cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
IGN:

cho0ii

DATE:

29/10/23 | 10/29/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Allowing players to have a faction role and team/council role on one account. Now, wait before you put a -1 and actually read my reasonings to this change.

1. Factions that earn you money

It is common knowledge that you do not make money for being in council, or sports teams, however you can make such money from being in factions, etc. Yes, players can make money through alternative ways, such as tailoring, writing, building, art, or working at a shop, however. This is not a concrete way of making money, the amount you make per month can vary, and even with shops it isn't guaranteed you will end up doing a shift even once a month, due to time zones, prioritising other workers or simply the shop owner is busy at the current time. Factions offer a solid way of making money, and if you have the time and put the effort in, you can make a lot within a month, and can actually estimate how much you will make so you can actually figure out what you can buy with such money. With alternative forms of earning money, this is variable. Allowing players to have a faction and team on their account means they can have a reliable source of income, while still enjoying the fun of being on the team on say their alt profile. "But Choi, what about people taking up so many spaces with the factions and players not being able to get spots in the factions because of it." Simple. When trying out for teams, priority can be given to those without a faction on that account so those with a faction aren't taking up spaces. Simple, easy, and takes asking one question at the beginning of tryouts.

2. The expense of Alternative accounts

I don't know about you, but if I had only one account, and it was sports team, and I had no other way of earning money I would resort to buying an alt account. Now, buying an alt is a pricey expense, where I live its around £30 for an alt account, and £12 for at least fundraiser+ (which is the suggested rank to have on the server so players have access to /feed), so in total, I would have to pay the grand total of £42 for an alt account so I could simply make money on a server. Now, yes, I have an alt account, with Rich on it, however the only reason I have been able to have this luxury is because I can draw art (I earnt the alt account through art commissions), and the alt account had already come with the appropriate upgrades. As for my main, I made a total of 4 skins, so I could achieve Rich+ on that account. I wouldn't of been able to do such, unless I was skilled enough to draw and make skins. For other players, it comes straight out of pocket, or from their parents, who really wouldn't want to spend £30 on a minecraft server (at least mine do not). Allowing this to happen means that players do not have to spend mass amounts on alt accounts just so they can be on a team or on student council. "But what about the server!! The server needs more money so they can work on the new map or upgrades to the server." Lets face it the new map is a myth, a conspiracy theory its never coming end of convo. But upgrades to the server, yes will happen. However, players with only one account are bound to spend money on upgrades so they can access more things, and along with custom items/vehicles, gesture packs, animal whitelists, discord server channels, discord emoji's, creative server upgrades and more, I think RPH has a steady flow of income if you ask me... So, allowing players to have a team/council along with a faction such as KPD or teacher on the same account is reasonable.

How would this work?

Players are given a standard main character profile and one alternative profile (more being purchasable with upgrades). What I suggest, is that someone can have one alternative profile with a team/council on it, and can have their main profile with a faction role. This should be limited to one account only though, players are only allowed to be council or on a team on one account anyway. Those who have a faction on their account already will have a lower chance of getting into a team, and vise versa.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

1. We don't have to spend £30 - £42 on an alt account just for a role that won't earn us money.
2. Players with a lower income of money IRL will still be able to earn money on SRP and enjoy teams.
3. The possibility of one player having too many factions will be miniscule if those without factions are prioritized in tryouts and applications.
4. I can have a faction on my alt account and not worry about paying £42 for another alt.​

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 You should only have 1 account in a faction per Minecraft account. Your idea of getting an alternate account to join another faction shouldn't be the goal of earning money ICly, it should be for the roleplay.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
-1 You should only have 1 account in a faction per Minecraft account. Your idea of getting an alternate account to join another faction shouldn't be the goal of earning money ICly, it should be for the roleplay.
Yes, although roleplaying is a big part of it (The only reason I'm in my current faction is for roleplay) earning money also is. However, players being limited to only being able to roleplay in one faction, and not be able to experience any other factions purely because they aren't able to afford an alternative account. I said to only limit it to Team/Council, because these are not major factions and other players could still have the opportunity to join the larger factions.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Yes, although roleplaying is a big part of it (The only reason I'm in my current faction is for roleplay) earning money also is. However, players being limited to only being able to roleplay in one faction, and not be able to experience any other factions purely because they aren't able to afford an alternative account. I said to only limit it to Team/Council, because these are not major factions and other players could still have the opportunity to join the larger factions.
Still a -1. You're dedicating time to that faction by being a part of it, regardless of the size of a faction, they require a lot of time and effort to be put into it, and that definitely shouldn't be discredited due to a smaller size, one faction per account is definitely more than reasonable.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Still a -1. You're dedicating time to that faction by being a part of it, regardless of the size of a faction, they require a lot of time and effort to be put into it, and that definitely shouldn't be discredited due to a smaller size, one faction per account is definitely more than reasonable.
I am not saying that you need to dedicate lesser time to the smaller faction. I don't see how having two accounts means that you dedicate more time to the faction. Having one account would do the exact same.

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
+1 Okay, listen. I agree with the faction idea but it's such a minor thing and has no effect, why is it such an issue? Rowan meant that via not making money, why should it be such an issue? While yes you are "Not dedicating yourself to the faction" (random reference), look at a TON of players who are in like 4+ factions?! They will still be in the faction anyways, just in an easier way! So then why is it an issue? I know some of my personal friends who are staff and not staff have multiple characters in varying factions. So I leave this with, what's the issue?

UhmMoe

Level 30
UhmMoe
UhmMoe
Notable
Why? what's the main reasoning for this?
think about it like having the ability to alternate between factions to aid yourself like with KPD and EMS.
I personally think having those two factions on the same account would be overwhelming and give you the advantage in some scenarios if that makes sense. And I understand where you're coming from and why you're making the suggestion but I just don't think it would be very fitting unless restrictions were put into place. and also along with what Nozinth said.
so -1

Lazeas

Level 47
think about it like having the ability to alternate between factions to aid yourself like with KPD and EMS.
I personally think having those two factions on the same account would be overwhelming and give you the advantage in some scenarios if that makes sense. And I understand where you're coming from and why you're making the suggestion but I just don't think it would be very fitting unless restrictions were put into place. and also along with what Nozinth said.
so -1
we'll you'd be sort of right, not fully because it would be harder to aid yourself oocly if your faction roles are on the same account, but also the suggestion said having one faction role (the ones that have a salary, teacher/ems/kpd/ect) and having one student faction role (counciller, club leader, sport team) should be allowed on one account with /character. I agree with that since I don't see anything negative with having them on one account

DarkEclipic

Level 159
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

I get that if someone wants to be a faculty role and also want to be in a sport, but only have one account. You shouldn't Join a faction for the money, you should want to join it because you WANT to be part of that community within SRP. Not just for the 'money' or 'because people want me to' or something along those lines. Join it because you want to be part of that experience and not for money

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

I get that if someone wants to be a faculty role and also want to be in a sport, but only have one account. You shouldn't Join a faction for the money, you should want to join it because you WANT to be part of that community within SRP. Not just for the 'money' or 'because people want me to' or something along those lines. Join it because you want to be part of that experience and not for money
This suggestion isn't particularly about the money, its solely a reference as to why it should be okay! And to what someone else said about the using it as an advantage.... that's already against the rules and should be reported ! Anyone could do that solely by switching accounts

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Not just for the 'money' or 'because people want me to' or something along those lines. Join it because you want to be part of that experience and not for money
Liz, I understand what you mean but please read my replies to NoZinth.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
This suggestion isn't particularly about the money, its solely a reference as to why it should be okay! And to what someone else said about the using it as an advantage.... that's already against the rules and should be reported ! Anyone could do that solely by switching accounts
People can also just have both accounts open on their computer. Having it on two accounts doesn't fix the problem.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Yes this is a thing, but wouldn't this be a problem anyway since people have alternative profiles in the factions and actively use them anyway? Having a team would make no difference.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Negative reason 1: You should Join factions for the experience and not the money

Yes, this is true. It shouldn't all be about the money. However I am not saying factions are purely for money, I am saying having just a team role and no other way of income puts players with lower IRL income who can't afford alt accounts at a disadvantage to more skilled or higher income players. Lets put this into a scenario:

Player A has a job, and can buy themself many alt accounts with factions so they can earn money easily.

Player B however, is a high school student with no actual source of income, and their family doesn't want to spend £42 for a minecraft alt account.

Because of this, Player B, who also cannot write, tailor, draw, build, etc, is at a disadvantage when it comes to money, and experiencing roleplay, purely because they come from a place of lower income. And to add to this, Player A is making millions a month with their many alt accounts, while also getting to experience grander roleplay.

Do you see why I have an issue? It's not all about money, but its about making players at least feel semi-equal so they aren't left to fend for themselves for money and spend many many hours online (which may I add people can't usually do because of school or work) to simply make enough money to buy a ID card. Do you see the issue? It also means that player A, gets to experience more role plays because they have multiple alt accounts. So, saying that this shouldn't be added because players should join for roleplay and not for money, still doesn't change anything.

Negative reason 2: You wont be able to dedicate enough time to the faction

Uh huh... And you can do that with two accounts? I don't see how having one account with two factions means you dedicate less time. Surely it would be less time dedicated with alt accounts if we're taking into account (get it? cuz we're talking about accounts?) the time it takes to switch from one account to the other?

The reasoning makes no sense. Why are we so against just allowing players to be on a team/council and in a faction?

Negative reason 3: People will pass information and have advantages if we add this

.... And you can't already do this with an alternative profile which is grade-12 or any other role?

Users who are viewing this thread