mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Animal Rules!

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
IGN: Oliverium (and some animal alts including a bear - FlamingToo)
DATE: 4/8/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Add an additional [Animal] category to /rules!
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
As many people know, so many people don't roleplay their characters (humans and animals alike) correctly in many situations. Perms obtained by animals are unclear, fearRP is ignored, and so many innocent bears are shot because they naturally retaliate when being harassed! So, I'd like to suggest adding clearer animal-related rules to /rules. This is what I've found to be our guide and it's pretty outdated and lacks in solid information ( https://schoolrp.net/animal-whitelist/ ). People and animals alike are confused about many things and transfer information by word of mouth which can be wrong or misheard.
Animals need their own section in /rules to include information such as:
- Character Creation: Add some classic mannerisms each animal possesses towards other animals and people (bears = aggressive, fox = shy, etc.). Age limits and role amounts can also be added here too.
- Perms: How to gain minors and majors as an animal, and how to realistically act on those majors. Word of mouth states 3 bear growls = majors which I've also heard was not a thing (anymore?). Also heard if people enter the bear cave it just auto-majors even though I haven't seen it written down anywhere.
- Animal related rules for humans - such as adding rules surrounding FailRP and how not to act (like trying to tame bears). When logging on as a bear, there's a chat message that mentioned not being able to tame wild bears, why not add that as a rule for humans too? So many people approach bears to toss some fish at them to I guess "tame" them. IRL, bears would charge but SRP has perms so what exactly would happen? Clear perms would be useful for animals and humans.
I may be missing some but ultimately this suggestion will be left for server staff. With this being added, there could be less FailRP incidents and people can roleplay out their animals correctly. AnimalRP is so much fun but sometimes can be stressful when people lack understanding and failRP.

KotaLobo

Level 42
Community Team
Lore Team
KotaLobo
KotaLobo
Omega+
+1 || Having actual rules written out for roleplaying an animal is VERY helpful. Just like it works with our human characters, it would work with animal characters. I'm saying this as an old BirdRP and BearRPer xx

.Arkkwolf

Level 41
Community Team
Lore Team
Arkkwolf
Arkkwolf
Notable+
+1 WE have all at one time or another experienced either someone failrping around bears, or a animal whitelist user failrping their animal to unrealistic standards. A clear set of rules would prevent this. It would also make animal whitelist users (like myself) able to refer to these rules and not accidently break rules, considering its hard to know what is and IS NOT allowed without clear boundaries in place. We all know what is "realistic" to SRP standard varies and can be confusing sometimes.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1

These rules need to be clarified in the official rules document. Currently people with whitelists are getting away with making up their own rules.

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
+1
After what I’ve seen yesterday with people and bears there needs to be rules. I watched people throw stuff and anger the bears and refused to run away when the bears got angry. It’s not on and I think it’ll make it easier on the animals but also the players to have these rules so they’re aware.

Aftris

Level 3
entr_pic
entr_pic
Notable
+1
something that 100% needs to happen. animals need more clarification on rules. pretty confusing at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread