kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: circusjax
What's the title of your suggestion?: Changing the Default Font

What's your suggestion?:
Honestly, I have no clue if this is a feature/setting but I'm giving it a shot. I think it'd be a nice forum feature if we could set our preferences when it comes to text font. My to-text font is Times New Roman, which majority of the time I use for applications on here and such. However, I sometimes find it annoying having to change it to Times New Roman every single time. Which is why this feature could come into play. Add a setting where the user can set what default font they'd like.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It'd save the hassle of changing the font the user wants, every time they make a post.

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
just use a texture pack.

The one I use is the 'Modern Font'. I recommend checking it out on curse-forge!

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
i timed myself with how long it took for me to change the font of this text.

it took 6.24 seconds.

this isnt necessary

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

it took 6.24 seconds.

this isnt necessary
Of course it’s not necessary. I just think it’d be a neat feature if this was added. I mean you did change your font of the text but think about changing it every single time you make a post. But if this neat little feature is added it’d save time from changing the font every single time you want to make a post. Bc you’d have your preferred font already set to the default you’d want it to be rather than Arial. Again this isn’t like super necessary but I am giving a shot on this.

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I dont really see this being necessary as you can just change it before you start typing

zegevlier

Level 25
Community Team
Developer

it took 6.24 seconds.

this isnt necessary
You are completely right, using anything but the default font is not necessary! :D

Joking aside, I find almost all cases where people change the font much more difficult to read. Especially for long bits of text, I am much more likely to not read it if you use anything but the default font. If anything, I would suggest getting rid of all other fonts.
Big -1 from me

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

Users who are viewing this thread