cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: 9/19/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Add AI bots for roles like Teachers, Police, and EMS when no real players are online. Like imagine if AI could act and move just like real players so we could still roleplay even if no humans around. I mean I don't know if it's even possible, but it would be so dope if it was. But like developers gotta be careful cause it might bring a lot of bugs but it's worth it trust me!
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It'll keep the server alive 24/7. If done right, they will feel like real players, and would be awesome cause there'd always be someone online to roleplay with no matter the timezone and we wouldn't even notice the difference. Plus think about it if the server had this super cool AI, maybe it could get viral or it could even make it to the news!

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I think this or something similar to this was suggested in the past. How we have your systems for School faculty / EMS / KPD / Just about every faction, there are forms and formats that we have to follow in our respective discords/channels that are, a lot of the time, mandatory for us do. If you think there are no members of a certain faction online at the time when you are, think about applying for said faction, if spots are open! Us, within factions, have lives outside of the video block game we play, so we cannot be online 25/8 and active.

Along with this, it limits roleplay between two people if you throw in an AI bot/system into the mix. If you throw in an AI, they will have very bland emotions and not be exciting or fun at all. And with how the server is with the different personalities and quirks everyone's characters have, the AI won't be able to handle situations properly.

Mialyansa

Level 58
-1 an ai would be too good at the job that it would make the KPD/EMS players obsolete making erasing the roleplay experience. We need to have more players not more robots and in some cases require more activity from certain factions. An NPC does a more balanced job than an ai would do in some cases. AI would also maje the lore making more difficult because the admins could not be able to control it always by arresting memebers (KPD)/or giving a long recovery(EMS) that could be important in some events.

Baubled

Level 6
Baubled
Baubled
Rich
I agree with that AI can break and that it can affect Roleplay greatly, but I also want to add.. Imagine what would happen if the bots ‘forget’ a rule or if all those rules we have to follow aren’t given to the ai… including faction specific rules.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Alright hear me out on this, I think the specific implementation they're suggesting is a terrible idea, but the concept is actually pretty cool; instead of making AI for important roles, what if we just made random NPCs around Karakura that had AI generated dialogue? Imagine some deranged homeless man in the sewers who rambles on about absolutely nothing at all, or a fisherman by the pier who tells stories of his great adventures on the sea- For a mostly useless diversion on the server, I think it'd be pretty fun.

Do I think this will happen? No. Do I think it would unironically be pretty cool? 100%.

Last edited:

SIMPL3Z

Level 95
Community Team
Lore Team

Can we just talk about how much training and developing of the AI this needs? I mean it's purely impractical. AI needs to be trained through certain methods depending on it's enevitable end goal which can takes weeks if not months to finally get a decent grip, if you do not run a program which lets the AI practice 24/7 and reset once an error is made.

I'm not too familiar with all this technical stuff myself but I know implimenting an AI as a teacher would really just be placing down an NPC in a classroom that just sends dialouge every minute or so. But then again this takes away the aspect of people not being able to be sent out, let out or get detention during classes. Meaning it'd probably turn into a big shit show in the end

For cops and ems, just no?
With EMS you can already skipRP most stuff that happens when no EMS is online, so it's not even really needed. And AI inplace of KPD? most you could probably achieve is being able to bail someone out. Cause I can see no universe in which we'd have active KPD AI running around tasing gangRP'ers and arresting them.

Far too much work for little to no issue.

elliot<3

Level 58
st4rl0v3r
st4rl0v3r
Omega+
-1, already stated in other msg's.

Alright hear me out on this, I think the specific implementation they're suggesting is a terrible idea, but the concept is actually pretty cool; what if instead of making AI for important roles, what if we just made random NPCs around Karakura that had AI generated dialogue? Imagine some deranged homeless man in the sewers who rambles on about absolutely nothing at all, or a fisherman by the pier who tells stories of his great adventures on the sea- For a mostly useless diversion on the server, I think it'd be pretty fun.

Do I think this will happen? No. Do I think it would unironically be pretty cool? 100%.
But this, +1. I want to talk to the deranged homeless man.

HiMyNamesAaron

Level 14
HiMyNamesAaron
HiMyNamesAaron
Omega+
-1, I think this would require WAY too much work, especially considering the fact that the developers are probably already putting in a lot of work for other things as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread