players online

[ACCEPTED] urangus' professor application

ItzAngii

Level 5
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
urangus

How old are you?: 16

Do you have any previous bans?: A few minor ones, all from 2018. I can't remember what the specifics are, but I have certainly learned my lesson.

What Country are you from?: US (EST)

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Yes; urangus#8827

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, that is completely understandable. If, at any point, I feel I will not be able to teach as much as planned, I will leave an inactivity notice in the discord to keep everybody informed.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: I first joined in early 2017, and that's when I started to become an active member of the community. Since then, I applied for NQT (accepted, a few months) and then moved up to being a college professor (accepted, for almost a year). After that, I quit because I had to prioritize school. My activity was on and off for months until I came back and taught again for a few more months. Eventually, I had to resign once more because of personal reasons. Once again, activity on SRP was on and off. I spent more time building for servers, Roleplay Hub now included. I now have the time and would like to spend it RPing as a teacher. My activity on the forums correlates with my activity on the server.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

In terms of language applications, I have applied for Korean on urangus (accepted), as well as Korean and Italian on my alt, saltysprinkles (both accepted).

I first applied for teacher over the summer of 2017 (accepted), but I am unable to find the post itself on the forums

I cannot link my professor application as it was in DMs with WiffyBanter, but it was accepted

I applied for English NQT again in 2018 (accepted): https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/urangus-english-teacher-application.14095/

Last month, I applied for high school MFL teacher, which was accepted. I understand keeping a job for only a month may reflect poorly on my integrity, but I can assure you that I am both experienced and motivated to become a professor again. Teaching at the high school level wasn't as I remembered it.

MFL app: https://schoolrp.net/threads/urangus-italian-teacher-application.23067/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?: I've done it before. Back in late 2017 through mid 2018, I was a professor. I remember being what felt like the only active one teaching at the college (aside from the dean, which doesn't count, sorry). The college has slowly been revived after the time of my resignation, and it's been really nice to watch. Since my return around a two months ago, I knew I wanted to get back into teaching. It gave me something to do, really. Being an UE Adult is fun and all, until you see the school gates open and everyone except you and maybe two other people rush in. The new OOC rule pertaining to being in the school during school hours has done wonders for the attendance, and I would love to be able to teach a college class again, and maybe this time, more than three people will show up.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: Plenty. It all started when I joined SRP for the first time, and since then I’ve also experimented with Discord RP. However, I wasn’t a fan and have returned to SRP since.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Every time a teacher hosts a class, they have to give a brief description of what they did. It is important as it gives the other staff an insight into who's actually teaching & active.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Some brief rules may include, but are not limited to:

-Respect the faculty and your peers; be a good example for the school and also for the other students.

-Refrain from the use of cellphones unless told otherwise; they're simply an unneccesary distraction.

-No eating unless given permission.

-Foul language is never acceptable. It reflects poorly on yourself and the school as a whole.

-No talking during class (unless told otherwise). You're here to learn, not have side conversations. It's distracting and disrespectful. However, as I'm hoping to teach MFL, this rule may be flexible in my classroom.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): I have never roleplayed before this server. As previously stated, I have sufficient experience roleplaying as a high school teacher and professor on my main account, along with experience as a high school student on both of my accounts.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
The professors are the teachers of the college. They host classes for the college students, who are (hopefully) more mature than the high school kids, and ready for a higher-level class. They earn approx. 300,000 yen monthly, with an additional 50,000 yen for every 5 classes on top of that. So, 15 classes is 300k, 20 is 350k, etc..

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

My character who will be taking this role is named Juliette Bloom. She has been both a teacher and a professor before and would have long hair that she frequently dyes, a skinny build, and is just under 5". When it comes to her morals, she treats everyone equally, and is very kind-hearted. She may come off as timid, but she isn’t afraid to voice her opinion, especially when it comes to her students. This can cover this from bullying, to peer-pressure, to any sort of discrimination. She sees every student equally and as an opportunity to help our world. She treats her coworkers as her friends, but with respect. She is never rude to them. Throughout school, she was known as a very good student, and since she graduated, she's wanted to come back and help share her knowledge with others. She became an English teacher straight out of college, and since then a college professor, which was her dream for as long as she could remember. Because of some family matters back in America, she had to leave. Once that was sorted, she was able to take her job as an English teacher back for a few months. However, the family matters returned. She needed a break once they were taken care of, and knowing she couldn’t teach in the condition she was in, she visited some family in Europe. She picked up Italian and attended a small community college in Venice, advancing her education even more. She is ready to return to Karakura, but this time, she doesn’t want to go back to teaching English. This is her fresh start.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
First off, I would ask them why they're yelling in the first place. If they were simply causing trouble, I would lecture them on some of the building's rules, which should be common knowledge. If they still didn't listen, I would write up their names and hand them off to the dean/another official.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
I get everyone's attention, possibly by clapping my hands or talking a bit louder, and tell them why they should be listening. I tell them how important the class is, and then continue on with the class after. If they still don't listen, I would take further measures to insure that my class is cooperating.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me claps her hands together, attempting to gather the class's attention

/me would pull out a stack of marked papers from her desk drawer, and begin handing them to the students; one by one. as she reached some of the students, she'd congratulate them on their excellent achievement by saying "wonderful work, [their name].

/me picks up the piece of white chalk, and would begin writing her assignment guidelines on the chalkboard.

/me would hand [student] a detention slip after taking his phone away. she would tell him he is not allowed to use his cell phone in her classroom and that he can get it back at the end of the day.

/me collects the students' homework assignments, and pile them up on her desk. as she did that, she would also collect the names of the students who didn't do it.

Backstory

This is a few months old, but its the most recently-updated copy (going to update it soon, storyline is a mess atm)
https://schoolrp.net/index.php?thre...ated-biography-as-of-9-3-18.14421/#post-45910

takes place after backstory in attached biography:
Experience as an English NQT & College Prof.; She then found a job at the local high school. She was now an English teacher, and loved every moment of it. The students, the atmosphere... she even had a boyfriend, Franklin Edge. While they were together, they laughed a lot, but Juliette also ended up breaking her wrist. A student verbally assaulted both her and Mr. Edge, and it soon evolved into a fist fight. When she tried pushing him away from her, he slammed her against a wall, making her wrist bend the wrong way- breaking it. This was when Juliette realized how careful she had to be in the town she now lived in. Around a month after this, their relationship came to an end. Not because of a fight or anything, either. Mr. Edge had died of cancer. This left Juliette heartbroken, triggering some of her old memories. But, to cope with this and help her distract herself, she quit her job and applied to work for a local community college. And soon after, she was accepted. She was now Professor Bloom, and 26 years old. She would now teach Education, and the occasional cooking classes. She had settled down once more, and would do the same thing practically every day. Until one day, when suspicious looking students walked in. She had never seen them before, they weren't the normal kids she'd see every day. Soon after she started giving instructions, she would find herself screaming for help and dialing 9-1-1. The students she wouldn't expect coming into her classroom were now running it- after they picked Juliette up, and threw her out the door. She ended up spraining her knee pretty bad, and fracturing her wrist once more. However, she didn't let this set her back. She never saw those kids again, and continued teaching college classes even after settling down in a new town- Karakura. Soon after, she would meet yet another romantic interest. They dated for a few months, and she got the chance to be a motherly figure towards his daughter, Chloe Knights. After all of that, she ended up quitting her job. She returned to America, where she'd stay for a while- with family she hasn't seen in a decade. Recently, she returned to Karakura, searching for a teaching role, which she was only able to keep for a few months. Many family issues and a plane ticket to Italy later, she attended a small community college in Venice. Juliette’s Italian was near-fluent and she discovered that she loved the language relatively quickly. This was her opportunity at, yet another, fresh start. Bloom had an affinity for teaching, so why not combine it with her new-found passion--Italian?

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Juliette Venditti
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Julie, Juliette
Preferred Name: Professor/Miss Venditti (with students), Juliette (with teachers and other adults), Julie (close friends, family)

Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: It's complicated

Nationality: Italian/English
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): around 6
Working Experience (# of years): around 10 on and off; worked through college

Academic Degree: Master's in ELA, Italian

Year of Graduation: 20something (hardly any concept of time in SRP)
Major(s): ELA, Italian (MFL)
Minors: Art

Native Languages: Italian
Other Languages: Korean, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: no
Preferred Teaching Subject: MFL

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): nope
Do you have any questions?: none

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
ACCEPTED

- Loved the application, I am very happy to see you back. I am sure you'll enjoy being a professor once more, well at least I hope.

DM me on Discord for further instructions​

Users who are viewing this thread