mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Announcement 1.17 Server Update, Scheduled Downtime & More

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORMATION
Myself and the development team have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to prepare our systems for newer versions of Minecraft and we're proud to announce that we have upgraded all of our systems to be compatible with the latest versions of Minecraft; this also means we'll be able to update to future versions almost seamlessly without issues. Many updates for SchoolRP are still planned, if you have anything you'd like to see added, make a feedback post on our forums: https://schoolrp.net/feedback.

Duckings & I will be migrating the server to this version of Minecraft at 10:00AM GMT today (Sunday, 6th of February) and during this time you should expect the server to be down for a short while whilst we safely update all of our systems.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Can I connect on other versions of Minecraft?
Yes! Although we heavily recommend all players switch to 1.17 or above, we will still continue to support lower versions of Minecraft from 1.13 to 1.18.

Will I lose my items?
No, all of your items, money, apartments, etc. are safe.

Why are we updating?
SchoolRP is currently running 1.13.2 Minecraft; a version initially released in 2018. Although this version is somewhat stable, by moving to 1.17 we'll gain access to 200+ blocks as well as new mobs for new Animal Whitelists and plenty of awesome features we otherwise wouldn't have.

When are we updating?
Around 10:00AM GMT, Sunday the 6th of February.

What else is changing?
I'm glad you asked! As expected we'll have tons of brand-new items, features and blocks, but we've also included some other quality of life updates I'm sure you'll all be very pleased with, check them out below:
  • Players will be able to use Hexadecimal colour codes by doing &#<value>, e.g. &#FFFFFF (with Fundraiser or above).
  • Players can now fully action in chat, example: *Action1* Message *Action2* will properly format in chat.
  • Players can now receive languages properly whilst offline.
  • Players can now focus on other players chats by shift right-clicking or typing /focus <username> which will grey-out any non-focused chats, making it easier for you to roleplay.
  • We added the 'Mark all as read' button to phones notifications.
  • We'll have a brand-new fishing plugin which will be somewhat similar to the previous plugin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread