Attribute Suggestion #2048

Should this idea be implemented?

• Total voters

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
IGN: Look directly to the left, right below my profile picture.
DATE: Look directly upwards. 2 lines.
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Read the rest of this thread.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Refer to my previous answer.

This thread serves as a counter-argument to the reason given on the most recent thread regarding attributes that was rejected earlier today.

"Whilst we understand it can be difficult to gain attributes on alternate accounts, this plugin is not directly designed to be grinded. It's there to provide attributes to your player over time, if everything was easy there would be no point in doing it." - KimiNoUso

This reasoning is fundamentally flawed; for what reason is there to penalize every player just because there was a small group taking advantage of a system, when you could instead find a way to prevent the behavior you don't want to see? Not only does this further widen the gap between players who have already trained their attributes and those who have not, but now people are grinding more to compensate for the lack of attribute XP they receive.

If your issue is with people grinding out stats quickly over a short period of time, then the solution can simply be a daily progression cap on attributes. Rebalance attributes so that they can be trained at around the same pace, then make it work so that players can only obtain 5-10% total across each attribute per day. This way, instead of wasting players' times by forcing them to do mind-numbingly boring and repetitive tasks for hours (which we understand you don't want, but it's clearly not stopping anyone) they can grind for a short period of time then be on with their day.

With this system, it would still take multiple months of logging on every day to max out everything, but it would be done in smaller, less taxing sessions. I can't confidently say this is a win-win, but I believe it is a good compromise with merit for both sides. It's less time actually spent training, while still taking a long period of time overall.

TLDR: Rebalance attribute gains so they are more efficient and consistent with one another speed-wise, but add a hard limit to how much can be gained in one day.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Accepted! (/j, don't ban me)

This is a really smart idea, it would be really hard to individually remove every single grindy/glitch way of gaining attributes fastly, I think a general progression cap is a smart band aid solution

ethxx.ltd

Level 44
ethxxltd
ethxxltd
Notable
I havent personally used the new attributes but from what I have been told and seen I think this is a good idea

Lazeas

Level 46
Personally, I don't think the way attributes are set up right now is too bad. The main issue I have is with Speed and Swim. I have no idea why they decided to decrease the EXP gain on those 2 attributes. It's especially odd since the new attribute update was designed to help players get attributes faster, hence the track EXP multiplier, and Acrobatics Exp increase.

If they decided to increase the EXP but cap the attributes at 5% per attribute a day, Then that would still be better than what we have now in terms of speed and swimming, so +1

but like it would be nice if staff didn't overcomplicate things and simply increased the exp gain

cho0ii

Level 169
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I like the idea of capping how many attribute points you can gain in a day.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Adding a cap for this wouldn't really solve any issues, alongside the previous response to the the last thread being final. I will make Swim easier to gain, however the rest will stay the same.​
- The cap for fishing is completely different to capping attributes.​

Users who are viewing this thread