mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Allow players to change their ages freely.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: Lernaean
DATE: 25th November 2021
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow players to change their ages via a age command, like how one can on FRP (SRP has a LOT to learn from it's younger sister server.). Options of ages would be anything from 14-21, with any age above that having to be earned via graduating college exams. This would keep adult age exclusive; whilst allowing for players to have more personal freedom on the server as well as keeping the majority of our playerbase within the SchoolRP "theme" we have going.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Players aren't free to age themselves, unless they place a lot of time into it, one has to wait 3 months (at bare minimum, considering exams are not a guarantee, even if you pass in terms of the marking process.) This is a bad thing. Reaching an age you want has been made intentionally hard for no real reason apart from the theme; in which my prior comments (only allowing you to age up to 21, with adult rank being obtainable after graduating the next exam.) This is a really easily slam dunk for pleasing the playerbase since this has been a much requested feature since about 2018. It would make me and a lot of the player base very happy to have this personal freedom to decide our own characters age. Again, I have to point out that this would only work for ages 14-21, this is to allow for SRP to still be a SchoolRP.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
+1
The worst thing about it is it isn't even SchoolRP anymore and staff have yet to realize it, which is a good thing because limiting the server to one theme only can cause the player base to drop like flies.

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
+1/-1

While this seems like a good idea and will limit the fact that you have to actually request to have your age changed, I do think this could and most likely would be abused. Staff are swamped with a lot of things to do and removing this could be beneficial to them, but it also doesn't seem like it would be as useful to add as other things may. SRP is not FRP.

Buying things such as Alcohol and Cigarettes are a 20+ item, meaning if you can change your age, people will most likely be changing their age to 20 or 21 so that they can buy such items before aging back down to their original age. It completely voids the use of age restriction for certain items which, in turn, takes away some of the realism of the server. It's hard to monitor if this is being abused, especially since we can't keep track of everyone's ages and it's just more work to see if they are actually abusing this system.

Maybe limit it to age 14-18 and not include ages that require college exams already. Therefore, no one can really abuse this system in the way I've described above. It is still SchoolRP though, and I feel if you can suddenly all get adult accounts from passing a singular exam, it takes away everything about it being SchoolRP and not just . . CityRP.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
You can simply ask an admin+ to change your age between 13-18 by opening a ticket or making a role request. College will continue to be exclusive for those who pass the exams.

pashy

Level 183

I know many people would want this and so do I but I think this can be... Problematic? Every age have different rules for it and like flowersak mentioned above it will create some unnecessary abuse

And if age 21 was accessible freely then many highschoolers would of take it... AND... THAT'S NOT GOOD BECAUSE I WANT TO TEACH PEOPLE?

suneaterchan

Level 105
There are a handful of benefits that come with reaching a certain age that would become useless if this was ever implemented. Being able to purchase 20+ items legally, access to the Spartan Household & it’s amenities, and the ability to progress through the college exams to reach the adult role are a few of them. In other words, the magic would be lost if you could set yourself to that whenever.

Between grades 8 and 12, you can have a staff member set you there easily. The reason I don’t think this will become a thing for players to do themselves is solely the abuse of it, however they may find a way to do it—whether it’s utilized for avoiding a roleplay situation or just flat out FailRP.

This is essentially the same thing that Maria said but I wanted to give a bit more of an explanation as to why it wouldn’t work with SRP’s playerbase. It’s a common theme, while you said there is a lot to learn from FantasyRP, bare in mind not everything that they do and have is going to work with SchoolRP. Not only do they have two entirely different genres, but they have two different playerbases and demographics.

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
-1 If thats the case bro it would be crazy seeing people being a few years old to all of a sudden getting younger or jusmping from like 19-21 wouldnt be realistic since theres gonna be switching from old to young and back to old

HATOLA

Level 270
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
You can simply ask an admin+ to change your age between 13-18 by opening a ticket or making a role request. College will continue to be exclusive for those who pass the exams.
it won't be easier for u as an admin if they will be able to change it between 14-18?

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+

Gotta agree with Maria and Sun on this one. It's just easier to contact an admin for the age change (or use the
forums). All of the administrators are active and I'm sure you'll be able to get the change within the same day that you requested it as long as you request it properly (Using a ticket, the forums, etc.)

Demurity

Level 35
it won't be easier for u as an admin if they will be able to change it between 14-18?

It's a command that takes a few seconds. Sure, it might traffic tickets less but for all of the reasons above this isn't a worthwhile convenience for SRP's playerbase.

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I'd say allow them freely change from 14-18 and apply for 20-21 and need to apply for jobs for above because college exams don't really make sense for various reasons already.

flowersak

Level 120
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
In most countries, you need certain grades/achievements to get into college or further education. I'm pretty sure most colleges in Japan have entrance exams. Applying for 20-21 still undermines a lot of the college exclusive things that suneaterchan explained.

Users who are viewing this thread