Level 5
BlossomRp
BlossomRp
Fundraiser+
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: AsaKaiRp

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Lotus#5332

How old are you? (Optional): 19

What is your time zone?: Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Describe your activity on the server: I am extremely active on SRP when I am not busy with my online college classes, though my schedule is extremely flexible. I am able to decide when I want to take my oocly classes so I am able to hop online at any time or for any occasion. I would rate my activity on the server as a solid 8. I take breaks from SRP once a month for 3-5 days but other than that I am online around 5-6 hours per oocly day.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): I was banned but it got appealed, it was in mid-late June and I got unbanned shortly after.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I do understand.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: I am applying for caretaker!

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for: A caretaker is exactly what the name signifies. A caretaker oversees a variety of tasks, you could say they are the bearer of peace within the halls, the janitor or simply a helper. One task they provide is patrolling the halls during periods 2, 3 and 4 while other faculty are positioned at their stations. They make sure the halls are peaceful, students are attending classes and oversee the general vibe of the students. Another task they hold is what some may call a janitor, for they play the major role in keeping the school clean, tidy and presentable for those who roam the halls. Next, another important task, they assist other faculty such as nurses, teachers, professors and more in their requested needs. For a nurse, a caretaker may be requested to look after a student while the nurse sees to another or they may clean up some bodily fluids left over from a drunken student. They may assist a professor in gathering supplies they may need for their lesson or even a receptionist when they cannot track down a student. The caretaker is one, if not the most, important role within faculty, for they keep the peace, they keep the cleanliness, they assist in many ways.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: In SRP I have experience within a variety of different ascents of rp and character development. I have experienced within gangrp, family rp and recently finishing my experience with professor rp. Within my 7-8 months on srp, I have created around 5 characters that I have put time into developing and transforming, something I enjoy very much. Since I was in grade-school, I have been roleplaying and creating characters. It has been something I have always loved, even participating in drama/acting during my grade-school to high school years. I find great joy in creating different personalities, backstories and acting like such characters. It has always been and will continue to be a passion of mine, one I grow at every single day.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

LotusRp
ACCEPTED Latin Application
ACCEPTED JSL Application
ACCEPTED Gaelic Application
ACCEPTED Ban Appeal

GaelRp
ACCEPTED Professor Application
DENIED Gaelic Application
ACCEPTED Gaelic Application
ACCEPTED Mandarin Application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

IGN: LotusRp
Role: College Bachelor, Age 20

IGN: GaelRp
Role: AP Professor, Age 30
(GaelRp's role will change to Adult, Age 30 at the end of August/Beginning of September)

IGN: FlowerRp
Role: Grade 8, Age 14

IGN: AsaRp
Role: Grade 7, Age 13

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?: Due to my character's backstory, he is very well-versed in these types of situations which include the harsh words of others. Asa would always keep a soft smile on his face, regardless of the words being thrown at him. He would ask the student if they need any help, for he is there to assist and provide. He may ask if they would like to speak to a councilor due to their build up anger they seem to be releasing on him. Though most importantly, to keep the peace in the hallways, Asa would politely ask the student to not curse but rather explain to him why he is saying such words and ask how he can assist with making this student's day more enjoyable. He quite understands school is not for everyone, and there may be some outside encounters influencing this student's behavior.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?: In his lifetime growing up and working within in the orphanage, Asa has broken up many fights that have established due to words or actions thrown both ways. Asa would of course do his best to break up the fight, he does not wish to see any student injured further more than they already have been after the first few punches. He would first try to politely ask them to separate, though in many cases politeness often gets overlooked when you are blinded with rage and envy. If that did not work, Asa would most likely have to threaten some sort of punishment after a few warnings. He would suggest detention for the both as a suitable form of punishment if they continued, possibly even discussing their reasoning for this fight to SLT. Once the fight has broken, Asa would switch gears to attending to the injured students, help them make their way to the nurse office and assist the nurse in any of their needs. While the students were being treated by the nurse, Asa would try to understand the reasoning behind the fight. He would ask each student for their side of the story and may even seek out some bystanders. He would try his best to be fair in the punishment aspect and show mercy when there is room for it to be given.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?: Asa has never been one of the most confrontational type of man, though he always worries for others and wishes to assist in helping. If Asa saw a situation like this unfolding, he would first access his relationship with this particular faculty member. Were they a friend of his, or simply just a co-worker he passes in the halls, speaks to occasionally? Depending on how this question is answered within his head, is dependent on how Asa will react. If the answer is this person is a friend to Asa, he will approach the person and ask if he may assist in calming them or understanding why they reacted the way they did. If it is not within his power to assist, he will seek a higher ranked faculty member to help his friend. Though, if the answer is this person is simply just a co-worker in regards to friendship to Asa, he would seek the higher ranked faculty member first and not approach at all. Asa wouldn't know how the person would react to his approach, the safer option being to report directly to someone with more power to assist.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act? The break room is often seen as a place for rest and recovery from the chaos of the halls, teaching or treating students. Though, for Asa, it is more of a small room filled with distractions. Asa isn't one for casual conversation, meaningless 'good mornings' or 'how are you today?' He would rather return to his job with assisting those in need. He would, most of the time, only visit the break room to grab a cup of coffee or some sort of supply needed then be on his way.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

Context: This first situation shows Asa with a mop and bucket within the nurse office, assisting the nurse as well as conversing with the drunken student who caused the mess.
/me &#f8887f Asa rolled the mop bucket into the nurse office as Ms. Amari held open the door for him. He nodded a quick, &f"Thank you." &#f8887f before continuing into the room, but not before returning a soft smile to the nurse. Asa positioned the mop bucket near bed two, where the drunken student has once sat and emptied his bowels across the floor, which is what Asa was here to clean up. A scrunched up expression made its way to Asa's face as he looked at the contents on the floor, sighing to himself. This was nothing new for him, he has done it countless times. Though, he never got used to the smell. He picked up the mop by its handle, hoisting it up above his head and positioned the end of the mop so it was in the clamp of the bucket. He lowered it within the clamp and pushed down on the lever which in return, squeezed all the access water within the mop head back into the bucket. Releasing the lever, he hoisted the mop back up before a loud &l&oSPLAT &#f8887f was heard of him dropping the head of the mop onto the ground. As he cleaned the vomit that spilled from the students mouth after making the horrid decision to drink, he listened in to the nurses helping the student as well as their conversations. Asa was one who quietly observed his surrounding, multitasking his busy mind and busy hands.

Context: A receptionist is asking for Asa's assistance at the front desk in regards to a student running around with a gas mask and onesie attire.
/me &#f8887f Hearing everything the receptionist, Ms. Kato, was telling Asa, he put two and two together that she was asking him to track down this student. Ms. Kato mentioned there was an unknown student running through the halls wearing only a gas mask and a monkey onesie. This unknown student refuses to listen to staff when asked to remove the mask and takes of running. He sighed as he thought of how much of a pain this encounter would be, knowing student this tend to not listen to those of authority but rather run and hide, or simply do whatever they wish regardless. He took out a pencil and sticky note from his pocket, writing down what little information was given to him before he set off to find this student. It was his job regardless if this was the one type of situation that brought a frown to his face. Ms. Kato mentioned this student ran off in the direction of the tutor room, thinking he should start his patrol there. From there he decided he would circle the bottom floor and the outdoor surroundings before making his way upstairs. This was going to be a painful journey.

Context: Asa is at the pool with another faculty member. It is a physical eduction teacher asking for Asa's assistance watching over the students within the pool.
/me &#f8887f He listened closely to Mr. Saybil, a very well known physical education teacher within the high school of Karakura, as he requested his assistance watching over his students while they swam in the pool. Mr. Saybil had asked him to stand at the other end of the pool for when students made there way to that end for their swim lesson. He nodded, a soft smile always playing at his lips, for he was more than happy to help his dear co-worker. &f" Of course, Sir." &#f8887f He spoke softly before parting ways with Mr. Saybil. Asa made his way down the side of the pool towards the other end. He looked down at the water as he slowly strolled on the concrete siding, smiling at how the sun reflected beautifully on the water. He enjoyed the wonky look of the smudged sun that the effect of water gave it. Asa often finding beauty in the weirdest of things. This imagine is his mind was cut short as he arrived at his said post, standing at the shallow end of the pool. He watched over the students as they swam, his eyes darting from kid to kid. Asa watched to make sure they all one, did as they were told, as well as the more obvious of tasks, making sure none were drowning. A small sigh escaped his lips, this would be a very long class. At least, though, it was a beautiful day outside with the sun out and a slight breeze.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): Asa Kai
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Asa would prefer for those to be informal with him, calling him by his first name. Though, he doesn't mind being called Mr. Kai as well.

Age (Minimum is 25): Asa's current age is 28.
Religious Denomination: Asa grew up with no religion.
Marital Status: Asa is currently single.

Academic Degree: Due to his life in the orphanage, he has no educational degree besides a high school diploma.
Year of Graduation: He is a 2012 high school graduate, graduating at the age of 18.
Major(s): None
Minors: None

Nationality: Asa is a descendent of Japanese parents.
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: Japanese
Other Languages: Asa only speaks his native language.

Backstory

Early-Mid Life
In early 1997 at the young age of three years old, Asa Kai was found and taken in by the Arata Orphanage. Arata meaning 'new' or 'fresh,' their motto being that every child deserves a fresh start. He would there learn how to cook meals such as breakfast, lunch and dinner, clean and fold the clothes, as well as use any basic household supplies for the organization and cleanliness of the orphanage. Alongside those chores, Asa attended daily lessons with hired professionals, learning english, math, social studies, science. All the basic studies. This same cycle continued for years and year, growing up alongside his metaphorical brothers and sisters. He watched as they got brought in and taken out, new families giving them love and admiration for their strengths of enduring this cycle of wake up, clean, eat, go to lessons, eat again and sleep. He sat for fifteen long years, stuck in this same cycle, this never ending cycle.

Adult Life
When Asa turned eighteen, just like many others, he had no place to go. He had only two options presented to him by the owner of the orphanage, a plump older lady with high expectations and little gratitude. She told him he could either test his luck on the streets like those before him, or he could stay at the orphanage and work under her as an apprentice, the caretaker of the orphanage. His job would be to watch over the students, make sure they behaved and followed the rules given by the owner. He would help them clean, cook most the meals and give the children their tasks.

Karakura
After ten long years of working under the owner of the orphanage, Asa thought he was going to go mad. It was a continuous cycle once again, just slightly different. He longed for more, he wished for a different life. He reached out to his close friend Amari, someone he had met when she came to adopt a child while he worked as a caretaker. He ranted to her day after day of the constant cycle he was stuck in and how he longed for something different, a change in his life. She suggested he moved to Karakura, where she will take him in under her roof until he got on his feet as well as put in a good word for him when he applied to work as a caretaker for the Karakura high school and college. He packed his bags, said goodbye to all the children and bid the owner a goodbye before setting off to start his new life in Karakura, another Arata, a different Arata.

Motivation for Joining KHS: Asa has heard some great stories about this town and school from his dear friend Amari who works at a nurse at Karakura high school and college. He decided to move to this city purely for a new start in life as well as the beginning to his new job as a caretaker alongside Amari.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): Asa has experience working in an orphanage as the official caretaker alongside the woman who ran the orphanage. The orphanage had a school within it where teachers were hired to come, so he has experience assisting them with their needs along with maintaining the caretaker role.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: Asa has dedicated his entire life to the assistance and care of children, growing up alongside and being one of those in need. He believes he is more than qualified for this position due to his experience within the orphanage and his abilities to cook, clean, calm and access situations. He is more than capable at developing lasting faculty-student relationships and loves helping people more than the average man.

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Denied

Thank you for taking the time to apply for this position! Unfortunately, I'll be denying the application for the following reasons:
- I've chosen to deny this application compared to the other applicants. Feel free to apply again at any time! If you have any questions, DM mariav#6666​

Users who are viewing this thread