Co captains

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
IGN: 3CO_

DATE: 11/21/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Co-Captains within teams being given a role in the discord to be able to ping the team
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Co-Captains are very much an official thing on teams, it would be very beneficial for them to be able to ping their team if they are in charge of hosting practices or when the captain is unavailable, and they have a scheduled event. I've seen plenty of times when the co-captain for football will be in charge of hosting practice, and they'll have to ping every member for then mee6 to yell at them for spamming. it would also help SLT know which one of the team members is co-captain.

imgayforwomen

Level 108
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1
I haven't been a co-captain myself but this I know would be amazing for seeveral purposes. I've seen practices hosted by co-captains where they either have to get the captain to ping everyone or they have to ping each member individually. It's also annoying to ping everyone because (it might just be becauses i dont know how to use discord) when someone is offline, you cannot see them, so it would be very hard for the co-captain to ping each person, especially if the roster isn't up to date.

kustomzero

Level 120
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
+1
Co-Captains deserve to be recognized too!! Even if they are one people may not know it, so a tag in-game would be appreciated by them!

alicethingy

Level 25
poisonedthingy
poisonedthingy
Rich
+1

As a past co-cap and now captain, a role for them would be very helpful! Although I don't think they should have access to everything other than pinging, it would be wonderful knowing they can host practices when the captain is busy. The tag in game is a bit much though, I agree w Ghostfire

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This is probably controversial, but I don't think co-captains should need to ping members for any reason. If the event is scheduled properly beforehand, then team members should know ahead of time and be responsible enough to show up on their own. If they're late or don't come because they're not reminded through ping, it's entirely their fault; they knew it would happen, presumably agreed to go, and then chose not to (or perhaps, chose not to remember).

And though this wasn't necessarily an argument made in the thread, I definitely don't think co-captains should get in-game roles, as it's not even a real position. Co-captains aren't chosen or approved by the faction lead, so they shouldn't be granted any additional perks when compared to any other standard member. It's also not important to know who the co-captain of a team is, so being able to identify them wouldn't serve anyone outside of a few niche situations.

Ecocide

Level 32
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
This is probably controversial, but I don't think co-captains should need to ping members for any reason. If the event is scheduled properly beforehand, then team members should know ahead of time and be responsible enough to show up on their own. If they're late or don't come because they're not reminded through ping, it's entirely their fault; they knew it would happen, presumably agreed to go, and then chose not to (or perhaps, chose not to remember).

people have IRL priorities over a Minecraft roleplay server, sometimes something comes up and others forget stuff is going on! everyone enjoys a reminder ping 10 min before. (everyone event has a 10 min before ping even official server ones!)

And though this wasn't necessarily an argument made in the thread, I definitely don't think co-captains should get in-game roles, as it's not even a real position. Co-captains aren't chosen or approved by the faction lead, so they shouldn't be granted any additional perks when compared to any other standard member. It's also not important to know who the co-captain of a team is, so being able to identify them wouldn't serve anyone outside of a few niche situations.
Co-captains dont need a role on the server I agree with that, but most of the time SLT does recognize co-captains for their roles and they are trusted with certain tasks (like passing down messages for example)

the co-captains role in general is help the captain its kinda hard for them to do that with the current permissions

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
people have IRL priorities over a Minecraft roleplay server, sometimes something comes up and others forget stuff is going on! everyone enjoys a reminder ping 10 min before.
SRP is as much of a hobby as anything else, regardless of the fact that it's minecraft. I understand that real life should take priority, but that doesn't make people exempt from basic social practices. If you agree and are expected to show up at a small-group event, you should be present unless there's a really good reason to justify your absence. If you ultimately decide to do something else ahead of time, you should be notifying the person in charge with plenty of advance so they no longer have to accommodate for you. Cancelling last second or just not saying anything at all is almost never appreciated, and if I'm being honest, a dick move.

It shouldn't be normal for us to need to be pinged in order to remember something is happening. In real life, you're probably not getting reminders to go to your sports practice, choir rehearsal, or part-time job, right? Of course not, because you're expected to be responsible enough to remember on your own. Why are we treating SRP any different?

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
IGN: 3CO_

DATE: 11/21/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Co-Captains within teams being given a role in the discord to be able to ping the team
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Co-Captains are very much an official thing on teams, it would be very beneficial for them to be able to ping their team if they are in charge of hosting practices or when the captain is unavailable, and they have a scheduled event. I've seen plenty of times when the co-captain for football will be in charge of hosting practice, and they'll have to ping every member for then mee6 to yell at them for spamming. it would also help SLT know which one of the team members is co-captain.
+1 from a ex-co-captain

Users who are viewing this thread