godsfavourite
godsfavourite
Notable
IGN: Voedka
DATE: 7/26/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Allowing players to surpass the cps limit of 15
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

As you might know the cps limit for the tournaments and click based sports is now limited to 15 and using a method that gets you more cps above that is not allowed. There are multiple clicking methods that actually shouldn't be banned but I want to specifically talk about butterfly clicking. It's simply using two fingers instead of one to click twice as fast as you might with one finger. Using this method and with hella lots of practice you can easily get anywhere between 13 all the way to even 18 cps if you are fast enough, but averagely you can say 14 cps. The reason butterfly is currently banned is because it's deemed as "unfair" which is not true because anyone, with any mouse and any pc can practice and be good at butterfly clicking with no limitations at all. Simply what needs to be done is removing the "15 cps limit" and making 20 as a limit, because I can fairly say that reaching 20 cps with butterfly clicking or any legit clicking is almost impossible and I doubt it will cause issues with anyone.
"Before you blame the technique, first tame your practice; for in the realm of sports, it's diligence that unveils fairness."

Ayouub

Level 11
godsfavourite
godsfavourite
Notable
Bro if u legit complain about butterfly clicking that's a big skill issue ngl

KingSaiko

Level 6
I get around 10 CPS and destroy almost everyone in bball, so I definitely do think anymore than 15 is unnecessary. I think that anyone who goes above that cap should not be punished, but it should act as if they have 15 cps when they reach over it basically.

Butterfly clicking shouldn't get banned. CPS is a big factor in minecraft PVP and some people can pass 15 cps. I agree with the cap, but only agree if the cap just makes ppl who over it, revert to 15 cps.

Last edited:

markoos

Level 28
Why are people against this? I easily hit about 12-16 when jitter clicking. I'm not in the sport so I'm not going to pretend I have a say in this but like what

tong

Level 70
psychoment
psychoment
Rich
lol no

i am not wasting my time to learn a technique that boosts my cps by 2 + stamina exists

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable

omg i got a world record guys

Lazeas

Level 47
Why are people against this? I easily hit about 12-16 when jitter clicking. I'm not in the sport so I'm not going to pretend I have a say in this but like what
try keeping over 15 cps with just one finger during an entire basketball match

markoos

Level 28
try keeping over 15 cps with just one finger during an entire basketball match
going to state again i dont have a say because im not in the sport, but speaking as someone who has a good cps, and from the glimpse ive seen from that screenshot, wouldnt even a burst of 15 cps be enough to exclude you?

Lazeas

Level 47
going to state again i dont have a say because im not in the sport, but speaking as someone who has a good cps, and from the glimpse ive seen from that screenshot, wouldnt even a burst of 15 cps be enough to exclude you?
i dont think a burst of 15 cps would get you banned

EnderBubs

Level 57

No point to even do this. It’s perfectly fine as it is and the limit is to prevent cheats as well which can be detected like auto clicker and such. 15 cps is already a pretty high amount no need for it to be any higher

Lizalopod

Level 130
dude this aint minecraft bedwars, its a rp server

id rather not need to destroy my wrist to be competitive, if anything the clicking limit should be an average persons click rate, 15 is pretty dang high

Nalyija

Level 5

Whilst it is obvious that modifying your keybinds through a third party software or just straight up making a macro or using an autoclicker is considered an Unfair Advantage.

You have to take the people that know how to click fast into consideration, yes, it might seem pretty unfair that someone can easily outclick someone by 4-7 or more CPS to absolutely dominate their opponent. But that's just their human ability/skill to click faster. Sure.. Double clicking is an unfair advantage itself, I don't like it myself as someone who's spent a fair share amount of time within the competitive MC community. That should not be allowed. But players who can prove that they are not using any assistance to have high CPS should be left alone.

If you think about it.. It makes sense in Roleplay as well. Someone's character might just be faster than yours, way harder to keep up with. Within these IC sports, we have to remember that the advantages we have OOCly are also IC. Some may be frowned upon but it is still something worth bowing down to. I personally respect people that are capable of jitterclicking 14 plus CPS for extended periods of time; it is something that's hard to gain control of without having brutal muscle spasms and such.

Despite all of this, I understand that there's a difference between a competitive gamemode and a Roleplay sports mi****me. But my opinion still stands; do not allow players to modify their debounce time and make them keep it as default. (10 MS) anything lower should be considered an Unfair Advantage. Whilst it is something hard to check. It is definitely possible!

I will also provide a screenshot of me achieving 19 CPS jitterclick (WITHOUT DECREASED DEBOUNCE TIME!)

To the posts above..
dude this aint minecraft bedwars, its a rp server

id rather not need to destroy my wrist to be competitive, if anything the clicking limit should be an average persons click rate, 15 is pretty dang high

You genuinely don't have to destroy your wrist over the game, you can alter for an easier clicking mechanic to achieve high CPS such as drag-clicking.
Also.. About Bedwars. Most players averagely click around 8-11 clicks per second. You'll rarely find a good player with high CPS. Trust me on that one.
If you want to fight people with high cps, play ranked duels.​

No point to even do this. It’s perfectly fine as it is and the limit is to prevent cheats as well which can be detected like auto clicker and such. 15 cps is already a pretty high amount no need for it to be any higher
Trust me.. There have been cases of people cheating with 11-13 cps. You can believe me on that.​
i dont think a burst of 15 cps would get you banned
Assuming that SRP has a clicker checker.. Yes it could.

The check would compare the click packets you're sending with the ones you sent before. Due to the sudden change in many aspects, including general click value, the pattern you click in and such. If you were to suddenly chance this pattern and value.. You'd flag checks one after another, I've seen many people get false banned for these checks; Especially if I take into consideration that I made an Anticheat a few months ago and tested this very problem. I even tried to patch it but failed miserably. If you plan on clicking on a certain value, don't change it between high and low too constantly. The checks will not like that.
Bro if u legit complain about butterfly clicking that's a big skill issue ngl
Butterfly clicking is generally frowned upon due to the overall simplicity of it, no statistics on the internet will ever show it's true simplicity. As someone who butterflied for a short amount of time, it is far easier than any other clicking method. I understand if you keep your debounce time at default to not give yourself an unfair advantage, other than that, butterfly clicking is something I do not like.. Alongside many others.

Welp.. I'll be heading out now, I'll be responding to any questions & arguments tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread