Discord Tag:
moon.boops

Do you have a working microphone?:
Yes

Timezone & Country:
EST, USA

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:
I try to be on as much as possible. When I am on, I’m usually on for about 3-5 hours and roleplaying with friends. I do have college and I have externship on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Starting August 8th my times will change and I will be at externship from 11am-5/5:30pm. Every other day in the week is free unless I am doing something with family on the weekends.​

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:
Judge

What is your motivation for applying?:
I was in the faction before and I had fun with it and would like to come back. I recently left council president and was looking to apply for another faction to give myself something else to do on the server. I want to explore other parts of the server that I haven’t yet faction wise. I didn’t really explore the government faction as much as I wanted to in the past, so now here’s my opportunity to experience it. This will also give me more motivation to get on SRP and roleplay. Another reason I am applying is I would like to experience roleplaying with an adult character. Most of my time on SRP has been spent roleplaying as high school characters. I want to experience character developing a character as an adult as I haven't experienced it too often. My main goal is to experience roleplay in every possible way I can achieve before I can no longer play on SRP, whenever that time comes.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
I have read them, however it's been a while since I’ve thoroughly gone over them. I do understand that Karakura's laws and the Constitutional rights of citizens are very important when it comes to making decisions concerning either laws or court cases. Without laws, the city would be in disarray and there would be no order, crime would be higher than it is now, and nothing would get done. Without Constitutional rights, the wrong people could be unfairly punished for a crime they didn't commit. Both the law and rights of citizens must be upheld as there wouldn't be a stable government or city without them.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:
My main goal with this character is character development. I want to develop her political background and advocacy for justice. I also want to develop her as a person overall and her need to stand for what is right. Even if she is just a judge, she will so everything in her power as a government worker to do what is right and to make sure that nothing is violated or broken in court proceedings, that being citizens' rights.

Siobahn is a strong believer in justice and fair rulings. She believes that if someone committed a heinous crime like first degree murder, that they should be sentenced to prison for life, and should not be allowed back into the streets of Karakura to roam free unpunished. Siobahn believes that every criminal and gang member should be prosecuted appropriately for their crimes, regardless if they have a lot of money or if the KPD let them go. She thinks the main problem with high crime rates is that the government and KPD is not doing enough to enforce laws that will keep citizens safe and keep criminals in jail. She also believes that anyone carrying a weapon or that has a mask should be given a background check for previous crimes, and punished if they haven’t yet. Siobahn thinks that if the government and KPD gets on their feet and starts working together more often, that they can get things done and make Karakura a safer place.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:
A judge is someone that presides over court cases. Their job is to listen to evidence presented by the defendant and plaintiff and ask questions regarding the evidence presented and anything deemed appropriate for the case. After the evidence and claims have been presented by both the plaintiff and defendant, along with their lawyers, they are to then make a ruling depending on what they were presented. In criminal cases, they can prosecute and sentence a criminal to prison for the crime, depending on the severity of the crime. They may also assign someone to community service to make up for the crime, especially if it isn’t severe. How someone is prosecuted or sentenced is in the hands of the judges. From what I remember, judges can also authorize warrants for KPD.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
I do acknowledge and understand that I may be removed from the faction at anytime.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, any faction requires that people be active and dedicated.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
I am aware that bias is not allowed OOCly and that everyone should be treated fairly. I understand that this can lead to punishment if this were to ever happen.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
I have read them and understand them.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
As long as it's not on a day that I have externship, yes.

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Full name:

Siobhán Samaire Keeley

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
Ms. Keeley

Current age:

Date of birth:
February 18th, 1983

Academic Degree:
Masters in Criminal Justice

Major(s):
Criminal Law, Sociology

Minor(s):
Political Science

Work experience:
"Growing up, my mother worked as a real estate agent before turning to law school. She then started working as a lawyer after earning her bachelors in law and her Juris Doctor. I wanted to follow in her footsteps, and my interest in how law runs our countries kept growing. Once I graduated highschool, I applied for college and earned my bachelors of science in paralegal studies. I worked as a paralegal for about 3-4 years, often assisting in court cases and helping lawyers. There was one particular case that came in that changed my career path, forever. A man was being charged for murder and the judge sentenced him to prison, even though there was no concrete evidence that he had committed the crime. And then another case, a man accused of a heinous act, then convicted and charged the minimum of what he should’ve been charged. That's when I realized I needed to make the world a better place. I then went back to college and earned my masters in criminal justice while also studying sociology and political science. And then applied to work for Limerick as a judge and worked for 4 years. Then I moved to Karakura. I had heard about the crime rates and injustices from family living on the island and news outlets. I knew I could use my experience and education from Limerick in Karakura. I saw there were applications open so I took the opportunity to apply."

Political background:
"Seeing how many injustices happen in this world, and while I worked as a paralegal, I felt that governments didn’t do enough for their own citizens. Every person deserves to feel safe where they live and not feel like they must leave because their government is not doing enough to keep them safe. I fear for the future generations that live on this island and how they’ll flourish. Most of them will either get themselves involved in gangs or commit a crime before they have graduated highschool, and that is unacceptable. We need to keep these criminals and gangs off the streets and where they belong, behind bars. I believe we need to keep order on this island, and in order to do that, we need laws and government officials that will keep these criminal organizations in check. It is my job to make sure that it does happen and that everyone is prosecuted correctly for their acts. I believe that without a proactive government, this city will continue to fall. We can’t just let these keep happening, we can’t be lenient on prosecutions and sentencing."

Nationality & born location:
Irish. Limerick, Ireland

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, Gaelic

Criminal record:
N/A

What makes you a good candidate for this job?
"I make a good candidate due to my ambitions and goals for Karakura. I am driven by my passion to protect and I will work tirelessly to make the future of this city look bright. I will use my past experience in law to the best of my ability. With my hard work and diligence, we can make these goals a reality. My experience, along with the teamwork from my co-workers, I will make sure that we change things for the better. I am confident in my abilities to lead and make change. I can help make Karakura a better place for not only the government, but the citizens and youth as well."​

Last edited:

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
ACCEPTED

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me on Discord, @Zaldoria to start the process and get you set !

Welcome to the Government Faction !

Users who are viewing this thread