Level 1
OOC Information (1).png

IGN (In-Game Name):
spxcegrl (The account I’m applying on.)
moonboops (My alt)

What is your discord username?
spxcegrl

Describe your activity on the server:
I am fairly active on the server. I have been part of the community since mid-2021. I’m usually on with friends or to develop lore for my characters. I don’t really have anything at the moment that would interfere with my schedule. I can be on for several hours.

What is your timezone?:
EST

List your current and past applications:

Note: Yes these are from another forum account. I unfortunately lost the password and email to the account and was told by an admin it would be best to make a new one.

List your current roles on the server:
I have no other roles currently on the server.

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I’ve been in roleplaying communities for a few years now. Ranging from school to fantasy roleplay. I mainly started on Discord before joining the Minecraft roleplaying community

Factions: I have been in two factions twice, council and government. During my time in government, I was a judge both times. I joined the faction because it was rather laid back and not as demanding. I could balance it rather easily with my other roleplay interests on the server, for example developing my characters. The way government workers can also make an impact on their communities was another reason why I joined. I was on council twice. My first time I only stayed for a few months and then I left so I had more time on my hands for characters. I only had one account at the time and I couldn’t switch characters. After my first time in government and leaving, I reapplied for council. Council was always an interest of mine or really any faction with leadership responsibilities was an interest of mine. My second time on council, I was on for about a year and a half. Within my first few months of returning to the faction, I was elected as highschool vice president and then moved up to highschool president after being put on a trial. I remained on council for a year and then left because I was getting busy OOCly and couldn’t keep up with the demands. I then reapplied for the government faction because it felt weird for me to not have a role on my account and it was a faction I was already in previously.

GangRP: My first introduction to the server was gangrp. I was in a gang for a few months before it was disbanded. In 2022, I ended up buying another account. Because I was on council, I would use that account for gangrp. I was in another gang that unfortunately didn’t last very long. After that, I applied for the Akihito Clan and got accepted. I was there until it disbanded.

What is your motivation for applying?
First reason I am motivated is because I have never been on EMS before. It's a completely new faction for me to join and I would like to explore what every faction has to offer. I have also thought of joining the faction for a while but wasn’t sure if I would be able to deal with the demands of the faction. Due to having more free time now OOCly, it should be easier for me to handle it. Learning about how different diseases and disorders affect the body has always piqued my interests. The human body is very complex and we still can’t solve some diseases and disorders that affect us. I had taken medical classes in middle and highschool and actually had an interest in going to school for nursing, but that changed.

To align with the role I am applying for, the brain is one of the most complex organs in the body. It's what keeps us alive. It's where our personalities develop. It's the command center and regulates a lot of the bodys’ processes. Like every other organ, it can also get afflicted with disease or disorder. Psychiatry is the study of mental disorders that affect the mind and diseases that affect the brain. Having mental disorders myself, I believe It would help me understand what others go through with their mental health and give them advice from a medical standpoint and from my own experiences OOCly. I love helping others and everyone deserves to be comfortable in their own skin and not be ashamed of having a mental disorder. People with mental disorders deserve to live comfortably in their lives and heal from their mental health.

I am also interested in becoming a veterinarian on the team. This aligns with my career goals OOCly and I am also a certified veterinary assistant OOCly. I received my certification in November. I had classes before interning at a vet clinic for a few months. I have also volunteered at an animal shelter for about a year.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):
Psychiatrist

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
I don’t have too much knowledge but I will list what I do know:

Pharmacy
The pharmacy is a place where patients can buy prescribed and non-prescribed medications and various medical items like an eyepatch. Patients need a valid prescription from hospital staff before they can receive it. Having unprescribed medication is fineable.

Recovery
Recovery is where a patient stays at the hospital for a few days to be monitored. Usually this occurs after surgery or after a major injury, like a broken bone.

Roles

Director

The director oversees all hospital staff and operations. They are responsible for making sure that all staff are following rules and fulfilling their responsibilities. They also hire employees and train staff when needed.

Clinical Leads

There are clinical leads for each department. They oversee the staff and residents in their departments and they make sure everything is running smoothly in their respective departments.

Doctors
Doctors are responsible for treating patients for ailments and can prescribe medications. They may also recommend surgery to patients if they need it. They may also help in monitoring a patient while they recover from surgery. Some doctors can also be certified and trained in surgery and operating on patients. They can also diagnose patients with
diseases or disorders.

Paramedics
Paramedics are staff responsible for going to and picking up patients in distress that otherwise cannot take themselves. They can perform life saving care while on the way to the hospital. They are the first to respond and are critical in making sure a patient gets to the hospital in time.

Surgeons

Surgeons can perform surgery on the body and treat issues within the body that need to be treated with surgery. Either that be amputation, removing something internally or performing a surgery that could change a patients quality of life. They can also perform emergency surgery

Psychiatrists
Psychiatrists can treat patients for mental illnesses and help them live normal lives with their mental illness. They can prescribe medication as well and can offer therapy as well as diagnose patients with mental health disorders. Therapy can include giving the patient coping mechanisms and helping them understand what is going on, along with ways they can stop negative thinking habits in disorders like anxiety disorders. They may also offer group therapy.

Veterinarians

The newest role added to the EMS roster. Veterinarians are responsible for treating animals for disease or disorders. Along with being able to perform surgery on animals, they can also prescribe medication. Along with other members on a veterinary team, they also ensure patient comfort and make sure animals being monitored for medication side effects and post-op complications are comfortable. Veterinarians are also the only staff member on a veterinary team that can administer vaccinations.

Residents

Residents are hospital staff that have just gotten hired and are still in their training period. Once they pass their training period, they are officially a doctor/psychiatrist/surgeon for the hospital and can work on their own without extra supervision or having to be shadowed.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
Yes I do.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
Yes. I know EMS takes a lot of dedication and time.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes as training is very important.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes I do.

IC Information (1).png

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS
Character’s Full Name:

Ganna Zelinski

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Female, she/her

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

Ganna attended the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. She majored in psychology and had a minor in biology. She then earned her PhD in psychology. Along with that, she has a highschool diploma and graduated with honors.

Character’s Nationality:
Ukrainian

Character’s Marital Status:
Single

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Ganna doesn't follow any religions

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Ukrainian, Japanese

Backstory (100+ Words)

Ganna Zelinski was born and raised in Ukraines capital, Kyiv, along with her fraternal twin brother, Vadym. Her parents always pushed her to do her best, especially academically. They believed that the only way she could ever get a good job later down the line was to be successful academically. Throughout middle school, Ganna always strived to her best. Not because she wanted to, but she started to fear she wouldn’t please her parents with her grades. Symona, her mother, was a stay at home mom while her father, Oleksander, was a lawyer. Her mother was somewhat supportive of her daughter, hoping that she would follow her father's footsteps and become a lawyer, though she would come to find that wouldn’t be the case.

Ganna had developed a curiosity for the human body, particularly the brain. Her science classes in middle school had started that interest. The brain. It controls every single function in your body and it's also where your personality develops. Where every single life experience was stored and kept. Having suffered some anxiety in her life, she started doing research about anxiety. Where it stems from in the brain and why we have it. That led her down a rabbit hole of more curiosities and disorders that affect the brain. The brain is so complex and there are still unanswered questions about it. What if Ganna could find the answers to those? In her free time, she’d read scientific journals and studies, even if she didn’t exactly understand the vocabulary and terms just yet. Eventually she expressed her interests to her parents, only to have partial support from her mother and a rather quiet response from her father. The disappointed and unsatisfied look Oleksander gave her only upset her more. But she wanted to prove him wrong. She wanted to prove to him that she didn’t need to be a lawyer to be successful.

Throughout highschool, Ganna strived to do her best. She wanted to get into the best university if she could. Not because of her parents, but for herself. She got good grades on her work, got involved in clubs and her school. All her hard work paid off once she graduated and received her diploma and had honors for all her hard work and successes. Though it only made her parents happy for a little while. Fresh out of highschool, she’d apply for a university in her hometown, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Ganna, excited, told her parents. Only to be met with her father telling her he hoped she was going to law school. To his dismay, she told him what she was going for, only for him to get mad, just like he did at her brother. Telling her she needed to continue the family line, that psychiatry was not a good paying job, that she wouldn’t succeed or survive on the salary. Her mother remained quiet, not saying much, other than that she was happy her daughter was going to university. Ganna, despite this, continued on the path she wanted to go on. About a week later, she got her acceptance letter and packed up, heading out to stay at a dorm. She wasn’t alone though, as her brother was going to the same university. Ganna would major in psychology, something she wanted to do, defying her fathers disapproval. She would go on to do really well and attended a residency program offered by the university and a nearby hospital. She would then go on to graduate with her PhD in psychology, with a speciality in biological psychiatry.

Soon after, Ganna would move to Karakura from Ukraine, along with her twin brother. She had heard the little island had an issue with mental illness cases and thought if she was going to make a big impact, it would be there. She also wanted to get away from her parents and their constant words while they talked down to her.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Biological psychiatry

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Ganna took a 4 year psychiatric residency program before graduating. Most of her training and work was in the psych ward at a hospital near Kyiv. During her program, she often shadowed other psychiatrists and health professionals. Ganna would assist with appointments and general psychiatric care. Not only did she shadow and assist with psychiatric appointments, but in various psychotherapy treatments as well. The rest of her training, due to her speciality, also entailed applying biology to treating mental illness.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
The only experience Ganna has was during her 4 year residency. Most of her experience would lie in her speciality.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?

Ganna has not completed any more schooling past her PhD and her residency program. Though she will pursue additional schooling if she believes it will benefit her greatly.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Ganna has a height of 6’1”, inheriting that height from her father. Her hair is medium brown, wavy, and falls to her lower back and over her shoulders.Though she typically pulls her hair up in a high ponytail. Along with her brown hair, her eyes are an icy blue. Ganna’s facial features are defined, slightly broad and a defined jawline. She was also semi muscular from her efforts to exercise and keep herself healthy.

What I believe makes Ganna unique is that she has a fraternal twin. She’s Ukrainian and I don’t see many Ukrainian characters on SRP. Ganna is also lactose intolerant and that brings some IC challenges for her to face. In my experience I haven’t seen or known a character with lactose intolerance. Ganna also works in the medical field not only because it's an interest of hers, but because she genuinely wants to make an impact on the people she sees and treats. She believes everyone deserves to live a happy and fulfilling life and wants to help those with disorders, live those lives. To her, making an impact is more important than the paycheck she receives.

Her skin
screenshot-1712862314823.png
How does your character act on and off duty?
On-duty, Ganna remains professional and respectful towards all patients and hospital staff. She is also assertive and has a high tolerance to stress and is able to navigate through the stressors and chaos of working in a hospital. She will always uphold hospital protocols and rules, regardless of the circumstances. Even when someone is being disrespectful towards her, she'll remain respectful and professional towards them, even if she feels like yelling at them.

Off-duty, Ganna spends time with her family. She becomes lenient and isn’t as professional when with friends and family. Around citizens or talking to those she doesn’t know, that professionalism remains and regardless of who it is, she always remains respectful. If she were to ever be interviewed by a reporter, she wouldn’t omit any information that the news doesn't need to know or that she isn’t permitted to say. She will uphold the values of the staff at the hospital.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Though Ganna doesn’t mind working with others, she typically prefers working on her own with patients. She feels working with other co-workers may interfere with what she is doing. In general, Ganna does well in group settings and doesn't easily get stressed from the challenges that working with groups bring.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Ganna wants to make an impact on others. She hopes that in the future, that she learns her own studies and work made an impact on her community. She also has an interest in doing research and making discoveries that could help millions globally. She believes that everyone deserves access to mental help and she hopes that one day, she can make it more affordable and accessible to those that need it most.

Ganna wants to also make advancements towards helping those with disorders under her speciality such as schizophrenia. She wants to help find the exact cause of the disorder as well as more effective treatments towards helping those find relief. She also plans on extending her knowledge and furthering her education by taking additional schooling.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Due to her height and stature, some may find her to be intimidating when in actuality, Ganna is very kind and sweet. She genuinely cares for the wellbeing of others. Some may also be intimidated by the fact that she’s a psychiatrist, having a distrust that she may do something that they don't like or try to get them to do something they don’t need to do. Ganna worries that sometimes she may come off as abrasive or thinks her appearance will make people not want to talk to her or come in for treatment. The woman fears that one day she may misdiagnose someone and that could also make her less reputable. She also fears that she doesn’t do enough for others when in actuality, she does. Though, she may not get enough credit for it.

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the faction, we often have to deny good applicants because there are others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to server reputation or due to the detail that was put into their application.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread