Mircegg

Level 4
Mircegg
Mircegg
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: Mircegg
What's the title of your suggestion?: A mechanic faction

What's your suggestion?:
I have a suggestion regarding the new vehicle update. It would be great to introduce a mechanic job in the game. This would add a fun element to roleplay experiences. Additionally, you could add a feature where cars have a chance of breaking down. If a car does break down, players would have to take it to a mechanic and explain the issue, as there could be a chance of a part not functioning properly. This would add a layer of complexity to the game and make it more engaging.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Players could join more factions, enhancing roleplay enjoyment.

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Neutral
Sounds like a good idea and it would add a new opportunity into roleplaying, but 1) we have a ton of factions already 2) cars breaking down may be hard to code and tons of bugs may occur.

Mircegg

Level 4
Mircegg
Mircegg
Omega+
Neutral
Sounds like a good idea and it would add a new opportunity into roleplaying, but 1) we have a ton of factions already 2) cars breaking down may be hard to code and tons of bugs may occur.
I mean fair enough but we could give it a try you know?

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
As someone whose alias is literally ‘Mechanic’, you know I am gonna be biased on this.

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
As a playable position, yes.
But adding a new faction to it is not necessary.
(Temporarily placed under the jurisdiction of the government faction? Or other city factions?)

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
I don't see this as a needed enough role to put as a whole faction. There's also the big probability that a mechanic won't be online, therefore you won't be able to get your car fixed. This also just sounds like it'd be difficult plugin wise, making it an overall negative.

wethecreature

Level 95
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
As a playable position, yes.
But adding a new faction to it is not necessary.
(Temporarily placed under the jurisdiction of the government faction? Or other city factions?)
this. I like the idea of 1 slot roles where it can be applied for but there is only one or two openings. it gives the possiblity for TONS of roles without needing a whole faction.

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I don't see this as a needed enough role to put as a whole faction. There's also the big probability that a mechanic won't be online, therefore you won't be able to get your car fixed. This also just sounds like it'd be difficult plugin wise, making it an overall negative.
What if we didn't have a plugin for vehicles breaking down, but instead optimised a [Mechanic] role for those who want to roleplay out fixing cars/their cars breaking down? It doesn't have to be a faction either, a role like [Architect] for instance isn't a faction but there are two people who own it.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
What if we didn't have a plugin for vehicles breaking down, but instead optimised a [Mechanic] role for those who want to roleplay out fixing cars/their cars breaking down? It doesn't have to be a faction either, a role like [Architect] for instance isn't a faction but there are two people who own it.
The Architect role is currently occupied by Build Team members that have earned the role, however this can just be roleplayed out by adults by themselves, much like gangs just unofficial. You don't need a role to always be known as something!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
As things are kicking up right now, I'd like to mention that this already exists. No, I don't think we'll be getting actual IN-GAME roles, but there is currently a group who'll be receiving a garage that can take care of maintenance of cars/bikes - just haven't been announced nor' released yet.

robinzee

Level 22
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I like the idea of 1 slot roles where it can be applied for but there is only one or two openings. it gives the possiblity for TONS of roles without needing a whole faction.
The reason why there are a lot of slots in factions, including more "exclusive" ones like Shopkeepers, is so that somebody is bound to bump into one. If there was one, an entire plugin's functionality would rely on this one person, which is not just silly from the perspective of an always-online server, but the person would also have to be quite an Atlas to hold the weight of an entire server's worth of infinitely breaking down cars.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
As things are kicking up right now, I'd like to mention that this already exists. No, I don't think we'll be getting actual IN-GAME roles, but there is currently a group who'll be receiving a garage that can take care of maintenance of cars/bikes - just haven't been announced nor' released yet.
coming back to update on this

It's officially out for anyone who liked the idea! Check out the crime server and go to Karakura Autos to see more information on it (we haven't had the garage built yet but bare with me - the coordinates will be posted when it's done).

tayfun

Level 67
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
you want laohu zhuang to have that tag so bad, dont you

Users who are viewing this thread