mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Closing the school gates during school time

Vexosphere

Level 18
vexosphere
vexosphere
Notable
I'm mixed about this idea, like greenies are not really annoying when they just leave school grounds, it doesn't affect anyone. They just risk themself, that's on them. I don't even like the rule of being all the time on grounds, permission to skip school should be granted in easier way. (for example, if your character is sick ICly and they don't want go, or you are busy OOCly with building your apartment.) From the other hand, i understand why there is such a rule, because everyone would skip school when its the most important part of server, we're playing on SchoolRP.

MushyRP

Level 16
MushyRP
MushyRP
Omega+
I am mixed about this aswell, as it was once a thing and eventually was removed for some reason which I don't remember. I agree with what vexosphere said, as it doesn't really affect anyone but the failrp'er. Wasn't staff giving perms to skip school ICly a thing that people just Didn't use? I don't think there's really a reason to close the gates as it makes the roleplay a bit weirder and feel like we're in a jail. Again, it was a thing once and got removed a while back.

Neutral

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
I believe reason we kept the gates open is so the school doesn’t feel like a prison to players, an illusion of freedom if you will but a scenario that is forced

I’m as well mixed on opinions here as closing the gates would eliminate a lot of issues with new players but at the same time, it makes them feel trapped, like there’s nothing to explore

ErikFinster

Level 115
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I believe reason we kept the gates open is so the school doesn’t feel like a prison to players, an illusion of freedom if you will but a scenario that is forced

I’m as well mixed on opinions here as closing the gates would eliminate a lot of issues with new players but at the same time, it makes them feel trapped, like there’s nothing to explore
I agree with this one. It's one of those little things that would change the feel of the school tremendously.

Decisions only make sense when you have the choice to make them.
If you want to escape school and risk getting caught by staff, that is a choice.

But for all the good little students, its nice to see those open gates.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
What Customable said, it'll make people feel trapped. Realistically speaking, school doesn't shut down when it starts either, plus when people ditch it leads to consequences, so perhaps instead there can be an IC related policy on ditching.

Jay.

Level 13
jayharu
jayharu
Fundraiser+
+1

Maybe around 8AM to 8:30AM, the school gates could close, so it still allows players who live a good bit away from the school to walk in! I love the suggestion tho

TooManyDucks_

Level 20
-1 I've never understood why not skipping school was an ooc rule, people should just get punished icly for skipping instead

ethln

Level 7
-1 Just like Customable and others have said. Also what if we need to put away stuff in our apartments or grab something from our apartments?

ny00m

Level 19
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
I personally like the idea of locking the children in. Remind them of the freedom they don't have.

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+
What's your Minecraft Username?: _BritishAutism_
What's the title of your suggestion?: Closing the school gates during school time

What's your suggestion?:
During school time the gates should be shut.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It will reduce the number of failrpers and people who refuse to stay on school grounds during school hours. It's very frustrating having to continuously ask people to stay, yet they continue to break the rule.
+1 and -1.

First of all, sometimes. There will be a situation where EMS or KPD will have to enter school grounds, closing the school gates can cause issues with that and it'll be harder for people to host field trip classes. A way around this is by removing the rule entirely, but then people won't attend at all. This is a difficult problem to come around, so how exactly will they lock it? Will they just summon the gate forth using ninjtsu or magic powers? And be able to make the gate go up or down using technique's from the hidden leaf village???

TheMelonQueen1

Level 8
TheMelonWhoLived
TheMelonWhoLived
Omega+
Another note, Players who feel trapped, it only gives them more incentive to explore the school, without getting warned or teleported back. To close the gates like at night, might make them feel like they are in a prison, if there was just like the suspension barrier itll teleport you back so it looks like you aren’t trapped still enforcing said rule.

JustJuiceHex

Level 89
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+

We have a system reminding of School time and commands in the chat box to help players such as /spawn

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- Whilst it is against the rules to leave school during school time, we will not be closing the school gates during school time.​

Users who are viewing this thread