mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Business Roleplay Suggestion

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 14/3/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A more organized business roleplay and economy with reallistic taxes and possible tax evasion and money laundering
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
To begin with I believe that it would be way more interesting if selling items/cars had taxes. For example selling items in the Auction house would have a tax meaning that sellers wont get full profit... This will leave room for an "illegal" market where people may sell items/cars untaxed for lower prices and make faster profit... Also it would be even more interesting if the ic goverment could detect possible illegal money therefore people would have to get creative with laundering money. For example if a highschool student is seen cashing out at expensive stores all the time, driving really expensive cars and basically being way too rich without having a specific job then they could possibly face jail time or big fines depending on their balance. This would also bring a new aspect to crimminal roleplay as weapon dealers will also have to figure creative ways of hidding/excusing their income and it would generally make legal and illegal business roleplay more interesting. It would also give players the choice to do illegal sales for lower prices than legal ones with tax and make more profit with a risk.

OYOL

Level 12
A more organized business roleplay and economy
+1. I like the idea of having more opportunity and business type roles and jobs. Though, there was a suggestion made about adding more job roles. There will be more in the future, soon hopefully

adalynoc

Level 109
adalynoc
adalynoc
Omega+
Neutral
My only issue with this, is not all players make money icly. Many people including myself take comissions/do work for massive amounts of icly money. All of these transactions are agreed apon oocly. It wouldnt be very fair to punish people icly who are extremely rich because they have a lot of money via OOC tailor/build commissions.

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I could see a certain percentage of auction houses sales being tax paid depending on the price being sold. For example;

0-10k profit = 0% tax

11-30k profit = 3% tax

31-60k profit = 5% ta

61-100k profit = 7% tax

101k+ = 12% tax

tax would of course automatically be taken out upon the player receiving the money from selling the item

Edit: apparently auction house does have a tax system so nvm

philbertman42

Level 134
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't think business roleplay needs to be more in-depth than it already is, seeing as though the primary focus of the server is school. While what we currently have may not be perfect, in the context of this server, it's good enough.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A more organized business roleplay and economy with reallistic taxes and possible tax evasion and money laundering
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: To begin with I believe that it would be way more interesting if selling items/cars had taxes. For example selling items in the Auction house would have a tax meaning that sellers wont get full profit... This will leave room for an "illegal" market where people may sell items/cars untaxed for lower prices and make faster profit... Also it would be even more interesting if the ic goverment could detect possible illegal money therefore people would have to get creative with laundering money. For example if a highschool student is seen cashing out at expensive stores all the time, driving really expensive cars and basically being way too rich without having a specific job then they could possibly face jail time or big fines depending on their balance. This would also bring a new aspect to crimminal roleplay as weapon dealers will also have to figure creative ways of hidding/excusing their income and it would generally make legal and illegal business roleplay more interesting. It would also give players the choice to do illegal sales for lower prices than legal ones with tax and make more profit with a risk.
Hello! Figured I'd be able to touch on the points you've made here and respond:

- Auction House Tax = This already exists! You get taxed a very small amount whenever you sell something on the auction house, meaning trading ICly means you make more money (its something silly like 5%-10% if that)

- Custom vehicles can no longer be sold to other players for IC yen, so that part could be cool, but not allowed anymore unfortunately.

- Love the idea of players having "dirty money" and a sort of SRP IRS comes looking for them when they have suspicious activity on their bank account, but this is SchoolRP at the end of the day, and that should be the primary focus.

- Tax evasion & fines- This already exists in the form of players who own properties and Shopkeepers, they all have to pay tax on the rent that they earn from their tenants aswell as those shopkeepers have to pay a percentage of their gross income as tax then can distribute the rest to restock etc.

- Altogether I like the suggestion, but I can't see it being added as it'll just further take away from the School aspect of SchoolRP. We arguably have a lot that is not centered around the school and having more criminal activities could definitely spice things up, but it'd ruin the server's economy even further I feel if we added some form of money laundering which would just make the rich richer and the poor- more poor.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
-1 mostly

A long time ago on a feedback post I jokingly wrote something like "realism isn't great when it gets to the point you're roleplay out taxes" and I still stand by that. I don't think we should tweak the current tax system, it works out well and it's simple enough while still being effective.

As for money laundering and whatnot? You can already do it like Nylu said, maybe not in the way you're imagining it but the main issue is it's difficult to have a laundering scheme if no one has anything so expensive they want to go to the dark side to fund it. The black market already functions as an underground "tax-free" (they still get taxed i think?) system. The main issue with the suggestion is that it'd be really difficult to moderate *every* characters expenses, but as a standalone character/event thing I think it sounds awesome. Just not practical in the long term.

Something else to think about, more regulation (on prices, on taxes, etc) tends to lead to more complication as well. This is a minecraft server I don't want to calculate SALES TAXES. It adds nothing fun and kinda hinders the experience especially if you're the cashier.

cho0ii

Level 171
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
A large amount of what is being suggested already exists.

Ruin

Level 101
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I could see a certain percentage of auction houses sales being tax paid depending on the price being sold. For example;

0-10k profit = 0% tax

11-30k profit = 3% tax

31-60k profit = 5% ta

61-100k profit = 7% tax

101k+ = 12% tax

tax would of course automatically be taken out upon the player receiving the money from selling the item

Edit: apparently auction house does have a tax system so nvm
stop trying to add tax to everything I literally hated 40% of fight club bc of its heavy tax

Ruin

Level 101
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A more organized business roleplay and economy with reallistic taxes and possible tax evasion and money laundering
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: To begin with I believe that it would be way more interesting if selling items/cars had taxes. For example selling items in the Auction house would have a tax meaning that sellers wont get full profit... This will leave room for an "illegal" market where people may sell items/cars untaxed for lower prices and make faster profit... Also it would be even more interesting if the ic goverment could detect possible illegal money therefore people would have to get creative with laundering money. For example if a highschool student is seen cashing out at expensive stores all the time, driving really expensive cars and basically being way too rich without having a specific job then they could possibly face jail time or big fines depending on their balance. This would also bring a new aspect to crimminal roleplay as weapon dealers will also have to figure creative ways of hidding/excusing their income and it would generally make legal and illegal business roleplay more interesting. It would also give players the choice to do illegal sales for lower prices than legal ones with tax and make more profit with a risk.
no
u guys dont know how it felt to pay tax on two different things and now ppl cant even sell their ic car which is extremely annoyin + stupid + probably the worst decision ever made (next to removal of few weapons / harsh nerf to kps / goofiest weapon stats / estate & tower tax)

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread