mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

blair's suggestion

BLAIR.

Level 10
IGN: lawao

DATE: 18/03/21

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Allow friends to check the /seen of the friends they have added. There's no need to explain, but I will. If friends are able to check the /seen, they are not only able to know when their friends last got off, it's better for when you want to RP with someone you know but you two aren't on at the same time. You'd want to know when they last got on, for better knowledge of when they get on and off. It simply is just easier, and it could benefit greatly towards team captains who are not staff and do not have access to that command and would like to check the activity of their members.
If you think about it, there isn't really much of an argument other than it could take some time to do depending on the plugin, etc. However, another argument to this could be that you don't want people to check your /seen, you'd like to keep it anonymous. There are infact two solutions to this problem, one being that they could just remove the friends on the friend list that they do not want viewing their /seen. The second one being that there could be a command to switch it on and off, whether you'd like people to view it even if they are on your friends list or not.
Although this may be just a silly suggestion to some that people don't think should be added, I do think it could contribute to others activity because I know that myself, I don't see a lot of things to do on SRP anymore mainly because of school and not many people being around as much. So if this were to be added, people could keep track of others activity so they'd know the usual time of when to get on if they were to want to RP with someone specific.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
+1

This command was available and open to the public last month... I don't know why they removed it now

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1/-1
I believe this would be an interesting idea. I think /seen is an useful command that, although is only dedicated to staff members, would also help players. Nonetheless, I feel like coding this would be quite hard, considering how two plugins developed by different people would need to be modified just for this suggestion. This would take even more server memory, which would contribute to server lag and, overall, further issues, though it is up to the senior staff ranks whether it would be worth it or not

BLAIR.

Level 10
+1/-1
I believe this would be an interesting idea. I think /seen is an useful command that, although is only dedicated to staff members, would also help players. Nonetheless, I feel like coding this would be quite hard, considering how two plugins developed by different people would need to be modified just for this suggestion. This would take even more server memory, which would contribute to server lag and, overall, further issues, though it is up to the senior staff ranks whether it would be worth it or not
I doubt a command would contribute to lag if I'm being honest with you, sure it may be a bit difficult to code but what I was saying was that it should atleast be introduced sometime in the future.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
This command was available and open to the public last month... I don't know why they removed it now
The command was only added for a short period of time for players to assist staff members — specifically Im6 — in finding and disowning the inactive apartments as at one point it was almost impossible to find an apartment due to many of them being owned by banned/old player.

It simply is just easier, and it could benefit greatly towards team captains who are not staff and do not have access to that command and would like to check the activity of their members.
It would be so much easier for team captains to see inactive people, and for KPD.
The /seen command only really needs to be used by members of staff and faction leads to review a player's activity within a group/faction they are specifically in-charge of. As for captains, they have a faction leader in-charge of them (WiffyBanter/oph) and can request a /seen via /help, #help or by contacting any member of staff should that be required; they also have #highschool-inactivity-logs & #college-inactivity-logs which they should be monitoring.

Overall, I don't see a need for players to have this permission other than them being able to see when their friend was last on. As for limiting the command to only friends of friends, I feel like that's a pretty tedious task and not as important as some of the other things on the Update & Expansion timeline

Last edited:

BLAIR.

Level 10

The command was only added for a short period of time for players to assist staff members — specifically Im6 — in finding and disowning the inactive apartments as at one point it was almost impossible to find an apartment due to many of them being owned by banned/old player.

The /seen command only really needs to be used by members of staff and faction leads to review a player's activity within a group/faction they are specifically in-charge of. As for captains, they have a faction leader in-charge of them (WiffyBanter/oph) and can request a /seen via /help, #help or by contacting any member of staff should that be required; they also have #highschool-inactivity-logs & #college-inactivity-logs which they should be monitoring.

Overall, I don't see a need for players to have this permission other than them being able to see when their friend was last on. As for limiting the command to only friends of friends, I feel like that's a pretty tedious task and not as important as some of the other things on the Update & Expansion timeline
Yes, it may not be as important as other updates which is why i'm saying it'd be pretty helpful to players if it were to be added again sometime in the near future. It sure would help a lot though, and although players aren't staff members and don't have many needs for it- it'd still be something useful to have in numerous situations.

It doesn't even have to be limited to friends, I just think if the command were to be added back as a whole that would be great- or even if there was a command to disable it or enable it it'd still be useful.

I get where you're coming from but believe me there are MANY situations where this command can be used for the greater good, and seeing how many people agree with me I think a lot of other people also know that too.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Yes, it may not be as important as other updates which is why i'm saying it'd be pretty helpful to players if it were to be added again sometime in the near future. It sure would help a lot though, and although players aren't staff members and don't have many needs for it- it'd still be something useful to have in numerous situations.

It doesn't even have to be limited to friends, I just think if the command were to be added back as a whole that would be great- or even if there was a command to disable it or enable it it'd still be useful.

I get where you're coming from but believe me there are MANY situations where this command can be used for the greater good, and seeing how many people agree with me I think a lot of other people also know that too.
Again, currently if a player needed a /seen (within reason) whether that be for their team or for another leadership position they run (Coordinators, Faction leads and directors) they can request one by contacting member of staff; how it always had been before the command was temporarily added.

You mentioned in your response many situations where the command can be used as well as situations; could you list a few uses/situations to further explain how the command could be useful for regular players?

BLAIR.

Level 10
Again, currently if a player needed a /seen (within reason) whether that be for their team or for another leadership position they run (Coordinators, Faction leads and directors) they can request one by contacting member of staff; how it always had been before the command was temporarily added.

You mentioned in your response many situations where the command can be used as well as situations; could you list a few uses/situations to further explain how the command could be useful for regular players?
I can't think of all at the top of my head, but generally they could be useful just to understand when someone last got on and off, that could lead to things that could be very useful, wanting to understand when your friend was last on, etc. General uses like that do make a big impact, and judging by what everyone else has said it clearly is wanted by a lot of people that they could make their own uses for. Again, if it were to be added back and a command as simple as enabling it and disabling it would mean that it could not be abused.

eto

Level 15
I can't think of all at the top of my head, but generally they could be useful just to understand when someone last got on and off, that could lead to things that could be very useful, wanting to understand when your friend was last on, etc. General uses like that do make a big impact, and judging by what everyone else has said it clearly is wanted by a lot of people that they could make their own uses for. Again, if it were to be added back and a command as simple as enabling it and disabling it would mean that it could not be abused.
Adding onto this, not every player has a Discord account due to whatever reason as to such to ask when they're getting on next and may wish to see when their friend has last been on so they can possibly predict the next time. Also, members of families/organisations that are NOT faction-ran and instead player-ran such as families may wish to check their own members' activity. Not everything has to be faction-based reason and there's no advantage for players having it other than to check activity. Why should it only be limited to staff? It's not an OP permission.

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega

Exactly what KimiNoUso said. I understand it being useful to see when your friends were on last but that's honestly not a big reason. And for anything besides 'social' use like Families, I don't see why this command would be needed, I would expect all Families to have a Discord Server and its pretty obvious if someone is inactive as a lot of Players get on nearly everyday at the same time

BLAIR.

Level 10

Exactly what KimiNoUso said. I understand it being useful to see when your friends were on last but that's honestly not a big reason. And for anything besides 'social' use like Families, I don't see why this command would be needed, I would expect all Families to have a Discord Server and its pretty obvious if someone is inactive as a lot of Players get on nearly everyday at the same time
Timezones make a MAJOR difference. If you're wanting to RP with someone that's 6 hours behind, it's not very noticable is it? I would also not go into /help and ask for their seen as that's quite random to ask of someone's /seen when it's not for something major.. Although I said it wasn't major, it still helps a lot and judging by how many people have agreed with me you can prove that that's a fact.

People are able to lie, so for families it's not very easy to tell if they're active or not also going back to the timezone differences between the players. Overall, although this wouldn't be something too big of something to be NEEDED to be added, it'd be highly beneficial for many reasons and if a command were to be added to disable and enable this, it wouldn't be able to be abused. There's simply not much of a reason to not add it in the end, I know majority of the players would greatly benefit from this command being put into place.

EDIT: As flizzier said, not everything is faction based and it shouldn't be strictly put in place for staff members only; it would help the players as a whole.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
I don't see the issue with adding it honestly. It's a really simple command that gives 0 advantage to any player OOCly or ICly. If it really shouldn't be accessible to all players then maybe during the period the whole apartment clearing thing happened, it would have been available to only staff members and not all players.

Moreover, I remember WiffyBanter mentioning this command to me, and three other people (non-staff members) in a VC when it was available and explained what it does and we all found it pretty cool. If it was really not something players should know about/have then maybe he wouldn't have mentioned it.

Finally, this command lets you know a pretty simple thing that really doesn't give you an edge at all in RP. It's not like the /feed command where it just makes you not have to worry about food anymore. It's just seeing when someone was last online. Again, I don't really see the big deal with adding it. I still think it should be added but I respect the staff members' opinions regardless.

eto

Level 15
I don't see the issue with adding it honestly. It's a really simple command that gives 0 advantage to any player OOCly or ICly. If it really shouldn't be accessible to all players then maybe during the period the whole apartment clearing thing happened, it would have been available to only staff members and not all players.
Perfectly summed up. It was successful in the way it was used and clearly wasn't abused or a disadvantage to ordinary players. I'm beginning to question whether or not the staff are disagreeing mainly due to the point that, well, they'll lose a staff permission that they can keep to themselves. There's a benefit to me as an organisation & family owner myself, as many instances people can be active on Discord and not mention their inactivity in-game. I understand if it was /v or something, but c'mon - it's literally /seen and checking activity. There's no downside.

Users who are viewing this thread