mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

College Student Freedom / School Guard Role Suggestion

opp

Level 50
That's when I bring the idea of a strike system being utilized, if a character isn't in class at least once or twice, then they'd proceed to get a strike. That strike will last for awhile until the third strike, when your character fully becomes a college-dropout without the opportunity of changing their age as an Adult unless they want to try Highschool again.
Unfortunately, I have tried to make a suggestion like this but it got denied. No matter what it won’t be taken into effect unless professors/any faculty tell students to head to class.
Another thing I would love to add is showing that by allowing professors to give signed books to students that show the exact date, timeframe and ETC to see that college students are actively attending classes, it would make it easier for admins to decide whether or not the college rank should be kept by that player that applied for it.

College is all about self-responsibility and getting to class by your own. If someone isn’t making the effort to join those said classes, that should be completely on them and not the school associates’ to say “Go to class” and this and that. College students are adults and not like Highschool students.
Like said before … We can’t do anything unless it’s told icly and SLT is on to primarily help with the students not attending to college classes even after being told to head their, we can’t necessarily stalk them to make sure.

Description: A guard's role is to guard the area of school. Front and back, but there would be two guards for each section of the building, each breaktime they would rest or talk to the other faculty members through the radio. How they work for let's say, going out, a guard will give you a SIGNED NOTEBOOK with a DATE and a TIMEFRAME allowing a student to go out. If you DO NOT come back at the exact time that the guard tells you too, then they will report you to a faculty member to be sent in for detention or if you’re a college student, you’d be given a strike.
Minus letting college students go off grounds, I like this idea .. mainly so it would give every other faculty member a break and also to just expand the guard role with scanning around the hallways for fighting and stuff but I very DOUBT this role will ever be added

so.. sadly my friend

Valentine_Lols

Level 83
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
-1 If students can't attend a class that is mandatory and had many intercoms about going to class MANY times by faculty members and professors, I don't think they'd be able to.

considering the fact that there's less college students (don't even bring up the exams, they go to classes that are hosted for 2 weeks or so then get bored of it and stop attending of mass majority, not counting the afk people.)

Freddy

Level 36
Partytime_Freddy
Partytime_Freddy
Notable
-1 As a professor I'll say... no. It's hard enough to get people into classes either way, and people will pass this somehow, no matter the system college students will pass it. It's hard enough for the college faculty to get more than 5 students because no one joins a class, even worse only 1-2 of these 5 players will do work in class the others will AFK which is hard for UP to rank up even. Now I know you suggested the strike system but after another faculty member suggested it some time ago it was denied even though it was in huge favor, so no. Also, no clue how the colleges in your country are, but my college is in the middle of the city, and I don't even go out in between my breaks I quite literally study and eat a little. From my personal understanding and reason on why I go to college is that you go to college to, study and progess in life so you may seek a high future. Not to mention the fact that Gang roleplayers will abuse this system 100%, and I'm 100% sure if this system would be added that every student who gets into trouble outside school grounds will be the faculties business because as long as it's school hours it's our job to watch you either way. Both professors and teachers, ain't just there to teach they annoying you for reasons because it's their job to have every student follow the rules, now imagine kids leave, and a KPD officer brings us a child who stabbed someone, and it will be our fault, won't be as cool I'll tell you. The last thing I said now also counters your new role suggestion, we have caretakers for a reason, and the last new waves of admins are probably some of the best I've seen. And I say this because people like OZinth do amazing work at teleporting the students for, us that they honestly deserve a medal. But yea we have caretakers for a reason, they don't sit around doing nothing at all, and the faculty also walks around checking up on everyone but what will another faculty rule even be set if no one, fear rps even after a detention warning bla bla yk the deal. You can tell me your counters as much as you want to but it won't work. Just sit through the school day it's about a little more than 2+ hours, I believe which is nothing at all.

NoZinth

Level 194
Administrator
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1 I don't think this should be considered... yet. Maybe in future when College students actually attend the classes hosted by professors this could be looked into again, but not at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread