and the airport, as individual and separated places would be the best and is actually a very good idea for a massive building update, such as the business district and Ochiba rework were. Yes, it is a big update, however similar updates have been carried out before.

My conclusion is that if the connections between each place are not gonna be seen, there is no need to build them. Making the building team focus in the important places not only makes the update possible but will result in a much more polished and beautiful results. This is probably why past suggestions have been rejected, but the problem would be fixed with that change of mentality. Taking this into account, the update would be almost twice as big as the Ochiba rework was. So, if you are gonna carry this out, take your time.

I have also seen the argument that certain areas in the maintown need to be reworked, however there is always going to be one area which has been left unreworked for too long, in this case, the sewers. And this may seem crazy coming from someone that enjoys exploring the sewers, but push the sewers rework back, I dont care at all about the sewers. I believe that a more rural part of Karakura is much better than that (I REFUSE to consider that the section close to ochiba is rural, that is just forest dawg). The new rural areas have been waiting for like 3 years or more.

PD: I can sense how erik is gonna be jumping of happiness with the idea of a beautiful rural town to do slice of life rp. I also believe Infi and other builders may find this approach much more appealing.

Last edited:

wethecreature

Level 102
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
perhaps removing unnecessary locations (as in areas that are taking up space or add nothing to roleplay (not sure what those would be but hear me out)) in favor of these lore locations which could have rich roleplay and history. For example, areas reached by a bus or, like this suggestion suggests, through a tunnel. I think we would have to keep these small but still adding some other lore locations could be interesting.

okkanto

Level 5
perhaps removing unnecessary locations (as in areas that are taking up space or add nothing to roleplay (not sure what those would be but hear me out)) in favor of these lore locations which could have rich roleplay and history. For example, areas reached by a bus or, like this suggestion suggests, through a tunnel. I think we would have to keep these small but still adding some other lore locations could be interesting.
This is literally what I suggested, aside from removing areas, but thanks for the response!

Last edited:

Hamburger

Level 190
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Rich+
It would like to see more changes in districts and locations, but more areas seems a little extreme.

wethecreature

Level 102
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
This is literally what I suggested, aside from removing areas, but thanks for the response!
yeah, ik I was just saying that removing the locations we don't need would be an amazing way to counter the idea of the map being too large already for more areas

Ecocide

Level 56
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
bigger map means harder to find roleplay, staff had to deal with that problem in the past when their was new map talk going around. While it would be cool to expand the map to get more areas to explore it would risk the quality of roleplay.

Ecocide

Level 56
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
yeah, ik I was just saying that removing the locations we don't need would be an amazing way to counter the idea of the map being too large already for more areas
i think their already doing that with the few map updates thats happening, like with the forest we have new things to explore and do

Users who are viewing this thread