mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allow Event Team to use /event

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Don't fight club already have access to shop opening announcements?
i mean to me being able to post them myself. me and event team both only have access to asking a staff member to do the command for us and it takes ages most times.

cho0ii

Level 172
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
i mean to me being able to post them myself. me and event team both only have access to asking a staff member to do the command for us and it takes ages most times.
Shouldn't it be for like all businesses then and event Team cuz it's be hella annoying to wait for ages for staff to post it

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Shouldn't it be for like all businesses then and event Team cuz it's be hella annoying to wait for ages for staff to post it
Yes, all crime businesses should be allowed to either post /events or be given shopkeeper tag to post store openings.

les

Level 4
htce
htce
Rich+
+1
I would love to be able to open the ice cream parlour without having to make tickets constantly, sometimes I can’t even open because staff are busy and can’t send the advert.
Flash events too :)

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
This sounds like a wonderful idea! Wont need to bug staff for events and stuff! +1

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Yes, all crime businesses should be allowed to either post /events or be given shopkeeper tag to post store openings.
Maybe given their own tag to show that they are a crime business owner?

DarkEclipic

Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1
Don't see why not, more opportunities for a large roleplay event between all factions!

More RP = Meeting new people, Win/Win in my book

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
bruh they dont even let me (fight club owner) use /event

so yes and give it to crime businesses too
i do not think anyone outside of event team / staff should have access to it, kind of for the reasons hebwig said above

alternatively though, i saw that you mentioned like.. having shopkeeper tag to do the command they use, maybe a command given for crime such as the commands teachers/professors, shopkeepers & reporters have specific 2 the crime faction.... but tehn again it just may be easier to get shopkeeper tag lol (im just assuming that those commands all those roles have, have filters n can be found in chat log.. and stuff..... but i dont completely know)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
i do not think anyone outside of event team / staff should have access to it, kind of for the reasons hebwig said above

alternatively though, i saw that you mentioned like.. having shopkeeper tag to do the command they use, maybe a command given for crime such as the commands teachers/professors, shopkeepers & reporters have specific 2 the crime faction.... but tehn again it just may be easier to get shopkeeper tag lol (im just assuming that those commands all those roles have, have filters n can be found in chat log.. and stuff..... but i dont completely know)
you'd be giving it to a total of 3? bmds (the ones who own these businesses). it's a more exclusive rank then event team so I don't really get your point

as for the shopkeeper thing. yeah it would be so easy i dont know why its not just a thing already

cho0ii

Level 172
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Wait- that's completely confused me so like for example this is telling me La Casa nostra is a crime business? Confusing..

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Although we do trust our event team, who's to say that they won't mis-use it if they leave the team but still have the role on? /event's are server-wide and even staff can sometimes commit errors when typing them

I'd personally suggest a different approach. Maybe we could have a plugin where event team members can request a /event that needs to be approved by an Admin+, sort of like creative requests for builders

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
I'd personally suggest a different approach. Maybe we could have a plugin where event team members can request a /event that needs to be approved by an Admin+, sort of like creative requests for builders
this is an okaay.. idea but i think it would probably be just as effective as shooting an admin or SA a dm, event team members would still have to wait for it to be posted / approved by a staff member so i dont think something like that would need 2 be added

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
this is an okaay.. idea but i think it would probably be just as effective as shooting an admin or SA a dm, event team members would still have to wait for it to be posted / approved by a staff member so i dont think something like that would need 2 be added
you have no idea how effective /creativerequest is compared to DMing a Senior admin, they co-link it with a discord channel which allows S.A's to approve them at any point in time, even offline

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
you have no idea how effective /creativerequest is compared to DMing a Senior admin, they co-link it with a discord channel which allows S.A's to approve them at any point in time, even offline
i had no idea /creativerequest was a thing 2 be complete honest o_o so thank u for telling me about that

but yeah if it was set up similar to that then i’d be waving a giant flag in support for /eventrequest as long as staff would be as attentive to it as the would for creative requests or anything…. like that

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Although we do trust our event team, who's to say that they won't mis-use it if they leave the team but still have the role on? /event's are server-wide and even staff can sometimes commit errors when typing them

I don't see what the real issue is -- an /event is very similar to a /advert with the only difference being a what -- 12 minute timer? And we have a maximum of I believe 20 shops?

A solution to this is just giving an /event a timer limit (with admins being able to bypass timers like they can with /ooc and other commands) and it should be all good... right? Would that be a good middle grounds for you? (Rather then creating a new plugin that is like /creativerequest) I think that would be a better usage of our resources whilst achieving a good middleground no?

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I don't see what the real issue is -- an /event is very similar to a /advert with the only difference being a what -- 12 minute timer? And we have a maximum of I believe 20 shops?

A solution to this is just giving an /event a timer limit (with admins being able to bypass timers like they can with /ooc and other commands) and it should be all good... right? Would that be a good middle grounds for you? (Rather then creating a new plugin that is like /creativerequest) I think that would be a better usage of our resources whilst achieving a good middleground no?
the problem is, event allows you to completely change the entire format, you have complete creative freedom, advert is used for a single purpose

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
the problem is, event allows you to completely change the entire format, you have complete creative freedom, advert is used for a single purpose
I'm confused.. in what way? The last time I used an advert (like 5 months ago...?) you could do paste anything in there. What has changed?

Also, I think the twelve minute timer should still give ample time to remove a person trolling on /events.. It'd also be super rare that somebody trolls on events... Like when was the last time somebody got banned for trolling an /advert? Like a good two years at least. (before whatever change your referring to)

Users who are viewing this thread