Level 8
Tourning
Tourning
Rich
2-min.png

1-min.png

IGN (In-Game Name):
fauxkyo
(My other accounts include my main, Tourning, and a second alternate, hyakushima.)

What is your discord username?
tourning

Describe your activity on the server:
In the spirit of 2021 Shop Applications, I would rate my activity on the server a decent… 7.5 out of 10, especially as of late. To elaborate, I first became a daily, or near-daily player on this server in late September of 2020, and since then, I’ve accumulated roughly 5,000 hours of playtime across three accounts and I’ve involved myself in many of the facets of roleplay that SchoolRP has to offer, through factions or otherwise. As of current, I log on nearly daily, usually spending multiple hours on the server per log in, even throughout my current, busy college schedule. With that said I'd like to let it be known that I will be as active as I can if accepted for EMS, and would very much do my best to make to make a commitment to it during my hopefully years-long tenure in the faction.
On the whole, I can usually get on at any time on weekdays Monday through Thursdays after 4:00PM EST, and during Fridays through Sundays I can get on usually get on all day, any day barring one-time, random interruptions to my generally very consistent schedule throughout the week. The only timeframe that'd I'd be unavailable to get on for week-to-week outside of school is on Fridays, between roughly 3:35-4:45PM EST.

What is your timezone?:
GMT -05:00 | EST

List your current and past applications:

Mandarin Chinese | ACCEPTED
JSL (for an account I no longer have access to.) | ACCEPTED
Judge | ACCEPTED
Club Leader | ACCEPTED
Jin Chinese | ACCEPTED

List your current roles on the server:

1x Nap Club Club-Leader (College Master's)
1x Role-less College Master’s
1x Adult
2x Grade-12
1x Grade 11

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have quite a storied history with roleplay, especially through the medium of Minecraft. I first started to get into everything back in 2017, where I first logged on to a Hypixel Housing RP, which would, for better or for worse, be the primary means of which I’d experience RP for the next few years. During this said time in 2017, I had also first logged on to SRP, but I wouldn’t become very active until much later on in, as mentioned, late September of 2020.

From this said point in 2020 and onwards, roleplay was, and still is, very much a large, and active part of my life on the internet and in general, and since then the scope of my RP endeavors has only grown, both improving my writing and exploring other avenues of MCRP, and RP in general at times. This period also allowed me to methodically improve in my skills at character writing, and eventually allowing me to explore my own preferences when it comes to writing out roleplaying. As of today, I’m at a level where I can be generally confident in my writing ability in most to all situations, and even still I’m learning more and more about the nuances of character writing and constantly tuning my writing style to improve wherever possible, and to provide an engaging experience to whomever I have the pleasure to be roleplaying with.

I have also involved myself in many of the more ‘advanced’ applications of roleplay on SRP, such as a stint on the Spartan Cheer-Team, where I was almost captain if it weren’t for a microphone issue, and an entire year in the government faction as a Judge, where most of your activity is performed through IC statements and decisions. These, along with many others, such as leading a club where even applications and meetings are handled exclusively ICly, or getting the opportunities to join families renowned for their general roleplay prowess, are just some of the ways that I have steadily familiarized myself with the server’s roleplay environment whilst simultaneously honing my own skills, and I hope that the opportunity of joining the EMS faction will help me not only improve my writing and roleplay, but also to open the doors to many new experiences and further opportunities to facilitate this improvement.

What is your motivation for applying?
My motivation for applying to Hospital Staff is derived from multiple reasons that I’ve slowly accumulated over the last three and a half years, many of the most glaring, and most relevant, are as follows:

For one, and the main reason that I decided to send in this application after all this time, is a plan I have to wrap up, or at least, approach the end of the story of my main, and most prominent character on the server, Ms. Iroha Shimohigashinsono. Now, you’ll soon realize that I’m not applying with Iroha, so whatever do I mean? Well, Iroha is in the midst of a major episode of development at the moment, an episode that involves her finally setting with someone and looking to the future, and particularly, deciding her career, which is that of a doctor specializing in endocrinology. With all of this said, this portion of her life is still in progress, and will take some further, final developments for me to feel comfortable bringing her into the Hospital setting. In short, allowing me this opportunity in EMS will grant me adequate means to further a story that I’ve been looking to situate for a little over half a decade.
Of course, I also have a reason, and want, for picking Dr. Shōko Saiky as my would-be ‘current’ EMS character, and it largely has to do with enriching her, the faction’s, and the Saiky family’s roleplay. You see, for as long as I’ve had this character, I’ve struggled to find an expressed purpose to play her because of, even if I have many pieces of her lore and character decided and written out already. I believe that playing in such a roleplay-talented, and roleplay-dependent faction would do much more than a few favors for her character, as well as those around her, and this is something I have absolutely zero doubts about.
Another thing that I must mention is that I've been seeking something to majorly boost my interest in the server over the last couple of months, my club has been doing this nicely for the past year, and while it still does, I've been itching to try for something new on the server in this period of relative stagnation, and that's why I'm here applying for EMS, which as you'll soon learn, means a lot to me, even if I've never been in it prior. I also intend to, if I am accepted, to make EMS a sort of second home for me on the server at this time in my SRP career, and I fully expect to spend well over an OOC year in the faction, and likely longer actively participating in and interacting with EMS throughout as much of this span as I possibly am able to.
Lastly, and perhaps the oldest reason that I have for wanting to join EMS is the general want to involve myself in the faction ever since the first day I came back to the server in 2020, but it hasn’t been until now that I’ve truly had a reason and a necessary drive to go through with what I’ve wanted for so, so long. Seeing EMS as a sort of end-game faction for me has also only served to bolster my activity on the server throughout all of these years. Seeing certain characters in the faction has also kept me consistently interested, or at least attentive to the faction over the years, some of examples of this could be characters like Zahra Sakurako, Satoshi Tokei, or Taiyo Makino, who have all made some sort of impact on me in some way, shape, or form when it comes to my perception of EMS, and all for the positive, I can guarantee you that much.
To add to this to this last point, I’ve also always been very interested in medicine, and likewise clinical topics OOCly since as long as I can remember, even going to a rather rigorous medical program (that covered both physical and mental health topics) at my highschool that involved me studying pre-medical level content. I adored that opportunity for as long as it lasted, and I’ve been really wanting to apply the knowledge I’ve gained in said course outside of academics since it’s concluded. Naturally, I figured there was simply no other, equally feasible way to do so than through this faction, and for that I’m truly hopeful that I’m granted this opportunity.

Which role are you applying for?
Psychiatrist.

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
What I know of hospital work, both in-game and in real life, is respectable, and at an intermediate level, I’d wager, especially as a relative outsider looking in to both. So here’s what I know about the inner-workings and structure of the Karakura Hospital, starting with the different sorts of positions available, and then I’ll be branching out to some of the more pertinent specifics after that.

DOCTOR

The doctor is perhaps the most quintessential position to the medical field at large. Doctors, at their most general level, serve to assist patients with largely physical ailments, and come to a diagnosis about the patient’s said ailments through check-ups, or further, more rigorous examination if deemed necessary. Doctors can also perform more specialized tasks such as transplants and other surgeries that can help with more grievous bodily harm or illness. While most doctors are general practitioners or internists (internal medicine,) they can also come in many forms through practically endless subspecialties to explore, for instance, cardiology (heart and cardiovascular system), endocrinology (endocrine system), or even something like otorhinolaryngology (head and neck surgery,) try saying that three times fast!

PSYCHIATRIST

Psychiatrists generally act as the mental health experts of the medical field, assessing patients and coming to conclusions about their mental wellbeing, and thereby offering diagnoses and/or accompanying aid to help assist the patient through their troubles. This process can be carried out in a number of ways, such as psychiatric evaluations or any of the large variety of therapies offered to patients.. Psychiatrists, like doctors, can also have subspecialties that they can work under, some examples of these could include CLP (Consultation-liaison Psychiatry,) psychotherapy, or forensic psychiatry.

PARAMEDICS, VETERINARIANS, AND CERTIFICATIONS

Later on in your EMS career in Karakura, you can try and receive a certification for one of two fields, where you can either become a paramedic, or a veterinarian.
The first of the two, paramedicine, is a health profession that largely has to do with emergency based care. This means that you, if you so choose to pursue paramedicine, would be expected to be able to adequately, and skillfully serve as a first responder to any and all medical emergencies that need attending to at a moment’s notice. Secondly, and more recently added was the veterinarian certification, which is a field of medicine that exclusively focuses on animal, non-human patients. Upon receiving the certification, you are expected to be able to adequately, and skillfully assess, treat and operate on animal patients to come to a diagnosis or to do your best to help the patient in whatever, applicable way.

HIERARCHY

Within these aforementioned roles, there is a set hierarchy in place to properly organize the staff and their corresponding, individual experience at the hospital. At the very bottom we have the trainees and residents of both the doctor and psychiatrist departments, which I would personally see as the entry-level, beginner positions of the faction. After that you go onto being a senior resident, and then an attending medical staff, the latter of which seems to be the true medium, or if not, the beginning of one's senior period of your EMS career. At the end of the standard roles, you then have two clinical supervisors per department, and a single clinical lead, which seem to serve as department heads, overseeing and keeping everything and everyone in their department up to date and on their respective tasks.

Beyond this there is the Clinical Manager, which serves as an assistant to the Hospital Director, who is the official ‘leader’ of the hospital, and faction OOCly.

PHARMACY

A large part of helping patients with their conditions, mental or physical, happens here, in the Pharmacy. The pharmacy allows for the hospital’s medical professionals to assess a patient’s well-being, and promptly prescribe applicable medicine or other resources in order to best help their patient. The range and variety of the items provided is expansive, so there’s usually at least something that can help with any given patient’s situation. There are also items that don’t need a prescription, like Cough Syrup, or the Wooden Cane. These sorts of items can be bought up front from the pharmacy.

EMERGENCY CODES

Here are the color-coded emergency codes that at the very least, the United States abides by. The use for these is quite simple, if one of the following events happens within the hospital, then that respective code is rang out to all present medical professionals, and the said event is expected to be dealt with as soon as possible. I’m told that they aren’t used very often in-game, but it’s still a system I’ve heard of before, and thought it’d be nice to learn and include if ever needed.

Code Blue : Cardiac Arrest
Code Red : Fire.
Code Yellow : Missing Patient
Code Green : Evacuation
Code Orange : External disaster
Code Purple : Medical Emergency excluding Cardiac Arrests
Code Pink : Pediatric Emergency
Code Brown : Exposed Hazardous Material/Spill
Code Black : Bomb Threat
Code White : Aggressive individual

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes, I acknowledge that if I am accepted, I am subject to demotion for whatever reason at the higherup’s discretion.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes, I acknowledge that by applying, I am pledging 100% of my dedication to the Hospital Staff role, regardless of current or other planned roles’ responsibilities.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge that if there is training when I am online, I will be fully expected to attend or I will otherwise be punished at the higherup’s discretion.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, I acknowledge that I am not to take things OOCly when dealing with any given training or situation.

3-min.png

SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

My name is Shōko Saiky.

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
I am a Female, and I use the pronouns she/her/they/them.

Character’s Age (if accepted):
I am 43 years old at the time of sending this application in.

Character’s Academic Background:
Two doctorates, the first, a PhD in Library Sciences, and later, a second in Medicine (M.D).

They were both acquired here in Japan, at the University of Tōkyō.

She had also required a Master’s degree in Psychology on the path to her M.D

Character’s Nationality:
I am of Japanese descent.

Character’s Marital Status:
I am single, and I have not divorced.

Character’s Religious Denomination:
I practice Shintoism.

Character’s Spoken Languages:
I can fluently speak both Japanese and Jin Chinese.

Backstory (100+ Words) - 1,723 Words
Shōko Saiky was born in the midst of a particularly rainy afternoon on May 30th, 1980 to Yariama and Sayaka Saiky, and as the youngest sibling of three siblings, with those preceding her being Yugere and Hifume Saiky, who were 6 and 4 years older than her respectively. Her birth in the family designated the title of ‘Princess Saiky’ to her, as a daughter of the House Imperial, one of foremost branches in the Saiky family’s hierarchy at the time. From a very young age, Shōko proved to be quite the curious sort, always asking questions of her parents and siblings, soaking up all of the knowledge she could yet comprehend at her wee age, and this habit would eventually, and quite naturally, lead her to the place that would become her veritable lifeblood for most of her life as of the present day, the library. Any library, really, her family’s, the school’s, or the public’s, it didn’t matter to her, as long as it could temporarily quench her insatiable thirst for knowledge, it’d do nicely. Around this time, she was also generally quite out-going, especially around family and in her schooling at Karakura’s elementary school. Despite this, she wasn’t precisely… universally beloved among her peers at the elementary school, and she was often only this out-going for the purposes of bragging about her extensive catalog of randomly assorted fun facts about just about anything, especially the town’s history and how her family was oh-so crucial in its development. In short, she was just being a pretty insufferable child, as most are, and because of her status and the relatively benign nature of her actions, she got away with it, and generally speaking, pretty unscathed!
It wouldn’t be until about two to three years into her tenure at Karakura High School that things started to mellow out in terms of Shōko’s overbearing fact-sharing and overall superiority complex towards her peers, and while they wouldn’t totally be extinguished by this point, a growing sense of maturity and repeated scoldings from both her parents and siblings surely helped die it down for this portion of her life, and perhaps for good. Around this time, Shōko was also becoming increasingly interested in, and equal parts pressured into joining the high school council, which her immediate family saw as an opportunity to further discipline Shōko for her previously zealous high-and-mighty attitude, and Shōko herself saw it in a slightly more positive, albeit self-serving light, seeing it all as more so of an opportunity to get herself ingratiated with the school’s best and brightest, which at the time, she thought to be the demographic most like-minded to herself. Eventually, after a short application process, she would find herself to be a newly appointed member of the High School Student Council, effective at the start of her 9th grade year. As the summer passed, and the new school year came to be, the hopeful Shōko would soon find herself to be a little out of her element, having trouble adjusting to her newly found responsibility, especially having difficulty dealing with unruly students, this especially had a negative impact on Shōko, leading her to have thoughts of quitting in her debut year of council work. Though, even despite these flaws, she would soon find her own niche, finding herself having exceptional skill in back-end operations of the council, such as documentation, planning events, and strategizing ways to deal with those same unruly types that she had trouble with. These contributions to the council quickly propelled her up the ranks of its de facto hierarchy, soon finding herself to be on track for the Vice-President spot in the spring before her 11th grade year. During this time, Shōko Saiky had become very different from the person she was in elementary school, or even in her early years in high school, she was now much more disciplined and calculated, and had proved herself to be as good of a student as she was a member of the Student Council. As her junior year came, and she was appointed Vice-President, things finally reached their peak for Shōko, she was happy where she was, and had no intention in pursuing the President spot, citing her contentedness for her current position and role within the council, as a diligent, almost mastermind-like figure who made the council the best it could be, and so, she continued doing what she did best, on and on, for the rest of her already storied tenure at Karakura High School.
Once she had graduated from high school, Shōko immediately set her sights on the University of Tōkyō, and inspired by her role within the KHS Student Council, she sought to go as far as she could in informational and library sciences, which she hoped would culminate in a PhD. After eventually being accepted into the university, she wasted no time in progressing her academics with characteristically flying colors. This period, while successful for Shōko, was also quite uneventful, and certainly nowhere near as fulfilling as her days at KHS, but by the time she had truly realized this, she was in the midst of getting her previously oh-so-desired doctorate, so she marched on. As with everything thus far, she inevitably got what she had initially set out to do, a PhD in Library Sciences. Despite her newly-found apprehension towards the subject, she quickly went out to go find a job in the field, and soon found herself researching her father Yariama’s second residence, in Toronto, Canada. She had found an administrative position available at one of the city’s largest libraries and had a very real chance of taking it, but again, apprehension struck. Was she really moving half-way across the world for this? Would it be worth it, and perhaps more importantly, how would she adapt to an environment other than Tōkyō, and her nearby home in Karakura? It was all so much to think about, and she hardly had time to do so, so any judgment, either way, would surely be rushed. In the end, the choice was inevitably made to move to Toronto to pursue her career, and in any case, at least she had some semblance of close family there to accompany her for however long this period of her life may last, which could very well be forever if things swung that away. Her time in Toronto, although isolated, was nothing but peaceful, developing a stable routine for the first half decade of her work, where she very quickly established herself as quite skilled in her work, not that it was terribly surprising to those familiar with her and her work life. Though, after this half decade period, she would receive some news that would very dramatically alter the course of her life, with the effects still very much being felt in the present day. It was her elder sister, Yugere, and she had passed away. Shōko couldn’t believe it, obviously, Yugere was just 37, but she was just coming to accept her life in Toronto, and this sudden news manifested a swirl of thoughts and feelings that eventually culminated in Shōko having something of a mental break after coming to the conclusion that she had just abandoned her family. It was a stupid thing, and not something that should’ve even crossed her mind, but it didn’t take long for Shōko to quit her stable job in Toronto and to move back to Karakura.
Once back in Karakura, and even after attending the funeral of her elder sister to perhaps find some sort of closure… Shōko just sort of began to dwell, secluded, and deathly afraid of ‘abandoning’ any more of her family, as she would’ve likely put it at the time. This period, which would last for around two years, could easily be regarded as the lowest point of her life, her only responsibility, however meager, was sorting and cataloging her own family’s library, but that wasn’t exactly a high maintenance activity, and very rarely was she seen outside of the estate, if ever. It wasn’t until the end of this two year period where she would begrudgingly start taking therapy sessions at the request of her family, who had grown concerned with her hermetic lifestyle and wanted to see her fulfill some greater purpose at this stage of her life, which was, mind you, was only about the ages of 31-33. Her experience with therapy was slow, but seemingly positive at first, with it largely involving efforts to get her more active in every sense of the word. Eventually, this seemed to take a greater, more personal effect on Shōko, and one that seemed to almost inspire her, so much so that she soon re-entered the University of Tōkyō, but this time, with the expressed intention of getting to Psychiatry. She knew that this would very much be a long, arduous path, but throughout the process of choosing to go along with it, and actually progressing her second now second college tenure, she never once wavered like she had with her first go-around. It also seemed as if her skills as a student never quite went away, even now in her early 30s, then mid 30s, and eventually, late 30s and early 40s. Though, in a cruel twist of fate, her elder brother, and last surviving sibling, Hifume Saiky, died tragically just two years before her eventual graduation from medical school, and subsequent finalization of residencies. The news was again, sudden, but even when Shōko, who was in much the same position as she was ten years ago when Yugere had passed away, heard the news, she knew she couldn’t waver now, not after all this time and all she had done to get to this point. If anything, the news emboldened Shōko to push forward and complete her medical education, and at the age of 43, she did so, which leads us to today.
As of now, Shōko lives in Karakura with a new sense of vigor for life and her career that she’s never had before, and she’s doing her best to serve her family well. She believes that getting this position at the hospital will allow her to help those who were in much the same, or similar circumstances she once was before she started pursuing her own career in psychiatry.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY

What is your character’s medical specialty? Why did they choose this focus?

At its core, Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, also known as CLP, and/or Psychosomatic Medicine, is a subspecialty of clinical psychiatry that primarily concerns itself with helping patients who have other, on-going psychiatric, or in some cases, general medical conditions. Consultation-liaison psychiatrists essentially act to help and assist other medical professional’s patients to ease them through the mental toll that their conditions may be taking on their mental health and well-being, as well as to observe and identify the psychological manifestations and signs that appear with any given condition. Again, this information can be used to assist other medical professionals, as a liaison, to potentially help them figure out effective means of treatment where applicable.
As for why Dr. Shōko Saiky decided to venture down this path in particular, it simply piqued her interest more than any other of her available options. Her heart lies in psychiatry, of course, but she’s always had a keen interest in general medicine to couple with that, and she, ever the over-achiever, ultimately figured that CLP would be the most efficient, effective method at exploring both avenues of medical practice. In all, she believes that this specialty is best suited for both her interests and acquired skill set throughout medical school, and being able to perform in this position would very much be an ideal scenario for all potentially involved in her work, colleague, patient, or otherwise.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Shōko Saiky, on her way to her goal of working at the Karakura Hospital, took up a residency at The University of Tōkyō Hospital which lasted for four years, plus another year to go pursue her aforementioned subspecialty, CLP. During this time at her respective residencies, she was known to be, as expected of Shōko, extremely diligent in her time in residency, and found her experiences within them to be not only helpful but eye-opening to what her career would truly be like in the future, and what she found seemed to only embolden her want and passion to continue her career in the psychiatric field. This attitude she gained has yet to wear off, and is greatly looking forward to progressing her career in Karakura if given the opportunity.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
The residencies that she’s taken are yet the only medical positions and real work experiences she’s had in the medical field, as expected of a relative "newcomer" to medicine. Despite this, she’s been preparing rigorously for this position through her studies and these said residencies, and she seeks to prove herself if given the chance at this opportunity in the Hospital of Karakura.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
While she’s been a student for most of her life, even at the age of 43, the residencies and terms at medical school that she's taken are most of the only relevant pieces of education she’s received in the context of the medical field, outside of her aforementioned Master’s degree in Psychology. Though, hey, maybe she could put that Library Sciences doctorate to good use, somehow. …Maybe they could put her in charge of the bookshelf in the waiting room? That'd be nice, wouldn’t it? As just some examples of these less relevant examples of schooling, there was obviously her aforementioned first stint in college, but she was also known to practice and play the 13-string Koto as a child and young adult, reaching quite a sufficient skill level and performing often at recitals or for her family during events.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

image_2024-04-10_203315788.pngimage_2024-04-10_203335453.png

Shōko Saiky's appearance, when put as succinctly as possible, could be described as Japanese academia given flesh and form. She has straight, voluminous raven black hair that reaches the lower-middle of her back, which very much contrasts with her otherwise very pale, east-asian complexion. As is typical for someone of her family, she’s marginally taller than the average Japanese woman, assuming a lanky, spindly build that compliments her choices in clothing, which largely consist of button-up dress shirts and skirts that reach the ankles, and such choices seem to do wonders to further this perceived, academic, almost authoritative nature that seems to follow Shōko at all times. Her glasses also definitely help with that notion, but that’s neither here nor there. In any case, and no matter how she styles herself, she always seemed to carry herself with a certain level of pomp and a certain level of professionalism that exuded this aforementioned, authoritative demeanor, and it's something she holds universally, both in and out of a professional setting.
All of this combined makes me see Shōko Saiky as a unique character in SRP's roleplay sphere, and I’m very, very excited to potentially play her in such a talented roleplay setting as EMS.

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty, she seeks to present herself as the very definition of professionalism, carrying over many of her traits from her off-duty life, but being noticeably more forthcoming, empathetic, and even just a little bit more sociable to others, especially around her would-be patients, who she regards an extraordinarily high respect for. Her attitudes towards her patients can also be pretty easily derived from her own experiences, once often being in her patient's shoes during the lowest lows of her life. Of course, her personality doesn’t do a full 180, she is very much still a generally taciturn, calculated individual, though she does realize the unsuitability for some of these traits to be unsuitable for her position, and adjusts accordingly.
Whilst off-duty, Shōko Saiky presents herself as a stern, and above all, stoic family woman who deeply values her said family and those who are a part of it. She’s known to also be especially quiet in her free time, or at the very least, especially unforthcoming, even if well spoken on the occasion she is speaking. With all of this said, she still holds herself in a remarkably professional manner at all times, and does her best to uphold her own reputation, as well as her family's and in some, individual, likely not very meaningful way, the reputation of the Karakuran citizen.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Generally speaking, Shōko functions at an adequate level in both scenarios, especially since the start of her residencies, but is to be noted that she has historically worked better on her own. To clarify, this by no means that she doesn’t work well on a team, as evidenced by her stint on the Student Council back in high school, or her multiple years of medical school rotations and residency, in fact, she could be considered pretty skilled, but she generally works better alone, or conveniently to her desired position, one on one. This is largely due to the fact that she enjoys organizing and enacting things on her own terms, being very particular with her individual modus operandi, of course, due to her medical training up until this point, she's also become very accustomed to the one-on-one, and even one-on-group settings that often come with the psychiatrist position.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Shōko’s plans for the future, and especially the near future, largely involve pursuing her career in psychiatry until retirement or until external circumstances no longer allow her to continue within her role. Whilst in the faction, she also plans to attempt to make some connections with her colleagues, something she hasn’t necessarily gone out of her way to do for quite a while, having been so caught up in studies, and so secluded from the rest of the town up until recently. She hopes that this potential next step in her life will serve as something that will overall improve her general well-being whilst also being in a position to do the same for others, which is also very much a new thing for her, having often opted instead for more isolated habits and positions in her work life up until now. In all, she simply wants to stop keeping to herself and dismissing others from her life, and seeks to start opening up and offering herself to other's as a friendly face, rather than a stoic, domineering presence looming in other's peripheries.
Another plan she has is to, however arbitrary this may seem to all but her, prove herself to her family, having seen herself as something of a recluse and as a non-contributor to the wider family. She believes that committing to a career such as this will cement some sort of respect for her among her family. Whether this is rational or not is yet to be seen, but this is what she believes, and this is, by extension, just one of the things she seeks to accomplish during her time working at the Karakura Hospital.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themselves?
Shōko, on the whole, is generally perceived as what she is, or more accurately, how she presents herself to others. This essentially boils down to being a dutiful, though potentially stuck up Saiky whose position in the family oh-so-fittingly titles her as ‘Princess.’ All old-money, vaguely spiritual pretentiousness aside, she does fit this description quite well most of the time, though as we discussed earlier, she does branch from this mold during her current, and future work life, and in some ways, in general. At work, she’s generally perceived as, yes, dutiful, but also far, far more personable than she appears off-duty, making an effort to collaborate, listen, and empathize with others in ways uncharacteristic for her otherwise.
How she perceives herself on the other hand, is a… muddied, convoluted thing, unfortunately for her. What I mean by this, in short, is that she very often sees herself as what she once was during earlier periods of her life, an entirely anti-social recluse who has no place among the public for reasons that increasingly put the blame on herself as time goes on. Despite this, she very well knows that she isn’t, and doesn’t fit this description, but all she can seem to do is march on and try to even partially shake the feeling from her system. With all of that said, and on a more positive note, she does believe that her work-life self is a strictly positive thing, and very much seeks to try and follow this, for the lack of a better term, other self, in order to perhaps fulfill herself in her current position more than she otherwise would.

Also, for what it's worth, I was one of the EMS interns in like early December of 2022 ;-)))

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

- In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles.
- You will also need to be online in order to receive an introduction and the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as a Hospital Worker.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread