kpd.jpg
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

ClowningFace

Discord Name & Tag:
ClownFace#7767

Previous bans:
I was banned once on the server around a year and a half ago. The reason for the ban was excessive GoreRP, which I had appealed and it got accepted. I am truly sorry for the person who reported it and Tippie who had to deal with the situation. Looking back at it I realize how bad it was and how big of a mistake I made.

Describe your activity on the server:
Firstly I would like to say that I acknowledge the fact that I have not been very active on the server over the past couple of weeks. This is due to me looking back and realizing some of the more not mature moments I’ve had and figuring out how to fix them. I’ve completely changed my view of the server and how I’d like to get involved. The break I took has allowed me to also focus on myself as a person and get into a better mindset before trying to come back.

Moving away from that aspect I will say that I might not be the most active on the server, at least nowhere near what I was when I was first in KPD. This is because I’m on my school's volleyball team and joining a summer team so practices and games might take up some of my time preventing me from getting on to help with things. If needed I will gladly give my schedule away or inform whatever instructor is giving me my training as well as a higher-up if they need it. Adding on to this, I will be much freer over the summer and should be way more active.

Which timezone are you in?
EST, Eastern Time Zone

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Receptionist Application Denied
KPD Application V1 Accepted
KPD Application V2
Denied

What is your motivation for applying?:
My main reason for applying to KPD again is the fact that it was a ton of fun and a great experience, I would also like to include myself in the faction and felt as if after reflecting on my actions in the past I thought I had bettered myself and was ready to apply for KPD once more. I think that I learned a lot when in KPD and made a lot of great friends and good people that I think helped me better myself it also gave me a certain standard that I had to meet which acted as almost a personal check. I was a role model in the server I had different goals to work towards as well it gave me something to work towards and want to climb the ranks but in doing so I made mistakes that I regret and wish to make up for with a 2nd chance. Along with this I also wish to help with the faction and put in my effort to help stop criminals ICly.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have quite a vast amount of knowledge of KPD due to me having been inside the faction. Note that I will not be discussing basic things like ranks and utility but also leaving more deeper stuff out to prevent flooding this area.

Cadet Stages:
Firstly, what happens when you become a cadet? Well, it’s quite simple, you will first be given a very nice introduction to the discord supplied via Yonio where you will then give simple information like an email (for the spreadsheet), your IC phone number, IGN, forums name, requested call sign, and your timezone/country. After you log on you'll be teleported too or you should walk over towards the KPD building and will be given your tag along with your new age and items. From there a tour will be provided just so that you know where everything is and you can feel comfortable walking around the facility. After the introduction, you’ll have different training throughout the next month or so until you pass your evaluation and proceed with passing the Cadet Test.

CCTV:
I will say in advance that I am not familiar with the new CCTV that has been put into place but I do know the basics behind how it works. Firstly when using the CCTV I believe that you have to click a sign when in the room which then you can type in and say where you want to look. Sorry if that is wrong or half right since I’m unfamiliar with the new plug-in. What is CCTV used for? Well, it’s mainly used to track down and find individuals that are wanted or currently being man hunted for. It allows officers to check a wide variety of places while still being in the safety of the KPD.

Quotas:
Quotas are how the members of the faction get paid. There are various ways to earn quota points ranging from things like arrests to making government documentation. Quotas don’t only show the higher-ups how much they need that month but also how active you are. The more quota points you get the more active you probably are. A complete paycheck would be if you had gotten a total of 40/40 points which isn’t too difficult but you will still have to be active to reach it.

Emergency Levels:
There are various emergency levels that determine what you are allowed to do and what you’re not. There are 4 different levels 1 being the lowest giving you the most freedom and 4 being the highest giving the least amount of freedom. Things that change within the levels are how many people are required for a patrol and calls involving weapons, along with whether you can use riot gear. The different emergency levels can change depending on how active the crime is and how often an officer is in danger.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The police faction plays a crucial part in both ICly and OOCly on the server. ICly they are a barrier between criminals and normal citizens. They serve as protection and decrease the amount of crime, risking their lives to keep the safety of the public no matter what. OOCly they also serve as role models, they have such a huge and competitive role on the server it makes it so only the best of the best can be let in and have to perform good behavior. If the KPD gets a bad reputation people will look at them differently and think of them as a terrible group and faction on the server. The police are probably one of if not the most important faction on the server, without them things could lead to chaos and the server could be in ruins from an ICly stand point the server would most likely be overrun and completely controlled by criminals and gang members.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge this.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Takuya Aikawa

Character's age (if accepted):
26 (Same age)

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Master's Degree in Criminology
"My knowledge goes beyond a degree, its just a useless piece of paper."

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
French and Latin
"Three languages is enough, though would JSL count as a language? It's just hand movements.. ."

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique.
Aikawa would be a young 5'11 Japanese male weighing around 143lbs, he'd also have light brown hair that'd be accompanied by light green eyes. Takuya would have a slim muscular build with good posture. Takuya would usually have a blank expression on his face as if he was always bored or emotionless. It would be apparent that he'd be left-handed.

I think what makes Takuya unique is his behavior and personality. He is 2 sides to 1 stone, the first half is the fact that he wants things his way and he wants to ensure his “victory” in any scenario it doesn’t matter how it’s done as long as he “wins” yet the other side is empathy, he does seemingly care for people even if it's completely blind he wishes for their safety despite his strive for victory. He prevents himself from getting to know people for that very reason and doesn’t want to go through the grief of losing them especially if he is close to them, it adds extra unneeded pain in his eyes. He seems as if he’s an emotionless boring character and doesn’t care for anything yet is quite the opposite the more you know him.
(Biography: https://schoolrp.net/threads/takuya-aikawa-character-biography-wip.59833/ )
"I'm not unique, and never will be; even if you say I am, it's clear you're a liar."

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Aikawa will act mostly the same while in a professional/casual situation though there are some differences. In a professional situation, his primary goal is to ensure everybody is safe no matter the cost. Aikawa doesn’t “goof around” he prefers to stay in control of a situation and handle it in the best way possible via observation. When put in any sort of scenario his first thing is to ****yze the information present and go off of what the next best move would be. The only slight difference between a professional and a casual situation is how he perceives his co-workers. For instance, if a co-worker was to mess around during a casual situation he wouldn’t bat an eye at it, although if the same were to happen in a professional situation he would either choose to tell them to stop or report it to a higher-up. Overall Aikawa stays professional around 100% of the time in every situation.
"Your body language shows more then you could ever imagine, I suggest you fix it before it's too late."

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Aikawa has an interesting outlook on his co-workers and teamwork. He doesn’t necessarily like or care too much for what they do his main objective is to confirm and ensure that everybody is safe in the current environment. If his co-workers are causing a problem and doing something they aren’t supposed to he would report it immediately; but if not his outlook on them is mild, he’d prefer if he didn’t get to know them all too well to prevent attachment, especially in such a dangerous field of work. His idea of teamwork is a bit twisted, Aikawa would much prefer to work alone if he could and would probably work better, although he also realizes that it’s nearly impossible to work completely alone in this job and is willing to work with his co-workers on various assignments to get the job done and affirm everyone's safety.
"A bunch of dull tools, I hope they can be sharpened to be at least of some sort of use."

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I’m going to be taking this question in 2 different ways due to me having different ambitions or thoughts than the character that I’m playing.

Firstly OOCly, I would consider myself a follower, I prefer to adapt to different situations and let somebody else guide me which is probably used to my quieter nature. I feel that it’s easier for me to follow people and listen to them rather than tell other people what to do, I think it also saves me from embarrassment if you say the wrong thing or a bad idea, I will give inputs if needed but I’d much rather not say anything.

Now ICly, I would still consider Aikawa a follower but for different reasons than me. I would say that Aikawa could 100% pass as a leader if he had put in the effort to lead people, he is different then me in the fact that he doesn’t particularly like following people but also prefers to hide his strengths more than anything. He pretends to be a follower so that he doesn’t have to do much himself, in his eyes showing his hand is losing. If you can hide your cards then it’s harder to tell what people are thinking if you’re able to consistently guess or understand how the other party thinks and works then it makes your task unbelievably easier. In his sense, he would rather find the smartest or the person who has the biggest impact on a group and use them instead, telling them what he thinks they should do or how they should do it. This is so that it seems as if they came up with the idea and you had no part in it. Almost as if he's wearing a constant mask to hide his potential. . .
"I've broken law 7. . But in my eyes that law was always a fraud."

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
July 2nd 1996
Takuya Aikawa was born in the city of Tokyo, Japan. His family wasn’t rich or poor, they were middle class, and he was a normal kid. His parents always had high expectations for him and wanted him to be something great in the world. Aikawa would also have an older sister that he looked up to nearly his entire life. Of Course, the two had their fair share of arguments occasionally but they were always close to each other and were one of if not Takuya’s best friends.

October 1st 2007
Kiyoshi Aikawa Takuya’s best friend ended in a tragic accident. Kiyoshi was also a troublemaker much more than Aikawa ever was; she got herself into arguments and fights that she never needed or should’ve ended up in. Eventually, she got into a fight she couldn’t get herself out of. She messed with the wrong people and ended up in serious trouble. On October 1st, 2008 Kiyoshi Aikawa at age 19 ended up dead in a hospital in Tokyo Japan. She was supposedly killed by some small gang or Yakuza. This was the time when Aikawa lost his humanity and got a grasp on the real world, and his perspective on people, and nearly lost his humanity; he became colder, isolated himself more, and cared less about the people around him. His parents didn’t take the death too well either. His father started drinking and the parents got into more and more arguments which didn’t help Aikawa at all with what happened.

April 12th 2008
After a couple of months and having missed some school Aikawa started a new year completely fresh he focused on school, nearly blocking everyone out in the world. Ignoring not only his classmates but his parents as well. Even though he couldn’t fully ignore them, the constant yelling, fighting broken things, and near abuse were all hard to block out. He found a sort of interest in school, studying was almost like a way to cope with things. There were difficulties considering he was always quiet, kept to himself, and didn’t work with anyone his teachers tried helping including the school counselor yet he never talked to either of them about it; he kept what was happening to himself. Throughout the next school years, it’d be more of the same, nothing much changed he’d try making friends and interacting with people yet nothing much worked out other than a few conversations here and there.

April 12th 2010
Aikawa started high school. He wanted to start fresh as a new person even if people saw him as weird or antisocial. He felt like an outcast but wanted to change and try talking to people, possibly making friends or companions. Aikawa was always good at reading people, how they felt, or what they should do to fix problems, it was a trait he picked up from observing people. He had tried talking to people. It partly worked, he found somebody with a similar ideal and life as him they became close but never considered each other friends. They were nothing but classmates after all and that's how they wanted it to stay, they were both smart and used each other for school whenever they didn't want to work with anybody else. Eventually, he opened up to more people after a while some people talked to him more but usually, he didn’t count them as friends, just somebody to talk to or use to get out of situations.

March 2nd 2014
Schools ended for Aikawa, at least for now it has. He’s wanted to go to college to pursue some sort of degree he just never knew what. He wanted to make a change, he wanted balance in the world and for people that deserved Karma to be brought down to reality and get what they deserved. He found himself pursuing criminology either as a part of the government or the police force. He leaned more towards the government considering he wasn’t even the fittest or athletic person he used his head more than anything. He had been working out but never planned something as aggressive and physically impacting on him as an officer. After he looked into it more he realized that the government is generally more corrupt than the police would be. He chose to deal with the restraint on his body and went more toward the police department.

(This is just a temporary backstory as I’m working towards making a way better and more detailed one, this is a rough draft.)​

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, if you are caught having or owning a pocket knife you will be arrested and charged with Possession of Illegal Weaponry with a bailed in 5 days for 300k (from my knowledge). With this, the pocket knife would get tested for blood and your apartment (If you owned one) would be raided no warrant required.
"You have to be incompetent to not know this or even get caught with one on you."

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
  • Paracetamol - It is a pain medication that doesn't require a prescription. They are typically used for mild pain or to bring down a high fever. A person can only buy 5 at a time.​
  • Cane - It’s used to help support someone who has trouble walking around. A person can only buy 5 at a time.​
  • Cough Syrup - It's a sweet thick syrup to treat dry and sore throats along with coughing. A person can only buy 2 at a time.​
  • Eyepatch - It’s used to act as a bandage for an eye if damaged. A person can only buy 2 at a time.​
  • Glasses - Eyewear that has lenses to fix or alter a person vision so that they are able to see in correct 20/20 vision. A person can only buy 2 at a time.​
  • "Mmm- being a doctor seems tough, not something I'd want."
If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
Assuming I see my co-worker physically abusing an inmate I would first turn on my body cam assuming it's not on already then step into the situation stopping the officer immediately to prevent more harm to the inmate. After the situation is de-escalated, I would report everything I saw and show the video to a higher-up who could take it from there.
"I probably wouldn't bat an eye or care, its not my problem after all. Though I do have at least some sort of standard, and who knows. . . It very well could be a test."

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
How I react depends on the circumstances, for instance, if the officer and I were outnumbered together I would react differently than if just 1-2 people were assaulting them. If there were too many people I would call for backup immediately and move up to them but not engage in the situation to possibly scare them off. Yet if there were just 1-2 people then I’d still call for backup but move up and engage in the situation afterward to possibly get them off the officer.
"There's a fine line of where I'd engage in a situation or not, I know my limits not you."

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Assuming that I know 100% that they are working with a gang/organization and I had known or figured out when where and what they’re doing my priority would be to tell a higher-up ICly about the situation and show any proof that I have, if nobody is around I would instead tail the person around forcing them to not meet with the gang any further, this would be so that they could stop supplying them pieces of information/money/weapons, etc. It would be a high-risk high-reward scenario, though if something got too risky then I would immediately back off and wait for a higher-up.
"I can't believe somebody could every do such a thing and get caught at the same time, I would be very ashamed if I couldn't hide a secret that big."

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal tries to bribe me my first reaction would be to warn them for attempted bribery of an officer, after which if they continue to do so I would give them an extra charge on either their sentence or a normal fine based on if they were arrested or not for bribery.
"I'd be amazed if they even try, some people are desperate though."

Extra (This is solely for entertainment and just gives a tad bit more information):
Entrance
Aikawa took a deep breath before walking through the door, had he been nervous? He shouldn’t be he knew that he basically had the job but he had always had a weird feeling since he stepped into the building, his body shivered with his face would be emotionless despite that he had quite a lot on his mind, opening the doors the first thing he saw was what seemed to be the commissioner standing at the back of the room closing a filing cabinet. His head turned as he heard the door close looking at Aikawa he spoke up, “You must be the next person right?”
yonio.jpg
Aikawa nodded before taking a step forwards he glanced at the file the commissioner was holding making out the name “Isoroku Okinowa” at the top, “that must’ve been the guy who just walked out” he thought to himself. He’d clear his throat before pulling the chair out and sitting down. Aikawa glanced over at the chair furthest from Yonio he was wondering where the second person was. Yonio spoke up after noticing what he glanced at “He’s in the bathroom, I guess he couldn’t take sitting here without a break” he’d let out a slight laugh after the statement “We’ll wait for him before we start.” Aikawa tapped his foot on the floor subtly though the room was quiet enough to hear the sound, around half a minute went by before the sound of the door opening filled the room, a man stepped in closing the door behind him he’d fixed his tie a bit before sticking his hand up as a slight wave.
daiki.jpg
“Sorry, I took a bit, let's get things showing shall we?” Aikawa glanced at Daiki’s hands which seemed to be slightly damp, “at least he washed his hands” he thought. He’d sniffle his nose fixing the cuffs on his sleeves and waiting for Daiki to sit down and the interview to begin.

Questions
As Daiki sat down both he and Yonio opened the files in front of them revealing Aikawa’s resume.
1682785363759.png
Yonio was the first to say something though that was somewhat expected as he was a higher ranking than Daiki, “In case you don’t know yet my name is Yonio Schwarz,” he’d moved his hand directing it to his left towards Daiki “And this is Daiki Saiky, we’ll be asking a couple of questions to determine how suitable you are to the role. Firstly could you tell us a little bit about yourself?” Aikawa nodded taking in a breath his foot stopped tapping the floor as he interlocked his fingers together placing them into his lap before speaking, his eye contact switching from Daiki to Yonio every few moments to ensure he was speaking to both of them. “As I’m assuming you know, my name is Takuya Aikawa. Over these past couple of years, I have worked with and helped out with the TMPD over in Tokyo. I consider myself to be a hard-working individual and am quite caring for others’ safety. I am not the most outspoken or talkative individual in the world though I am very open to teamwork and will adapt accordingly and speak out when needed. I’m quite good at dealing with smaller and more tedious tasks that somebody else might not want to or isn’t able to do along with this I love the field of work that I’m applying for and am prepared to put in the effort that is needed for anything. I also understand that the police department has a big reputation and impact on the community and I will remain at the utmost level of professionalism not just on duty but off as well. I know that there is quite the learning curve and this department is different than the last but I am willing to figure it out as I would say that I’m quite a quick learner.” Aikawa would nod signifying that he was done with his answer and waiting for the next question. Yonio nodded and replied to what Aikawa had said “That's great thank you.” it was hard to tell if he was lying or not considering he hadn’t changed much emotionally. Daikis's voice arose from the other end of the table “Could you tell us why you chose to work here?” Aikawa took a slight gulp of air barely visible that he had done so before answering the question. “I can, I would like to work here number one my main interest that I’ve found has always been with law enforcement or some other way of protecting people within a city. There are obvious jobs such as EMS or firefighter or some other option within the government but, I feel as if they don’t have nearly as much of an impact on the people that a police department would. The Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department or TMPD where I had worked which was the largest police department in Japan currently, I felt as if I didn’t get too much recognition along with the fact I hadn’t talked much made it quite hard to work every day. Though here it’s a smaller area and after looking into it there is a seriously high crime rate which hasn’t decreased nearly at all, my reasons for working here is so that I could potentially lower or even stop the crime rate and make the city an overall better place.” Yonio spoke up afterward almost immediately asking the next question, “Thank you, so what experience do you have that you think will be beneficial to the job?” Aikawa spoke up “Experiences that I have are one, I have worked with the TMPD for 2 years as I said before, along with that I have a masters degree in criminology. While working with the TMPD I did a variety of different jobs such as front desk work like taking reports or helping out with any questions that citizens had, along with crime scene investigation which I would say I was quite skilled in, I’ve also done quite the vast amount of interrogations, and I’ve been trained in self-defense and learned how to stay calm in different situations. I also have experience in searching such as patdowns and searching houses/building for items along with people, I was also very easily able to build connections with citizens or inmates to get a variety of information using different techniques.” After Aikawa finished the questions the interview went on for a little longer asking different and deeper questions before ending.

Ending
Daiki would close the folder that had a various amount of information held within it before looking over at Yonio giving a slight and subtle nod. “That’s all the questions we had for you Aikawa, we’ll get back to you soon hopefully.” Aikawa would give a slight nod pushing his chair back a bit before standing up and extending his hand towards Yonio offering a handshake after which he’d do the same to Daiki. “I appreciate you for having me here. Please have a good rest of your evening.” He gave a slight bow before turning and walking towards the door leaving the room and looking at some of the applicants that were left it was clear he was judging them though there was no indication he was. He had thought that some of them had some potential to work with him though it was hard to tell what they were really like in such a professional setting. Aikawa had left wondering if he did enough to get a confirmation he’d been accepted or if he should’ve put in more effort than he did, he at least hoped he had gotten accepted. . .​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread