mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Bring back Kill Permissions *NOT CLICKBAIT*

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I REALLY KNOW THIS BUT LIKE... THE PEOPLE WHO YOU GET MAJORS ON YOU AKA NON BASE LORE RPERS UNLIKE YALL AND KANA THEY USUALLY DONT CONSENT TO KPS
Then carefully choose those that you RP with... also, murder is not the only things gangs do, go into other lines of gang activity.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
it did. if you think a character losing both eyes is just the death of your character, you are so wrong......sawa taigyoku is legally blind & roleplaying with her was still fun. i was bmd & did so many cool events. a massive point in the original suggestion was to ensure that people were not forcefully having their characters deleted — just because your character loses their eyes or their limbs and becomes a vegetable does NOT mean you can stop rping as that character. that's YOUR choice. don't let something like that limit you.....

....the reason why you can still engage in major assault unconsented, though, is because risk is something we still want. we don't want characters permanently deleted out of force (when in usual writing based roleplay communities, permanent death is through consent). that's why the risk of your character losing their eyes or their limbs exists still rather than just having your character deleted
We can roleplay as blind characters, I know it for sure!

However, 90% of SRP think the opposite. I've already seen blinded characters never return many times before! I'm not saying that majors should be consented to, but I'm saying that people in the crime faction always attempt to find a way around something. Plus, people in the crime faction will 9 times out of 10 make a new character since you can't really GangRP the same without your eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!

if majors had to be consented too, i'd leave the crime faction for good

also hi heb how are you

worst

Level 14
worstdressed
worstdressed
Notable
The current system encourages creativity instead of instinctively trying to kill someone who’s wronged you. People are allowed to explore their characters in full while still experiencing a plethora of dangers. It opens up the opportunity to write varied personalities without fearing they’ll be forced into giving it all up. What’s the fun in wiping someone’s development when they’re against it? There are still plenty of ways to get back at people. Being unable to kill someone’s character if they don’t want you to doesn’t eliminate all risks. If it’s beneficial enough to the storyline then the perms will surely be granted anyway. If not, it sucks but there’ll be other opportunities. Some are more than prepared to let go of their characters with the right reasoning, some aren’t. Roleplay should be enjoyable for everyone regardless. It’s not an unreasonable suggestion but kps aren’t a necessity and people should be able to roleplay without them.

Lewk

Level 86
x_z
x_z
Omega+
+1

Now before I respond with anything, I would like to point out that I never supported the removal of KPS so my opinion is definitely biased. HOWEVER, I cannot disagree with what has been said by many above and do agree that the removal of KPS as a whole was a benefit for crime roleplay. It forced players who played to kill to explore other options, even if those options were as many said aiming for eyes, etc. This entire time without KPS has not had a negative effect on crime roleplay as a whole, in fact despite my disagreement with it being removed originally, and still, disagreement with it not being on the server now I can strongly say the old system of KPS should never return to the server.

However, a new style of KPS with stricter methods of achieving it is something I do strongly support. Whilst I strongly disagree with killing developed characters without any real sense or reason but simply to act on the permissions gaining, sometimes, and I mean sometimes, there are times when KPS should be available as an option outside of consent (excluding KPD and BMD killing permissions which do not require consent).

A large example of this is verified and unverified gangs, whilst I do love for them to roleplay and develop their characters, they are in gangs that often cause bodily harm to others. Even during gang wars as stated by the current rule, "9.6g If a gang war is taking place, the two opposing gangs will have killing permissions on each other without needing to ask for consent. This is only for the duration of the gang war." the two gangs taking part within the gang war will have killing permissions on each other. Combat roleplay and criminal roleplay are separated by the two simple facts of killing and the use of lethal weaponry. There should be a risk for being in a gang, other than simply getting a limb removed which you can simply replace with a prosthetic and then act as if nothing happened.

Currently, as it stands, once you major in someone you practically have nothing to fear. You'll get majored back, go to the hospital to get patched up, and then continue roleplaying as if nothing happens. This does not mean I want majors to equal kill permission again but just giving an example of the current issues with the way KPS works right now.

This brings me to the end of my opinion, KPS should be returned, they should not be anywhere near as easily obtained or acted on as in the past but they should have a spot on the server. However, I would like for this to be known, I am fine with it remaining the way it is right now as well. If the staff team as a whole is capable of figuring out methods to reintroduce KPS in a way that does not bring us to the old state crime roleplay I am 100% for it returning. On the other hand, if there is no way to reintroduce KPS that is not easily obtained nor makes sense, I would prefer things to stay as they are now as personally, I don't mind it.

ps: Bringing back KPS is not up to me entirely.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1

Now before I respond with anything, I would like to point out that I never supported the removal of KPS so my opinion is definitely biased. HOWEVER, I cannot disagree with what has been said by many above and do agree that the removal of KPS as a whole was a benefit for crime roleplay. It forced players who played to kill to explore other options, even if those options were as many said aiming for eyes, etc. This entire time without KPS has not had a negative effect on crime roleplay as a whole, in fact despite my disagreement with it being removed originally, and still, disagreement with it not being on the server now I can strongly say the old system of KPS should never return to the server.

However, a new style of KPS with stricter methods of achieving it is something I do strongly support. Whilst I strongly disagree with killing developed characters without any real sense or reason but simply to act on the permissions gaining, sometimes, and I mean sometimes, there are times when KPS should be available as an option outside of consent (excluding KPD and BMD killing permissions which do not require consent).

A large example of this is verified and unverified gangs, whilst I do love for them to roleplay and develop their characters, they are in gangs that often cause bodily harm to others. Even during gang wars as stated by the current rule, "9.6g If a gang war is taking place, the two opposing gangs will have killing permissions on each other without needing to ask for consent. This is only for the duration of the gang war." the two gangs taking part within the gang war will have killing permissions on each other. Combat roleplay and criminal roleplay are separated by the two simple facts of killing and the use of lethal weaponry. There should be a risk for being in a gang, other than simply getting a limb removed which you can simply replace with a prosthetic and then act as if nothing happened.

Currently, as it stands, once you major in someone you practically have nothing to fear. You'll get majored back, go to the hospital to get patched up, and then continue roleplaying as if nothing happens. This does not mean I want majors to equal kill permission again but just giving an example of the current issues with the way KPS works right now.

This brings me to the end of my opinion, KPS should be returned, they should not be anywhere near as easily obtained or acted on as in the past but they should have a spot on the server. However, I would like for this to be known, I am fine with it remaining the way it is right now as well. If the staff team as a whole is capable of figuring out methods to reintroduce KPS in a way that does not bring us to the old state crime roleplay I am 100% for it returning. On the other hand, if there is no way to reintroduce KPS that is not easily obtained nor makes sense, I would prefer things to stay as they are now as personally, I don't mind it.

ps: Bringing back KPS is not up to me entirely.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W's LEWK!!!

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Okay, I know that there's a huge debate going on or whatever, but are we REALLY just going to gloss over this gem?
This does not include minor limbs (i.e. toes, fingers, hands, feet, carvings, etc)
Ah yes, the loss of my hands and feet has minorly inconvenienced me. Oh well, I suppose I'll go walk around on two peg legs and slap people around with my stubby nubs.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Neutral

I've been pretty indecisive on the consented KPS update altogether, when it was first announced, I was in full support or it. But as I've been roleplaying, I feel like it's sorta removed the risk of some forms of roleplay. I'll post my complete feedback below;

If anything though, I'm more in favor of keeping KPS consented. It'd be a shame for a super-developed character with months or even years of writing to just be thrown away, by somebody writing "/me stabs carotid." But with that logic, it'd also be a big kick in the shin for your character to lose a limb when you didn't want them to, just because you knocked somebody out. Additionally, majoring somebody by taking their eyes can also put the character out of commission, almost just how KPS would. The only difference is that the player still obviously has the option to roleplay as that character, just blind. I, personally wouldn't mind having to roleplay a blind character, just not any of my super-developed ones, as I've put too much work into them for them to just go blind because I tased someone.

However, If KPS were to be brought back, I wouldn't completely be against it. The only difference is I'd be a lot more careful knowing that a small little action can easily get my year-old character killed in the span of fifteen minutes. But if you try to look on the bright side of things, it'd definitely be disheartening, but it'd still be a great opportunity for others to roleplay off of, even if the character's death isn't roleplayed out 'correctly'. I also noticed that a few players began to leave after the KPS update, but even if it were brought back, there's no guarantee they'll come back anyway. Even at that, it's pretty silly to leave over an update like this.

A way to find a middle part of all this discussion is to add back KPS, but only if the full extent of major perms have been carried out, as Infi has suggested. Petty things that gave player's KPS that were in the rules before that Yonio mentioned was definitely a good idea to remove, but some of the things that Infi suggested should have stayed. It'd make sense ICly for a character to want revenge on another for kidnapping them successfully, or removing one of their limbs successfully. However, KPS should only be granted in that case if the limb or body part cannot be reattached to the person, or if the body part cannot be found.

While Kana does make a point with this;
Characters are the property of the writer, only the writer should decide when their character dies.
There should be some sort of major risk for a character after doing something so dastardly as if to kidnap them or successfully take one of their limbs/body parts. I don't really think that's an "eye for an eye" sort of situation. (Or, what if there was some sort of in-between for majors and KPS?! If that can even be thought of. Mostly a joke, but you get the idea)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Massive -1
If you can't see the benefits of the current regime then perhaps take a gander and look at quite literally any other roleplaying community. SRP's interpretation of kill permissions were awful beforehand. Granted it isn't perfect now but it is a lot, lot better.

I feel like nobody read https://schoolrp.net/threads/feedback-kill-permissions-re-evaluation.51576/ at all and that is an exhausting thought.

Here's a quote from the thread.

In reality, both the owner and a great majority of the staff team have been looking to lower the amount of kills that take place on the server to a great amount. Again, I'll stress the same point that I've stressed in nearly every reply: forced / permanent character death is not a fond circumstance in other roleplay communities, especially text-based ones. We're making it so that forced death won't occur (minus some instances where people spend what'll end up being months to remove the limb and appendages of a single character; but, that's so unlikely considering how long it would realistically take given the new major assault permissions that would be updated with this suggestion (and even then, people are not forced to kill off their characters)) and that all deaths will require a person who actually cares about the roleplay aspect of GangRP and not the mindless/meaningless kills that are nonsensical to their character's lore and the server's setting.

You can still LOSE in GangRP. You can lose LIMBS! You can get kidnapped for an entire SEVEN DAYS without interruption and experience roleplay unlike any other kind we've had on the server during this time. Guys, losing a limb and being kidnapped are not normal things. It requires you to roleplay out a reaction of someone literally severely traumatized; and, many overlook these daunting aspects of GangRP because they simply do not know how to roleplay it out and treat this part of the server as a win-or-lose paradigm. GangRP's reputation is faltering because there is such little regard for the roleplay aspect, even in spite of the fact that we are a roleplay server. This is what we should be promoting.

NLR would be a good concept and something that we had previously on the server, from 2016-2019. However, there were issues with constant character death of relentless and meaningless kinds (which is what we're trying to avoid by having this suggestion implemented) & issues with forced character death. Yes, the person can begin roleplaying as their character again, but they are forced to remove their entire existing lore that took place on the server. Imagine a character that's been around for 3+ years being NLR'd. It would no longer be fun (which is exactly what roleplay is supposed to be).

In addition to that, what if another character had close relations with a character that got NLR'd? That other character just has to void it all because that character got NLR'd? There are needless consequences to NLR and continuously frequent character death of lacking lore. It would not resolve any issues that we are trying to tackle with this implementation. I hope that makes sense and better elaborates on why it was removed in the past (as someone who played heavily during 2016-2019).

I've mentioned in my replies that "roleplay being staged" is not a bad thing at all and a poor misconception to possess. It's not staged as you are still writing something at the same pace another person is writing in live time (an example of something staged would be copy-and-pasted messages) & potentially blending new, unplanned circumstances into the midst of it. A good example of this (which I've already referenced) is when Prosthettics and I planned the sewer explosion event in May 2022 with the conclusion that Ironside Koji would presumably die — however, we did a few unplanned things while actually roleplaying that made it a whole lot more fun. In addition to that, we didn't plan our final messages (at least. . .I didn't; but it's still not a bad thing if anyone did) of the event where the actual stabbing and explosion happened. "Pre-planned" conclusions are still fun.

Think of events: they're all planned, but they're still fun to be involved in, right? It's counter-intuitive to say that roleplay being staged/scripted is going to be the result of this suggestion and then continue to partake in completely staged/scripted events (that actually DO involve copy-and-pasted messages). I'm trying to stress the point in that this isn't a bad thing. The best thing I can recommend is to try and see a positive within these negatives (or just read my other replies as I've already addressed this several times).

The restriction on GangRP and it feeling unenjoyable is completely understandable — that is another thing that this suggestion tackles. When we 1. make minor assault permissions automatic on everybody, being the only thing required is an IC motive 2. make major assault permissions tie together with kidnapping permissions and allow more freedoms with the kidnapping 3. make killing permissions a consent-based system (all three of these are going to be updates if this suggestion is implemented, by the way), we are eliminating a lot of the restrictions and overcomplication. I've already explained in previous replies of how the consent-based system for killing permissions, especially, gives you a ton of freedom that did not exist before, such as being able to consent on the length of said permissions. Read my other replies.

Arguing that removing complaining, stalling, and loopholes would remove losing (if that is what you're trying to say) is completely baseless. Characters are still able to have their limbs chopped off or get kidnapped for several days on end without escape. Characters are still able to get killed by police officers or BMD, or get arrested being that the risk of police interference would increase. Characters are now encouraged to plan intricate crimes to escape these consequences of arrests and KPD-involvement, hence the concept of them becoming the biggest risk. Correct me if that is not what you are trying to say; but, in all honesty, the benefits of this implementation are not to be overlooked. Thank you for your replies, though!! Having someone disagree in detail brings up challenges that we can address early-on in potentially implementing this new system and I am very grateful that you spent your time highlighting your concerns. Being able to speak up about these sorts of things are exactly the freedoms that we want to permit players of the server to have.

Metsu said:
That is not the issue, I believe the issue is how common it is.

If you aren't changing how kidnapping and major assault works, then why would people treat it differently? If you aren't changing kidnapping or encouraging it in any way, then why would people start kidnapping?

The main part of this though is the "differing opinions", why give up at differing opinions, theres many ways to work around this. Having guidelines is an easy way, having an unofficial team of people that review this is an easy way, or in my opinion, the best way, have BMDs and yourself be the main ones to decide who gets character kills. Its not hard. Write a set of guidelines, talk to your BMDs on how you want things to be decided, and let them choose on what characters should die based on what you told them you want. And on the BMD applications, maybe add a section like "In your words, why should someone die?", this would be so easy, BMD focus on crime, and you choose people capable of being serious and people that can roleplay. Have admins be able to review a death if someone complains thinking its unfair, and whoever issued it can get a warning or you can talk to them. Thats just off the top of my head, its easy to come up with something that nerfs "the differing opinions" people can have.

This is a change regarding GangRP, gangs ARE a focus of GangRP, this change does not affect the entire server, it only effects those who want to GangRP, therefore, gangs are a huge part and they are a focus of this.

You can still have OOC consent kills, but you should add BMDs or staff or lore-team, whatever you decide, to make a decision on who can be allowed to character kill.

I honestly believe I have stated that exact sentence regarding forced / permanent character death over ten times within this thread. Yes, it IS the issue — it is the issue that gives GangRP this toxic reputation that withstands it from growing. Commonplace deaths are also an issue, meaning they are both problems that we are tackling with this suggestion. As I've stated, many other roleplay communities (text-based ones, mainly) adopt this same idea regarding forced / permanent character death and limiting it greatly (or completely removing it, which would be in the case of NLR).

We ARE changing major assault and kidnapping. I've stated that several times throughout my replies as well. You may want to check out the other pages of this feedback post and then just CTRL+F for my name to read through some of the more important things I've already stated (and truly do not want to restate). The reason why other updates (that WILL be implemented alongside this rule) is not included in the original post, but rather in my replies, is because they are not the major update we are working toward. THIS is the major update. Consented killing permissions is (as Yonio described it) likely one of the biggest updates in the entirety of GangRP's several years of existence and a complete overhaul. It would be frivolous to provide this update without receiving feedback from the playerbase first and foremost.

I would not give up at differing opinions if I were confident that guidelines would suffice. As I've stated in this reply (specifically), there is bias and leniency that will always exist within the staff team. That's an issue that needs to be addressed; but, it would lead to issues and arguments regarding which killing permissions are permitted and which were not before that does get addressed. We are trying to avoid these kinds of arguments and the circling toxicity that does follow GangRP's reputation. An unofficial team would overcomplicate something we do not necessarily need, being that GangRP is just one part of the server and should not require many to run it (that's why there's only one crime faction lead). The idea of having a thread/guide to follow consulting BMD for killing permissions is actually a good idea if leniency did not exist within the BMD as well. I'm sure every single current BMD (including Minobu, Revra, Kaizer, Ruin, and myself) would EACH give a different answer if someone proposed a situation to us in regards to if something were killing permissions (regardless of what guidelines exist because there can be situations of vaguer variety that are proposed to us (this is something frequent that the staff team actually deals with and we oftentimes have to consult each other to assure that our responses are adequate)) or not.

My experience with the staff team (as briefly aforementioned in the former paragraph) is the evidence to me that the system of consulting a certain group of players or staff members would not be sufficient — at least, as nearly sufficient as what we're trying to achieve with consented killing permissions. We would still be promoting forced character death and I definitely believe some people would be unfairly targeted by more dangerous players if they were to make a simple call on whether or not something was killing permissions (I am speaking from experience — there are some wild people in the community who have threatened my wellbeing over literal Minecraft GangRP. It is ridiculous. Nobody signs up for that part of the server and I would not want to impose it on anyone else). The whole concept of "nobody signs up for that part" is a great thing to mention within these updates and the overall perspective of the people we've mentioned: staff, lore team, an unofficial team to decide killing permissions, or BMD.

If I'm suddenly giving them a new responsibility that they did not originally plan for when joining that faction of the server, that responsibility befalls unto me. Updates of this kind where someone would always have to consult a staff member always prove the same thing — consider how some of the SLT are DMed when they fire a person in-character, consider how I am DMed about how I treated a GangRP situation, consider how Yonio is DMed about a character's arrest. . .obviously, you can't literally consider it being that you haven't seen those DMs; but, it's just a needless add-on to the stresses of staff currently. Yes, that staff member can just leave the team, but it is still unfair to impose that on someone. This suggestion also helps avoid those circumstances. Not every staff member, lore team member, or BMD is fit for such a responsibility. These are entire characters with backgrounds and sometimes years worth of lore within SchoolRP; putting their fate in the hands of one person who could easily be targeted and treated as a horrible staff member or whatnot because of said decision is unnecessary. The whole point of this spiel is that we would still be forcing character death. That is an issue within GangRP.

I've explained several times throughout my replies how this suggestion does affect the entire server. Yes, it will affect GangRP greatly and arguably the most of all factions; but, it still is going to reap benefits within other factions of the server. You've read the replies of others, I'm assuming — we have people who are replying, stating that they would actually choose to involve themselves in GangRP for once if this suggestion were implemented. These are the people who care about their characters and the writing that goes behind it. This is not a bad thing. I'm also going to assume that you have read my replies too — which is why I'm not going to re-explain how this affects the entire server in positive ways. Once more, you can check the other pages and CTRL+F for my name to seek them yourself.

Idealistically, a group that decides killing permissions and if their motives are valid would be a great compromise; but, it's just not one that would befit the server. We would be forcing a new guideline onto people who did not originally sign up for this kind of thing, we would force them to deal with situations that they may not be most knowledgeable about (such as DMing the shrine faction lead or something about something crime-related), we would still be FORCING people to kill off their characters (regardless of if they were consented), and we would be adding an unnecessary roadblock to roleplay that ultimately hinders the experience rather than benefiting it (I would not argue, either, that the re-evaluation of killing permissions is considered an "unnecessary roadblock" either, if that's what you're thinking — read my other replies).

Again, however, I do appreciate all of this feedback! I'm happy that you and others who have given their insight are now belonging to a massive change that takes place on the server. Once more, I am grateful to you & I wish you the best. Take care!!!

Metsu said:
The problem isn’t people not having time to action, it’s people don’t WANT to action, the people that do can and will still action. The problem is no lore killing, adding members of the community allowed to grant character kill does not take away from lore killing

(Also, a smaller thing since this was a small reply & I've addressed it: we would still be promoting forced killing. Read the above if you need a better elaboration upon that.)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
also, the only reason a player would feel no risk when gangrping currently is that they don't consider their characters in a legitimate light as real people who should have real reactions to these events. You should feel fear that your character might end up severely damaged. If your character loses an arm, it isn't happy fun fun time. It is tons of time in the hospital and an entire new diminished walk of life from then on. There are massive consequences per injury that you need to consider ICly

Last edited:

Lizalopod

Level 130
Massive -1
If you can't see the benefits of the current regime then perhaps take a gander and look at quite literally any other roleplaying community. SRP's interpretation of kill permissions were awful beforehand. Granted it isn't perfect now but it is a lot, lot better.

I feel like nobody read https://schoolrp.net/threads/feedback-kill-permissions-re-evaluation.51576/ at all and that is an exhausting thought.

Here's a quote from the thread.
This.

By the looks of it, people are saying that Major perms just are too easy to overcome and too easy to use. Shouldn't the solution be fixing major permissions instead? Otherwise we aren't really focusing on the problem, just bringing back another problem.

If we forced people with prosthetics to actually roleplay them out, along with making majors more impactful yet harder to achieve, I (in my opinion) think it would strike a balance.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’d like to point out this has nothing to do with “not reading hebwig’s thread”. I myself was on board with the re-evaluation. However, after letting it sit for 3 months, myself and several others that initially agreed with hebwig, including hebwig herself, now dislike the idea of consented KPS. It was never a matter of “not reading a thread initially”, rather a change in opinion!

I understand not everyone is going to have the same opinion as myself and several others who agree with the thread and that’s perfectly fine! I avidly enjoyed hearing the remaining opinions on this thread honest, however my opinion will not change :)

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
I’d like to point out this has nothing to do with “not reading hebwig’s thread”. I myself was on board with the re-evaluation. However, after letting it sit for 3 months, myself and several others that initially agreed with hebwig, including hebwig herself, now dislike the idea of consented KPS. It was never a matter of “not reading a thread initially”, rather a change in opinion!

I understand not everyone is going to have the same opinion as myself and several others who agree with the thread and that’s perfectly fine! I avidly enjoyed hearing the remaining opinions on this thread honest, however my opinion will not change :)
This!

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
This.

By the looks of it, people are saying that Major perms just are too easy to overcome and too easy to use. Shouldn't the solution be fixing major permissions instead? Otherwise we aren't really focusing on the problem, just bringing back another problem.

If we forced people with prosthetics to actually roleplay them out, along with making majors more impactful yet harder to achieve, I (in my opinion) think it would strike a balance.
my thoughts exactly. The only reason people are feeling that the removal of kps has made roleplaying anti-climatic is that they do not choose to roleplay correctly and actually pursue the motion of effects that a character could undergo when suffering an intense injury or any of the actual intricacies.

really the only time where kps would make sense is when consented to, or during a gang war -- which is the current system, a good system

I could see a potential gangrp barring system or the reintroduction of NLR (perhaps eli/minobu will read this n talk more about that). Something that acts as an OOC fear like being temporarily barred to gangrp or something like that.

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
+1
I read some of the replies and no offense to anyone but i believe you guys havent even read the full suggestion yet, please read it before actually jumping on infi like a mad man with an ak-47 as if she wanted the return of original kps. She only suggested that some of the ways to get kps should be brought back and i completely agree with this. For those who say "ur gangrping with the wrong people if they cant consent or rp properly" gangrp isnt all about yakuza and delinquent stuff dude, plus, its extremely hard for some players to be able to find fun in that, some people remove every single limb in your body and all you can do is "an eye for an eye" and remove theirs and hope for them not to do it again. The only major that works is stabbing peoples eyes and it became something like a /me stabs carotid. I also want to say that people often want to gangroleplay with OTHER people instead of the same people that knows how to rp 'perfectly'

If your character loses an arm, it isn't happy fun fun time. It is tons of time in the hospital and an entire new diminished walk of life from then on
I apologise to burst the dream bubble but im afraid 90% of people who get majorex LITERALLY dont care and just go to hospital n come back.
The hospital is being used as if its a ripperdoc in cyberpunk 2077 but as a Lite edition, sure we cant get them epic shit but we can non-stop get prosthettic limbs and no1 wld care.
without losing Tobias to people. He’s brash, and talks a big game. I dont want him to die because of the way he was written
Hope you know that no1 is gonna kill your character over a minor perms, they will only if you hire a hitman, major an important limb/body part n stuff. There are ALOT of ways to avoid kps too, attires exist, karakura might seem small for you guys roleplay abilities but its actually a big map with an underground sewer system (where bmd hides btw :OOO) and you literally just have to do is get on a place no1 wld bother to check.
The only reason people are feeling that the removal of kps has made roleplaying anti-climatic is that they do not choose to roleplay correctly and actually pursue the motion of effects that a character could undergo when suffering an intense injury or any of the actual intricacies.
Like i said, most people do not really care for the injuries. Also please remember that its not bringing kps back entirely its just adding more ways so that the people who gangrp is able to do more stuff and actually makes it worth looking at their gang activity.

also if this suggestiom were to be added even i might would come back just to have some fun every now n then.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1
I read some of the replies and no offense to anyone but i believe you guys havent even read the full suggestion yet, please read it before actually jumping on infi like a mad man with an ak-47 as if she wanted the return of original kps. She only suggested that some of the ways to get kps should be brought back and i completely agree with this. For those who say "ur gangrping with the wrong people if they cant consent or rp properly" gangrp isnt all about yakuza and delinquent stuff dude, plus, its extremely hard for some players to be able to find fun in that, some people remove every single limb in your body and all you can do is "an eye for an eye" and remove theirs and hope for them not to do it again. The only major that works is stabbing peoples eyes and it became something like a /me stabs carotid. I also want to say that people often want to gangroleplay with OTHER people instead of the same people that knows how to rp 'perfectly'

I apologise to burst the dream bubble but im afraid 90% of people who get majorex LITERALLY dont care and just go to hospital n come back.
The hospital is being used as if its a ripperdoc in cyberpunk 2077 but as a Lite edition, sure we cant get them epic shit but we can non-stop get prosthettic limbs and no1 wld care.

Hope you know that no1 is gonna kill your character over a minor perms, they will only if you hire a hitman, major an important limb/body part n stuff. There are ALOT of ways to avoid kps too, attires exist, karakura might seem small for you guys roleplay abilities but its actually a big map with an underground sewer system (where bmd hides btw :OOO) and you literally just have to do is get on a place no1 wld bother to check.

Like i said, most people do not really care for the injuries. Also please remember that its not bringing kps back entirely its just adding more ways so that the people who gangrp is able to do more stuff and actually makes it worth looking at their gang activity.

also if this suggestiom were to be added even i might would come back just to have some fun every now n then.
yeah no i absolutely get that -- that is how a lot of players operate currently, and that's what I'm saying shouldn't be the case going forward.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
my thoughts exactly. The only reason people are feeling that the removal of kps has made roleplaying anti-climatic is that they do not choose to roleplay correctly and actually pursue the motion of effects that a character could undergo when suffering an intense injury or any of the actual intricacies.

really the only time where kps would make sense is when consented to, or during a gang war -- which is the current system, a good system

I could see a potential gangrp barring system or the reintroduction of NLR (perhaps eli/minobu will read this n talk more about that). Something that acts as an OOC fear like being temporarily barred to gangrp or something like that.
I would love to note that there is no one way of roleplaying!

Ruin

Level 104
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I would love to note that there is no one way of roleplaying!
Forreal! No1 is blocking you from how YOU wanna roleplay, people just want to have OTHER ways to roleplay. Rolling combat / simple roleplay still counts as a way of roleplaying!

Users who are viewing this thread