Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I'm confused.. in what way? The last time I used an advert (like 5 months ago...?) you could do paste anything in there. What has changed?

Also, I think the twelve minute timer should still give ample time to remove a person trolling on /events.. It'd also be super rare that somebody trolls on events... Like when was the last time somebody got banned for trolling an /advert? Like a good two years at least. (before whatever change your referring to)
Advert has a format: [Advert] (username) RPname "Advert"

The /event command is ANYTHING you put in.

someone could go "[!] You suddenly feel like you're dying" or something, suddenly we have to explain to everyone that it was not a planned event and we get told to control our event team whole when it was in fact the negligence of that one person.

I support adding a approval system because it lets us moderate that easier and we can intercept trollish messages that could be used to effect an entire player base event wise

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich

someone could go "[!] You suddenly feel like you're dying" or something, suddenly we have to explain to everyone that it was not a planned event and we get told to control our event team whole when it was in fact the negligence of that one person.

I support adding a approval system because it lets us moderate that easier and we can intercept trollish messages that could be used to effect an entire player base event wise
Yes I also support a approval system (anything is better then what we have right now)

tobbby

Level 276
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich
@hebwig
@Cencres

perhaps since giving such an official permission is frightening ( and thats fair ) , you’d have to earn it? Like go up the ranks as you do with Moderator and Admin and SA. The coordinator would have it and then.. perhaps a few event-leaders? (im not sure how many peopke are on the team so bear with me numbers wise…)

Earning these commands as mods and admins do might make the range of players with the command more trustworthy.

hebwig

Level 111
I'd personally suggest a different approach. Maybe we could have a plugin where event team members can request a /event that needs to be approved by an Admin+, sort of like creative requests for builders

this is the best solution, /creativerequest is super helpful and it could be the same with some kind of /eventrequest :-D

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
i really would like this & i don't mind having this added but do note that we'd probably have some kind of wipe on the event team because of it. it'd be awesome to have more frequent flash events & other people to help out during major events.....i want to have higher hopes for this kind of thing but i hope you understand where my concerns come from & why it's not ideal at this very moment. i fw the points of giving event team more freedoms and that they need resources.....hope you consider what i say
personally, I'd apply just to do /event balls and then leave

Cencres

Level 11
Although we do trust our event team, who's to say that they won't mis-use it if they leave the team but still have the role on? /event's are server-wide and even staff can sometimes commit errors when typing them

I'd personally suggest a different approach. Maybe we could have a plugin where event team members can request a /event that needs to be approved by an Admin+, sort of like creative requests for builders
I don't know if you've ran events before but .. they are much more chaotic when it's player based things like flash events
While it may be faster to get an approval system, to me it's not fast enough. For builders they're able to wait, it's not really urgent while setting up a flash event, and having to wait to start it is different. (Mind you, flash events always need multiple /events.) An event team member can never guarantee the EXACT time they need one posted unless it's the first /event. But what do you do if an admin or SA doesn't see it soon enough? You keep doing the event with no script? What if there's a /event that's supposed to be slapped in the middle of it and no SA or admins can see it in time? Are you just left there?

What I suggest would be similar to the shop plugin, if you're worried about errors or mis-use. (Staff have made so many errors too, even with my own written /events. I don't think errors is a big problem.)
Some sort of plugin that already has a format like [EVENT] there, where you type whatever needs to be there for the /event. I don't think a cooldown would work just because there's no telling how many /events you might need for an event, but it's a more secure way for players to understand whether it's a mis-used event.
Anyway, staff can leave the team and still mess around with their role in-game too. And they have way more permissions. I've seen this firsthand, WiffyBanter did that lol...have more faith in your community teams

Cencres

Level 11
Yes, all crime businesses should be allowed to either post /events or be given shopkeeper tag to post store openings.
Can you stay on topic or create your own thread in feedback
Half of the discourse here is about your suggestion, I don't want it to be looped into my feedback because it's completely unrelated

serenityi

Level 3
serenityi
serenityi
Rich
+1

It would save a lot of time having the command be accessible to event team members.

I see the concern with allowing Event Team members to have access to a server-wide command with essentially no cooldown and how easily that could be abused, but in my opinion, why have people on the team if you don't trust them with the responsibility in the first place. If someone was to abuse the command, they should be punished accordingly. Current event team members such as myself, and @Cencres have literally moderated the first event server event waaaay back when with access to literally the same commands as the current staff at the time and it went pretty smoothly.

It was the event server, but I'm just using it as an example to show that we could be trusted, especially with /event. As someone has said previously, School faculty/shop owners have access to a similar command, so I don't see why we couldn't have access to something along those lines. Even if it was just something implemented solely for people with the E.T role to use. The only obvious problem is trusting Event Team members to not abuse the fact that there is no cooldown.

Demurity

Level 35
if event team members leave and want to misuse it then just ban them man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's usually the case when CT members leak or ruin something

Ruin

Level 103
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I cant lie there’s an application process for a reason and you could easily tell whos there to troll n' whos there to do the tasks of an event team member seriously
+
theres a reason y the event team leader / coordinator exists

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
+1

Sophia demurity makes a great point. But why make someone a community member if they can't be trusted? they are suppose to be the face of SRP just as staff is and they cant be trusted to do their job? then why have them?

I understand the concerns as someone who was staff, but again they are community team and therefore those that should be trusted to do a job they were given. Just as any Mod or Player, they still have to get permission to even do so. If its abused, ban the player and remove the role.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
+1

Sophia demurity makes a great point. But why make someone a community member if they can't be trusted? they are suppose to be the face of SRP just as staff is and they cant be trusted to do their job? then why have them?

I understand the concerns as someone who was staff, but again they are community team and therefore those that should be trusted to do a job they were given. Just as any Mod or Player, they still have to get permission to even do so. If its abused, ban the player and remove the role.
Ok

serenityi

Level 3
serenityi
serenityi
Rich
Although we do trust our event team, who's to say that they won't mis-use it if they leave the team but still have the role on? /event's are server-wide and even staff can sometimes commit errors when typing them

If they were to misuse it when they leave the team, they'd get in trouble for it. Same goes for staff, its a risk you take every time you accept someone onto the staff team. Shopkeepers and news reporters all have access to some sort of server-wide announcement, they could abuse it just as easily as any E.T member. In the end it literally just depends on the amount of trust you put into community members.

As for this, and having full creative freedom over it (and the ability to troll) We don't do events without getting them approved by heb in the first place, same would go for /event. It would make since you would still double-check with a higher-up to make sure your /event was appropriate before posting it yourself. Plus, I don't think any of the current event team members would do anything of the sorts as we're all basically aware of how it should be properly formatted. Even if someone is not, a list of do's and don'ts will clear that up. Why would someone who committed their time and effort into an event team application, who was also deemed fit for the role by heb, do it all just to inevitably troll on a /event? Doesn't seem likely, and is a very big what-ifs.

I don't disagree with the idea of adding an approval system, but it all just comes back full circle in the end, I just personally trust that event members understand the responsibilities of having access to the command and consequences that come with abusing it. Having access to /event is just convenient, and allows us to do what we're supposed to do as event team members more freely. Because as of now, we just mainly do event-related things behind the scenes which is fun, but I wish we had a little more responsibility.

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
+1

okay.. here it comes. my full and honest opinion after a few hours to think on it.

yes, literally yes!!!!!!! event team members should be jsut as trusted as staff team members are.... they are on the community team 4 god sakes!!! they should b able to use them for approved flash events / just events in general that they host!!!!! so that they can do THEIR JOB AS EVENT TEAM ! WOOOO

just remove people who troll

also i guess the like,.. /eventrequest thing would still suffice but. just simply giving them access 2 /event would make it a whole lot easier!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread