satan_miu

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm quite active on the server, although my total activity may vary. But I do my best to get in 1-2 hours a day, and that can go up to 5-7 if I am interacting with someone or participating in roleplaying with others, which happens a lot. Since I am a Judge and a Maiden, I am somewhat considered more active than others. In general, I want to keep being in factions and roleplaying. However, I have missed being near Faculty as a Professor, mostly since I haven't been in there for a while as I felt burnt out as a Professor, mostly since students were lacking, this was when exams were little and people in return had no hope of exams coming back, hence seeing no point on going into classes in their eyes. Generally speaking, even in small interactions between characters, I enjoy and love interactions and character development. That's the reason I am active. Roleplaying allows me to explore lore, interact with others, and develop characters, it drives me to see different views of things and keep partaking as a person.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
Any language applications of mine won't be included for the sake of clutter

What are your current roles on the server?:
College - Bachelors
Adult
Judge
Maiden

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Art

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Honestly, my motivation mostly is to get back to some sort of school role, this time as a teacher, as I missed it long ago as a professor from the interactions overall with the hectic chaos that always came from it. Mostly from the high schoolers as I often dealt with them in the past regardless of being a Professor in the past. Previously, my goals were more focused on character development. Instead of focusing only on classes and how many to host, I did miss interacting with SRP players; therefore, my current aim is to engage with the faculty and students as a whole. I want high school kids to enjoy themselves without feeling confined in any way to only SRP classes via lectures which feels boring, sitting there and reading a chat.

I want to give the option to SRP players of their character growth through interaction with teachers, as I did know how it felt to ask for lore or character development-related things from faculty, mostly teachers. I would like to allow SRP players to engage with faculty members in general through small interactions from my classrooms with small 'field trips' to different faculty areas, with their consent to it of course, so they wouldn't feel too bored sitting around, this can change to any employee or working with other teachers/professors for new possible classes which can open many possibilities. Strangely enough, chaos of students ultimately what I crave. To be honest, what I miss is the school faction as a whole overall; everyone was so friendly and chatty!

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
Yes, I fully understand.

If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I fully understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs are similar to Professor’s (I am assuming from the last time I was a Professor), they log the classes you have done so it can add up to your quotas, enough quotas and it can show how active you were and what to add to your paycheck, before the plug-in you’d have to log it in (via ss) and state how much students were there. Class logs are essential to understand how active teachers are for any promotions too as they show how active a teacher is and again, for the money they have earned and deserve.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Of course, there’s rules against harming others, bullying, and things related to such things. Most of everything depends on acting in class when hosted as there'll be talks of personal safety, how to act in class, etc.

1. Be respectful
Respect is something important, she rather have them respect their classmates, treat them kindly. This role covers both behavior towards one another and Shio as a person and the person teaching them.

2. Listening to announcements within the class
THIS is the most important thing, this is to avoid any issues that may need students to stay locked in or be evacuating the building. If the students aren’t paying attention, they may get left behind or not know what’s going on in a serious situation. This involves any future field trips to avoid students getting lost from the group regardless of what she had said beforehand to pay attention.

3. Attention
Following through, attention somewhat correlates but this also upholds in short lectures in classes and following instructions. Although may think it’s something to not be concerned of IF it’s just an art class but it’s something to hold closely to for any short pop-quizzes or filling the requirements of the said assignment that is a must to do within class

4. Not talking while the teacher is talking
This goes hand-in-hand with Attention, however this is more lecture based as Shio often prefers students talking and conversing with their own comfortability when working on their projects, and assignments.

5. Respect the studio
This means that students should take responsibility for their own things, appropriately dispose of waste, and participate in cleaning and organizing tasks as needed in order to maintain a tidy and organized classroom. Since Shio does Art, this is something she keeps high regards to at 4-5 minutes before the class is over. This includes putting things away where students found their choosing of art supplies.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Well, I have been EMS and Professor Faction in the past, Professor two times but currently don't want to go back due to the lack of college students going at the time, skipping, and overall de-motivating for any classes to be done since I knew that it’ll be something disregarded and reused for another class where there’s not a lot of students in a class overall. With this, I somewhat have an in-hand of how teachers are from how I used to talk to old-ish or old-er teachers in the past, minus claiming periods to basically host classes as Teachers had similar ways of quotas, even before the plugin as it was easier taking a screenshot of your class.

I know the side of student roleplaying and how it may be as a College Bachelors as-well, but I am slowly expanding my roleplay out as I am currently in Shrine Faction, have been since August 30th and recently for Government Faction which was in late November. In general, roleplaying experience have been extended for a while as I started out with chat-rps then to Minecraft Server Rps when it was 6 years ago, slightly recently-ish with SRP though I have been on spotty due to lack of motivation back then.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head Department
↳ Description: A teacher with an HD role is one who is charge of a full department. This role is very important and one to not be taken lightly as a character with this role will need to have good morals, behavior, and be active, including dedication to their job. They can help train/answer questions new teachers may have to assist them to the best of their abilities, usually someone UT or NQT in their department they go to if it concerns the department, light enough to not ask SLT. HD can help assist in classes via supervising when a Teacher/Professor ask!

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Qualified Teachers have gone through their training, have shown their worth, have made each quote, and proven they deserve this role. These are the second highest rank in each department, usually they don't have supervision but surprise visits are somewhat wanted depending on the SLT/HD who wants to spectate. Qualified Teachers have a base-pay of 400,000 yen

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teachers
↳ Description: This role shows that they finished their training, usually required a bit of supervision and aid when hosting any classes but not as often as a UT. They start with a base-pay of 350,000 yen.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is kind of self-explanatory, they're 'fresh meat' or 'baby teachers' in basic understanding as this is where they all start out. They require both training and supervision when hosting classes as they're considered on a trial period to decide if they're a good fit within teaching. They may be seen spectating classes while taking-in information on how they should host their class or roaming around campus to 'patrol'.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Wages
Their base wage may vary depending on their role, with a maximum of 500k yen allowed in their paycheck. NQTs begin with a basic salary of 350k after finishing ten courses. QTs receive 400k in base pay after finishing ten classes. Additionally, teachers will receive an additional 50,000 for each additional class they host after meeting the minimum quota, up to the maximum amount. Having said that, teachers are only allowed to hold four classes on an out-of-character day. In four-period classes, the class must last the entire class time, barring OOC problems with the internet or SRP crashing.

Spare Time
In their spare time, it may depend, if it’s on school grounds they often ‘patrol’ or chat with students, each teacher is different! Although they are teachers and must remain on school property just like students. They are strictly forbidden from doing particular things such as hurting someone. There is some extent of them not being required (in recovery) from what I know of in the past, however, this probably changed from the last I checked. Teachers keep an eye on and assess each student's development! This involves evaluating students' knowledge and abilities utilizing a variety of educational resources. This covers assignments, tests, essays, and quizzes.

Teachers utilize the time for any type of test/assignment results to determine whether or not their students understand the topic and to identify any areas that still require attention. Students can monitor their learning progress and identify areas in which they might require support.

Overall, Teachers also interact with other students while not hosted, depending on how they may choose to, as a Professor I would always spend my time interacting, getting to know students, and overall patrolling while not hosting a class, this sometimes went into the extent of knowing other Professors, Teachers, along with the faculty. So, I'd assume that's what they do during their spare time, at least from how I see it.

Teacher's Purpose & Job
Teachers serve as role models for the students, and one of their main objectives is to actively mentor them whether it's in class or not as they are somewhat considered role models to the High School students, this can include College but it's mostly High School. Teachers have a beneficial influence on the students they teach because they can provide guidance and encouragement to help them realize their potential and accomplish any goals they may have.

Teachers should support said students and be there to listen to any issues that they may be having that go beyond academics, such as personal issues like bullying or anything else that is upsetting them that could be linked to the student being harmed at the end. A teacher's job is to instruct the students and make learning enjoyable for those who desire to attend and participate in class! While some of them play games, others engage in faculty-led classes that ensure everyone is having a good time. Usually, the main 'purpose' is to give the students something to do during their four OOC hours on school grounds.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Whether it's having fun in the classroom, interacting with others, or even getting coursework done before college exams, teachers are there to support students in achieving their goals. Without teachers, SchoolRP would simply consist of kids aimlessly wandering around the campus with no idea what to do, making the campus feel less lively in general with no teachers hosting classes.

Because of how engaging and enjoyable their classes can be and because they may not want to attend College and stick to HS as a player, teachers have played a significant role in why the majority of high school students choose to stay in the area they are or grind classes so they can get into college. Teachers practically also make sure detentions are given to students who may misbehave; this can’t be leaned on to just faculty, as most prefer doing their shifts, teachers, as most would be hosting, or even professors, as they’re usually at college classes or even hosting their class.

From the standpoint of someone who’s mostly doing it for lore and roleplay, it gives people who have the same ideals interacting with teachers who are open to such things and would be able to with teachers if they wanted to, hence their importance as people sometimes prefer building up their character lore-wise with the teacher(s) that are open to it, having more open doors for people who desire such things rather than a 'robot' who lectures in classes.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW system. If I am incorrect, I am willing to learn the lesson planning system throughout training or per question to people who are more well-versed in the faction upon UT.

Character Information

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?

Appearance

Shio would be standing at a height of 5’6, the female would seem petite and pale, which hinted at her having a slim body type with her hints of Albinism being shown to others. She'd have pink hair that was fading of pigmentation, as if the ends were losing color with her roots being newly “colored” with the ends not being touched. Shio would have light blue-gray eyes that seemed gentle to people in front of her. She'd have freckles across her face and body overall, scattered yet unnoticed.

sssssmoew.png
1704269267195.png
Art made by me!

Personality
Shio usually show a calm and composed demeanor to people who have been in her day-to-day life overall, coming from family to friends a like as she often shows friendliness and kindness to everyone she meets, that is unless they pressed the wrong buttons too many times as her irritation shows after warning them she didn’t enjoy such a thing. Shio is someone who is always seen extending a hand to those in need, being empathetic to them with their personal struggles. Although she is introverted in her personal life to where she’d be surrounded by people she doesn’t know, she tries to form deep and meaningful bonds, connections to those who take the time to learn who she is as a person.

As a teacher, Shio has a long-feeling of responsibility and need for dedication for what she does regardless of her subject. She wants to focus on one’s well being and growth as a person as she views students as their own people, they cannot be taught the same way as everyone else as they all learn differently. With this in mind, Shio is almost always patient and understanding of their learning struggles and overall wants to let them grow in their own way, even if it seems pointless to the student who shows no growth. Shio wants to create a nurturing environment that encourages their creativity and own potential overall. She, for the most part, wants to make a student-centric philosophy. She doesn’t just aim to impact knowledge, but to foster personal growth down the line for them and grow as a person.[/SPOILER]

Outlook - On Coworkers
Shio’s outlook with co-workers is something neutral, she views them as people that can collaborate with her and be supportive with each-other. She values team-work as she feels like working with each other can up the educational experience, something students find fun instead of feeling bored out of their mind, feeling as if they need to overall sit and listen to lectures. All of the time, Shio is open to sharing ideas and collaborating with them as communicating ideas and trying to pin-point what to do next would be the most important thing as a teacher. Creating a positive and uplifting atmosphere with others is what she enjoys the most, as she feels like being approachable and giving a helping hand is something to keep uplifted regardless. Communication is something she takes personally as it would be something to be serious about, regardless of how others may see it for the most part, since it can impact one’s life in a positive way instead of doing nothing at all.[/SPOILER]

Outlook - On Students
She had an understanding of the assistance and education as someone who grew up in a lower-class, a class that was middle but somewhat struggled with medical expenses. She decided to become a teacher due to being motivated to spend their time with her to tutor and teacher, someone who was able to teach her slowly, to where it even progress her faster than other teachers would as they were a major influence to her high-school years which had reached to college. When she had noticed similarities in life where people need help as well. It made her see the brighter sides of life and education overall. Since making art was something that had helped her relaxed and vent her emotions silently which was something beautiful at the end, her goal was to become an art teacher with an ideal of teaching students on how to teach students, more into educational wise to the ones who wants to learn but not too taxing to the ones who want to do it for a hobby, for fun. Shio wants them to express themselves as a person of their own accord.

Shio for the most part intends to create a warm, and supportive environment where children would be faced with different challenges in life so they can grow educationally and emotionally. A way to let them show their emotions through paintings, drawings, or other forms of art as she feels like it is a good way to let emotions out. Her personal experiences overall throughout the education of her life had made her be aware of possible challenges students may face that are affecting them physically or emotionally overall.

Future/Outlook - On Education
She hopes to work in educational means that embrace diversity. Outside of the classroom, she aspires to advance accessibility in education by supporting others that make it easier for students to accomplish their goals if it's educational wise or their own small benefits for the long term. She believes that everyone should have equal opportunities to thrive and be successful. She believes that every child can achieve and reach their greatest potential. She seeks out inclusive teaching strategies and resources to ensure that every student's unique needs are met.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Shi would approach the miscreants as soon as she attracted their attention with her firm but polite voice. "Excuse me?" she would inquire. When she got their attention, she would explain why it was unacceptable for them to swear and curse, as well as the possible repercussions if they continued, which might include being placed in detention. claiming that they represent the school as a whole, serve as role models for younger students, and set an example for good behavior. If she catches them doing it again, they'd get detention as it was despite her warning.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Shi would give the cue to settle down by stopping chatting and turning her attention to the students while maintaining eye contact which would be awkwardly long which usually makes others stop talking. If that didn't work, Shi would start ringing a hand bell that would be loud enough to get their full attention. When they stopped, she would begin to explain why it was improper for them to not listen, primarily when she was going to state the assignment to the students. She would warn them politely that this was against one of her classroom rules and that they would have plenty of opportunity to chat later in the class period, not in the middle of the lecture.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Shi is a quiet individual who often takes out her hearing aids to escape loud noises. Despite this, she is generally talkative and welcoming to faculty members. She is often seen planning lessons, marking grades, or taking a break after a long period of loud students. Just like how students need breaks, for Shi it's the same way as she wants to get her thoughts on the right track with limiting distractions.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
shifted her sleeves before she slowly stood up when the bell ringed, signaling children to come to class. Her soft expression turned into smiling as she waved to the fellow students, having a welcoming demeanor to them in open arms, "Gooddd morrrning everyone! I hope you had breakfast!" she'd state in a chipper tone, walking in front of her desk so the students would have a good view of her speaking. She started to place herself leaning against the desk as she tilted her head once the students sat down, there would be a moment of a pause as she placed her hand onto her cheek. "Take a seat! How is everyone's morning so far?"

/me stared at the disruptive students as she let out a soft sigh before slowly getting up from her seat, walking towards them as her eyes didn't leave the students. "Hello, dear? Can I talk to you over there about your behavior?" she'd ask, once she got their confirmation she'd lead them away from the students doing their assignment and somewhat focusing. "You've been disrupting others with your loud remarks, keep it down. You'll be given a small warning for now but keep in mind of your tone." She'd say sternly in a whisper, not letting other students eavesdropping in as she looked at the child. "Now, please correct your mistakes and do a right." Shi mentioned, giving them a soft smile next to show she was upset, however still gave the chance to the said student.

/me shifted her tone towards the students, it was close to the end of the period, about 10 minutes from her looking at the clock for a second. She slowly stood up from her seat, "Okay everyone! You have 10 minutes leftt! Put your assignments on the drying rack and clean up before class ends, remember to clean your brushes and your hands as there's paint on them!" she'd state, beginning to walk towards the sink as she sorted the brushes some students attempted to clean, assisting them cleaning up in some small way. Shio started to slightly make her way towards to drying rack to make sure that they were all sorted by class periods by their label, giving a slight nod in return.

/me while the students were taking a 'quiz' to know what they knew before the future unit, she took a sip of her hot chocolate as she was silently making sure they were silent for the other students to have the focus they needed. Shifting her cup down once a student had come to her desk, asking her to elaborate on a question, "Ah, so basically the quiz is referring to if you knew the vocabulary. If you're not too sure, just guess. Guessing is better than an empty question, it won't go against your overall grade, just a way for me of where to pace my units so I can know what students know and don't know." She'd reassure the worried student, softly smiling as she started to make her way back to her desk.

Backstory
Early Life:
She was born into a family that was considered middle-class in Tokyo, Japan. Her biological family was deaf; however, her siblings were considerably hearing; this was the reason why she quite literally learned JSL at a young age while learning Japanese in preschool and elementary school. She often went to school, seen signing while she was talking was an odd thing and often thought Shio was a strange child yet friendly, which made her not a lonely child at the end.

However, her early years were not without challenges. A routine health checkup every year due to the need to make sure Shio doesn’t have any family-lining inherited issues in her life which was concerned of her physical health. But, later on it was revealed a tumor that posed a threat to her hearing, they assumed it was a smaller tumor that would effect her very little, however that wasn't the case. This marked the beginning of her day-to-day life filled with medical appointments, uncertainty. Her family wasn't able to detect it early on due to the check-ups not focusing on that alone since they were told it was a minor thing, mostly per year.

As Shio's hearing loss became apparent, her family sought out specialists and resources to help her navigate what exactly happened, it was revealed that her tumor was slowly growing, originally hard to find who'd do surgery as most assumed it wasn't serious, turning the parents down. Despite the challenges, Shio's family remained determined to provide her with the necessary support and opportunities to thrive.

High School Struggles:
As she entered high school, the tumor's impact on her hearing became more apparent as she showed symptoms of it affecting her as a person. She struggled to keep up with classroom conversations, often missing class information and unable to follow vocal instructions whenever it was class activities. The frequent hospital visits disrupted her academic routine once she told her family the sudden voices and sounds slowly becoming ‘quieter’ to her, it was until the middle of the hear while she was in 10th grade, they were able to get the surgery that Shio needed to get rid of the tumor, which had made her considered fully deaf. Many teachers were unsympathetic, dismissing her struggles as a distraction or something that isn’t as important as learning and trying to digest the lessons to just pass tests.

There was one teacher that was helping her; seeing the learning wall, they felt like it was up to them to teach Shio, as their learning curve was something hard to look past and them actually learning the subjects is something apparent overall. This teacher provided extra support, extending to tutoring hours and finding innovative ways to accommodate her hearing impairment. They were the underlying reason why Shio wanted to be a teacher, to be someone who understood with an open arm regardless of the hard things in life that may shadow the student. Shio believed that by becoming a teacher, they could create a safe and nurturing environment for students facing similar challenges, just like her teacher had done for Shio.

Financial Struggles:
The financial pain of medical expenses and the look for hearing aids became a significant part of her life, something hard for her to get due to how expensive it is even with assistance of medical care. Her family, already grappling with the costs of medical care, faced additional challenges in providing her with the hearing aids as it costed 600k yen to have a singular pair.

Additionally, without the hearing aids, she struggled to keep up with classroom discussions and missed out on important educational opportunities. This was throughout her high school life for the most part, as people didn't try to learn sign language as she usually sat there in silence.

Throughout her college years, she faced the same challenges due to her hearing loss, which made it difficult for her to participate in lectures and engage with peers, however there was more people who knew JSL or was learning in the progress of learning it. This led to less feelings of large work loads and an increased workload. She was thankful to the hearing people who knew JSL and was able to teach/tutor her on their own free-time, feeling a warm feeling of friendship that was a group she could stick to while in college. However, receiving hearing aids at age 25 marked a turning point in her life, as the different sounds changed her perception everything.

She had a hard time getting used to this new sense of hearing, but she was excited yet scared with the subtleties of commonplace noises like the hum of traffic and the rustling of leaves. She had trouble focusing on particular talks and blocking out surrounding noise. However, Shio was so glad she could hear the voice of her friends, people she cared about, even hearing sounds she used to as a child like watching TV shows, hearing the similar sound of her mother cooking, even to hearing dogs bark.

She came to understand that the complex range of sounds she was experiencing called for was considered attentive listening. She looked for ways to get around this unfamiliar environment of loud sounds, practicing active listening and utilizing visual cues. Additionally, she developed the capacity to prioritize sounds based on their relevance and usability, of course, giving her-self much needed silence as sometimes it feels overwhelming to the point of having a break-down from the sounds that are loud, something she rather not hear hours on end.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Shio Matsuyuki
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms/Miss
Given Name(s): Shio, Matsu
Preferred Name: Shi, Matsuyuki, Matsu, Yuki, Hio, and Ms. M

Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: Engaged

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):
Academic Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Year of Graduation: 2015
Major(s): Fine Arts
Minors: Art education

Native Languages: JSL & Japanese
Other Languages: French, and Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes

Extra
Additional notes about your application:
SKIN may change by due time depending along with IGN so it wouldn't cause any confusion down the line
I beg of my college main slot being moved to a secondary char slot

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread