mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Chess plugin

What's your Minecraft Username?: Jihyuu
What's the title of your suggestion?: Chess plugin

What's your suggestion?:
My suggestion is to implement a chess plugin. This will a great mi****me on the server especially those who doesnt have anyone to roleplay with and are overall bored especially during school time. I often find myself bored, not knowing what to do on school grounds, not wanting to play dodgeball, basketball etc. This will also open more doors to roleplay opportunities such as a chess club and hosting chess tournaments just like bobcats vs spartans sports tournaments are hosted.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
As I said, it gives room to more roleplay opportunities. Of course, there are other methods to play chess with 3rd party programs but implementing an actual plugin on the server and playing ICly while others can watch your moves and how you play, makes the roleplay feel more alive.

SillyRainbows

Level 5
What's your Minecraft Username?: Jihyuu
What's the title of your suggestion?: Chess plugin

What's your suggestion?:
My suggestion is to implement a chess plugin. This will a great mi****me on the server especially those who doesnt have anyone to roleplay with and are overall bored especially during school time. I often find myself bored, not knowing what to do on school grounds, not wanting to play dodgeball, basketball etc. This will also open more doors to roleplay opportunities such as a chess club and hosting chess tournaments just like bobcats vs spartans sports tournaments are hosted.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
As I said, it gives room to more roleplay opportunities. Of course, there are other methods to play chess with 3rd party programs but implementing an actual plugin on the server and playing ICly while others can watch your moves and how you play, makes the roleplay feel more alive.

The censored word is "Mini game"

Ruin

Level 112
Ruin06
Ruin06
Notable+
I dont have knowledge in development so I cant say much, sounds like a cool idea however I dont know if this would get implemented

philbertman42

Level 143
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Having non-roleplay related diversions on the server is cool and fun, but only if it's something simple and straightforward that everyone can enjoy. With volleyball, you just hit the ball over the net and don't let it touch the ground. Dodgeball, you hit the guys on the other side, and don't let them hit you. Chess? A little more complicated.

I can't imagine many people will be regularly playing chess on SRP, at least not enough to warrant implementing a plugin for it.

DarkEclipic

Level 166
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
+1
if possible, yes. if it isnt possible, then just roleplaying it out is quite simple

JeremyLobo

Level 33
__jeremylobo
__jeremylobo
Omega+
-1/+1 While this would be cool, a chest board is an 8x8 grid. A Minecraft double chest (which is what they use for the mini games) is 9x6. Which unless they added a way to play the game going onto your inventory, I don't see this as possible in the future.

Joe.exe

Level 47
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
The chess board is 8*8, and the pixels of a square are 16*16. We put the four squares together to get a 32*32 platform, and allocate 4*4 pixels to each square of the chess, Each chess piece is allocate 2*2 pixels, well, perfect!

Arocatula

Level 194
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
They add a lot of cool plugins that I never knew could be added into Minecraft, I have a feeling this is possible, +1 with the idea in general so we get more of a variety of little activities to do in the server.

-kam

Level 100
-1 purely because it wouldnt be used. such as games on phones icly. its vey rare that they are used, and if they are they rarely enhance rp

robinzee

Level 29
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I understand there some people may have an interest in this kinda stuff, but ultimately it's a lot of work for one game.

Even disregarding the size limitations mentioned above, you still have to think about displaying strangely-shaped pieces -- I can see some regular building blocks being used for things like rooks and pawns, but what about more out-there designs, like the bishop, the king or the queen? And, keep in mind, there have to be two colour variants of these items, black and white. Also, Chess is a pretty complex thing to code (at least for me), and especially considering Minecraft's limitations... well, it can be done if one sets their mind to it, but it would take time away from already in-progress things or projects higher up on the priority list for multiple teams, since it wouldn't just be a GUI thing, but would also have modellers on it most likely.

Maybe you can set up a chess board in-roleplay, make a chess.com match, play it out there, and act as if the result of the game is IC?

Last edited:

SigmaHater

Level 7
SigmaHater
SigmaHater
Notable+
+1/-1 I like the idea of having a new plugin so that we can actually play chess instead of resulting to sole roleplay for the result, I just don't see it getting used too often and it's occasional that you see people actually use it. So I'm the fence about it.

gmxr

Level 6
gmxr
gmxr
Omega
+1
Seems cool and I like chess so why not. I don't see many downsides to this, other then having to code in all of it. This could add another activity to do while roleplaying.

KimiNoUso

Level 343
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We may add a phone game in future, but an individual system won't be added.​

Users who are viewing this thread