ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
What's your Minecraft Username?: DeyeetMe
What's the title of your suggestion?: Add a way to cancel an append

What's your suggestion?:
It would be beneficial to have a way to cancel appends.
What I mean is, when you've already sent the first part of your appended message, there could be a command you could do to 'delete' it. If you have done multiple appends, the command could just cancel all the appends you've already sent.

Why? Because sometimes you might be writing a really long action, maybe with multiple appends, and suddenly someone joins into the RP, making your original action not make sense. (think faculty intervening with a fight etc.) As far as I know, the only way to cancel an append is to relog, which may not always be desirable (due to poor internet connection or other reasons), or to just send the unfinished action anyway and ask people in /looc to ignore it, which is.. kind of wack.

There's also times when you accidentally use /me instead of /mec and wish to redo your append for that reason - especially if you're doing RP in the hospital, it's generally preferred to use /mec during busier times so you don't flood other people's RPs. Same with doing /me when you meant to do /it etc... There's probably more examples that I can't come up with.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It's a small and not at all urgent issue, but I think it would be beneficial, especially if the RP requires you to react quickly.

meg0cci

Level 16
Community Team
Builder
Visqiu
Visqiu
Notable
+1
Just PLEASE This will be very helpful, especially when you write something you shouldn't have written or make any mistakes in wordings. And it will make everything faster instead of relogging and stuff like that.

ThatBurningFox

Level 7
ThatBurningFox
ThatBurningFox
Omega+
+1

Not much needs to be said on this front, I've ran into situations where I've had a juicy action typed out and then... ...boom! No longer very applicable. It's EXTREMELY awkward (and also frankly can induce anxiety LMAO) and having an option to cancel that isn't just reconnecting would be VERY appreciated!

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1

please i stuffed up an append roleplaying with ppl and i wanted to log off delete the server my discord my forums acc and never rejoin ITS SO EMBARASSING

The FJ

Level 94
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
unnecessary addition, just send a dot or an ellipse. If that isn't good enough, also send an looc message letting them know why it's there.

arianas

Level 3
liberiandoll
liberiandoll
Notable
unnecessary addition, just send a dot or an ellipse. If that isn't good enough, also send an looc message letting them know why it's there.
+1
definitely helps save embarrassment, i do think its also tedious to explain or go back and delete an entire action or if you appended on accident which messes up an entire action

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
+1

As someone detailrps, this would be helpful
Not saying like ONE or TWO appends, sometimes I do 4 to 7 /mes with 3 appends and sometimes, it gets all scrambled or messy, a small preview before you send it would be great and all with a lil confirm or cancel button. Ofc, being an enabled thing if they want to or not since I do know how tedious that sounds.

Iris.fi

Level 33
IrisFi
IrisFi
Rich
+1 pleasepleasepleasepaleasplepaelp this would literally make my life so much freaking easier

adding onto this i am ems i hate writing an append and then they say smth or do smth that would make it make no sense hwatsoever so liek please and dont make it rank limited kiminouso please dont make it rank lmited DO NOT

Last edited:

SimplyLK

Level 67
SimplyLK
SimplyLK
Rich+
+1
This is not a problem I tend to come across, however I am not in specific fields of Roleplay that would require these types of situations. I can see how this recommendation could be useful even for the casual user. So long as you have access to appending. Thinking about this in a business, they might be able to limit it to a specific rank as well, however as a player of the server, I would prefer the command to be open for anyone with the ability to append.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

Users who are viewing this thread