mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

A new way to experience roleplay | New laws around roads and vehicles!

TenRP

Level 33
10RP
10RP
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: 10RP
What's the title of your suggestion?: A new way to experience roleplay | New laws around roads and vehicles!

What's your suggestion?:
Thought of something while riding around on my new motorbike I bought from the new auto shop, so. I thought for something new, why not add laws to driving and then KPD can do chases and more with cars/bikes. This would make new experiences with roleplaying for everyone and just make some more of the player base join back in. Thinking about it more, why not add something about how KPD can pull you over if you are going a high speed, endangering other citizens, driving on the wrong side of the road and more? They can fine you yen when you have been pulled over and if finding something on your character or in the car which you shouldn't have like a weapon or just to the likes of being drunk and driving. In some cases, arrest you. What do you think about this?

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Just more of a new experience overall again could please most of the player base in SRP, I know some people might not agree with this suggestion but this just came to the top of my head. Again, this might be hard to adapt to a Minecraft roleplay server but if done, I think it could bring some new ways of enjoyment and excitement to SRP.

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Some of the law ideas you mentioned are already a thing. Go here to inform yourself more of the Karakura laws. Having KPD pull you over for speeding and such can be fun but here’s a question how will they know you’re speeding? I don’t think a speedometer is possible on here, but if it is then it’ll include lots of coding and I’m not sure if the devs want to add that feature. There can also be problems if that feature does get added such as, is the speedometer accurate? It’d also have bugs and just be laggy.

TenRP

Level 33
10RP
10RP
Rich
Some of the law ideas you mentioned are already a thing. Go here to inform yourself more of the Karakura laws. Having KPD pull you over for speeding and such can be fun but here’s a question how will they know you’re speeding? I don’t think a speedometer is possible on here, but if it is then it’ll include lots of coding and I’m not sure if the devs want to add that feature. There can also be problems if that feature does get added such as, is the speedometer accurate? It’d also have bugs and just be laggy.
I do agree with you knowing it would be hard for the devs to add such things; might not even want to add it in the first place. Much appreciated and a thank you for informing me about reading the new laws in place too! Didn't even think of checking it beforehand before making this suggestion. Still, I thought It would be a fun way of something more to do in SRP.

Kurooo__

Level 62
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: 10RP
What's the title of your suggestion?: A new way to experience roleplay | New laws around roads and vehicles!

What's your suggestion?:
Thought of something while riding around on my new motorbike I bought from the new auto shop, so. I thought for something new, why not add laws to driving and then KPD can do chases and more with cars/bikes. This would make new experiences with roleplaying for everyone and just make some more of the player base join back in. Thinking about it more, why not add something about how KPD can pull you over if you are going a high speed, endangering other citizens, driving on the wrong side of the road and more? They can fine you yen when you have been pulled over and if finding something on your character or in the car which you shouldn't have like a weapon or just to the likes of being drunk and driving. In some cases, arrest you. What do you think about this?

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Just more of a new experience overall again could please most of the player base in SRP, I know some people might not agree with this suggestion but this just came to the top of my head. Again, this might be hard to adapt to a Minecraft roleplay server but if done, I think it could bring some new ways of enjoyment and excitement to SRP.
wild didnt they jsut add a speedometer

-kam

Level 71
Already mostly added. if cops see you a suspicious driver they can pull you over and search e.t.c like if ur in a mask or smt
speedometers are hard asf to code so I don't think the devs will want that

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
Already mostly added. if cops see you a suspicious driver they can pull you over and search e.t.c like if ur in a mask or smt
speedometers are hard asf to code so I don't think the devs will want that
There is literally already a speedometer in the car???
I don’t think a speedometer is possible on here
Look in your car...

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer
i mean as in for like cops to measuee. to measure the sleed or a moving object whilst you yhe ****yze4 qee not moving may be hard to do.
You said they were "hard asf to code", I was just pointing out that they were already in the game. The plugin already knows the speed of the car, that is not the issue in adding this.

TenRP

Level 33
10RP
10RP
Rich
You said they were "hard asf to code", I was just pointing out that they were already in the game. The plugin already knows the speed of the car, that is not the issue in adding this.
Did think so, having got a motorbike and seeing that, thinking around if we could have more roleplay opportunities.

Reximix

Level 4
Reximix
Reximix
Notable+
Driving a car in SRP can be very difficult to manage with high speeds (especially with lag). Sometimes I find myself driving along the road perfectly fine but then 2 seconds later, somehow I've crashed RIGHT into KPD. I would imagine speeding is difficult to monitor in a Minecraft server environment. Roleplay opportunities such car chases would be very fun, but this is something I see as rare or it would take OOC collaboration with a KPD member to fully experience.

I do agree however that vehicles should have more of a roleplay presence just like with the update introducing the gas station. How about driving licenses? Perhaps before one can lawfully drive a motor vehicle around Karakura, they must first apply for a driving license similar to a height application? With this incorporated, perhaps drivers will think twice before pulling out their car and first check their inventory to see if their driving license is present. This also encourages KPD officers to pull over cars that seem like they're illegally driving; demanding to see their driving license before sending them off on their way.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Whilst this could be quite interesting for a handful of racers and police officers, most players wouldn't be taking part in this type of roleplay. Generally speaking, police can tow vehicles should you break existing laws, however new ones for speed limits, running a red light, etc. won't be added sadly.​

Users who are viewing this thread