mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

college suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

suneater

Level 90
Big fat NO

Sorority and frat were one of THE most toxic places in the server and probably one of the main reasons significant groups in the server were created. Most of what came from the households was drama, bullying, and other concerning happenings. It was a great place to hang out but quite a toxic environment. I believe it's not something SRP should have again.
As much as I agree that the sorofrat fucking sucked back in 2020 & from what I'm hearing 2021 aswell, that's mostly on the people. Have different people run it, don't make it just a small group of friends running it, because yeah you /do/ want everyone in college getting a chance to participate. Have it be more of a hangout spot compared to a place where only select members of select teams can make use of.
It didn't create significant groups in the server, it just happened that the people who were in significant groups prior to its creation ended up being the ones who ran it at first due to them including the owner. Instead of that happening again select some notable members in the community who you know are trustworthy & work well with people, and have them run it. Allow every college student to at least get involved with it somehow. It promoted roleplay within the college, and it sure as hell will be more effective than the shed that's pushed to an area of the map nobody goes to, and that never gets used.
If OOC bullying occurs, get rid of the people involved the same way the teams get wiped all the time now. With IC bullying let it happen & be dealt with icly. It's in character for a reason, keep it that way as long as it doesn't get out of hand. Same goes with drama.

My apologies if this seems very choppy I just got off of Valorant my brain is completely out of it.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
with the announcement of exams slt already said that from phd u can become an adult
okay ic what you mean now

you can do exams for bachelor but not for masters

immediate +1

Cencres

Level 11
okay ic what you mean now

you can do exams for bachelor but not for masters

immediate +1
im saying only remove the bachelor student exams so u can only go from bachelor -> masters (and not hs -> bachelor) with an exam and then obviously to phd from the project

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
I've come to drop my 2 cents; I didn't read most of the replies but did wanna talk about the fratsoro thing.
Respect to it never coming back; I have my opinion but that's not why I'm here. When the fratsoro was removed we got team housing, great cool. Bobcats had/have this sweet bowling alley with a shop THEY run which is really cool. Spartans? A shed in the most unused part of the map. Which yk if used right could of been great but it was never promoted or used the way it should of and ended up just. . . being a dirty shed in the forest. Which seems kind of backhanded since we went from a cool house to a dirty shed. Now I wouldn't complain as much (and I won't say names so as to not cause drama) but I do want to put some light on when I got the Spartan Discord Lead and started hosting events. I LOVED the idea of the shed at first, I really wanted to make it work and my friends at the time did help so so so much. I threw parties and it was fun; I took a week or two away from SRP for personal reasons only to come back and see it wasn't touched. . . at all. Now I went to start throwing events with the Spartan Event Team again and threw an event (again for sake of drama I won't give any hard details but if you know you know but please respect I hold no hatred or anger I have moved past this; do not bring up names or fuel this drama) which was really fun in the end. It was heartbreaking to see an SLT member log on to their college account only to shit talk it ICly with another staff member mainly because I felt I was working hard to TRY to give the Spartans something when no one else was.

The reason I bring up that story is that;
1) Spartans really don't have anything. At least the Bobcat Bowling Alley is in a well-traveled area.
2) SLT is not backing their beef as they should.
Ik there's been a LOT of topics about Spartans lately but I really do want to stress how much help they need. Please even if you don't give them something physical, support them more. I wish SLT communicated with me more OOCly so I could at least know if I was doing something right or wrong because getting shit on ICly by someone who I thought would be proud or glad I was doing this work really sucked. (I get that don't take IC to OOC and I hope we see it more than just that on why I brought it up) I also just wanted to add; I understand there was drama at the time but again I rather of been removed from the role than thrown under by the people I assumed would support my events. But a reminder, this was a thing in the past; I really don't care about it anymore. I just wanted to share my firsthand experience with running Spartan Events and hopefully better the Spartan future or something LOL.

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
im saying only remove the bachelor student exams so u can only go from bachelor -> masters (and not hs -> bachelor) with an exam and then obviously to phd from the project
I think that you should be able to do exams to get bachelor but to get masters, you do the OG application then the project for PHD

Cencres

Level 11
I think that you should be able to do exams to get bachelor but to get masters, you do the OG application then the project for PHD
I don't think you should apply to be a masters student, my thread focuses on hs -> bachelor applications

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
I don't think you should apply to be a masters student, my thread focuses on hs -> bachelor applications
Doing hs -> bachelor applications would demotivate people from doing exams meaning no one would go

there is no reward

Cencres

Level 11
Doing hs -> bachelor applications would demotivate people from doing exams meaning no one would go

there is no reward
my suggestion is saying remove hs -> bachelor exams altogether and only have exams to get to masters

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
+1
HUGE YES

I Love this suggestion probably more than I love SRP, this is good idea I'm not even gonna explain.

Lolo

Level 27
HaloBoss29
HaloBoss29
Notable+

there is no reward
The exams focus way too much on OOC knowledge rather than game knowledge or who ACTUALLY is worthy (As in good student basically) of the College bachelor role. Everyone I know is already pretty demotivated to do the exams, nobody I've encountered likes the system as a whole.

serenityi

Level 4
serenityi
serenityi
Rich
Only touching on the exams portion, I don't have anything to add on the frat and sorority

I think the college exams were a cool thing to add don't get me wrong, they add more realistic roleplay and give people more reasoning to attend classes in hopes of it reflecting on their exam results. This does not mean get rid of exams completely, I just think the college exams should be strictly for bachelor - masters as opposed to high school - college as well. Karakura is filled with international characters of all backgrounds, some of which probably came to Karakura for college. Yet there is no physical application process, its all test reliant. It would make sense to bring back applications for college for both OOC and IC reasons. Gives better backbone for international characters, and makes just literally makes sense.

Lets just be honest, with the exams people just look up the answers for the majority of the questions, and it doesn't really prove anything about you or your character(s). Bringing back applications would allow for applicants to show both their motive and dedication both OOCly and ICly. You can still take into account their academic record on the account they're applying with to keep the 'attend classes if you want to get into college' motivation. I'm not even sure if sport scholarships are a thing in SRP, but hey! you can include that you're applying for college for the sports teams yadayadayada. There just feels like so much more flexibility with actual applications. Plus, you'd have applications, exams, and projects for all the different levels of college for some more interesting involvement into the community.

Overall I just think that applications make more sense, you get into college based on different factors you list in your application rather than if you know if mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
I'm going to try and keep this short and sweet, and my response will be split in two.

ON THE NOTE OF SOROFRAT:
It is almost funny seeing all of my predictions come true, and I'm glad someone is speaking up about it. Realism is beginning to hurt the server because people are forgetting that we are in a roleplay that's set in fictional Japan. Who says we can't have the sorofrat? We're in an international exchange school! It's something that's meant to be fun... But most importantly? It acted as a giant physical mixer. There were people inside the sorofrat area with tags, without tags, on different teams, etc. It was an easy place to run in to other college students. (Plus any time a younger kid walked in, it fueled an interaction) I was reading the thread about community problems recently, and there were at least a few that mentioned the fact players feel more distant now than they did before.

Bonus note on realism: If you can find a way to make your "unrealistic" unique thing believable, I'm all for it. Roleplay itself should be prioritized over realism.

I don't know if I want the Sorority and Fraternity back, but I do want somewhere college students SPECIFICALLY can go to socialize. I'm willing to make the part of that fat little tower (Sanagi) I own into a certified Spartan zone as long as people actually use it to come and socialize. If the sorofrat gets readded, it'll need to be watched more carefully than before (not restricted, just moderated better). Perhaps we could have the IC student council get more involved and 1. sponsor this "new" hangout zone off-campus hours, and 2. act as the verbal security police.

Saying it a little clearer: WE NEED A PLACE THAT WILL MAKE PEOPLE (COLLEGE STUDENTS) TALK TO EACH OTHER! Teams need to intermingle more! Since the college is smaller than highschool, why don't we make it more tight-knit feeling by you know.. getting to know each other a little better

ON THE NOTE OF TESTS
I do enjoy the fact we have an exam, it's cute, it's fun to watch people run to the lore threads and actually read them. But I think.. 50 questions is a little long. Until that plugin is complete, we should change to either an application with a short quiz that can be periodically opened, or just shorten the current test.

#savethespartans

Cencres

Level 11
I don't know if I want the Sorority and Fraternity back, but I do want somewhere college students SPECIFICALLY can go to socialize. I'm willing to make the part of that fat little tower (Sanagi) I own into a certified Spartan zone
idk if a tower would be the best thing, they are quite big and not really accessible the same way the sorofrat was, where u could literally hop into their backyard n be able to initiate and even expect some roleplay
if there was a new hangout zone it should be totally new, although idk if a hangout zone would even help because even though the bobcats have one that's obviously better than the spartans, it's pretty dead aswell and I think to revive spartans something more needs to be done (referring to what I said about how there's too much effort being done to make spartans & bobcats the same)

i def agree w ur realism points

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
my suggestion is saying remove hs -> bachelor exams altogether and only have exams to get to masters
Which is what I was trying to mention.. kimi wouldnt just remove exams for hs students as a whole

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
The exams focus way too much on OOC knowledge rather than game knowledge or who ACTUALLY is worthy (As in good student basically) of the College bachelor role. Everyone I know is already pretty demotivated to do the exams, nobody I've encountered likes the system as a whole.
I don't like the system HOWEVER
People do still take the exams

A LOT do

Cencres

Level 11
I don't like the system HOWEVER
People do still take the exams

A LOT do
of course they do it's the only way to advance into college
a LOT more college students would probably come from applications, more than the exams turnout just over a longer period of time

I already mentioned how exams shouldn't be time-locked

worst

Level 14
worstdressed
worstdressed
Notable
+1
Having a less condemning exam experience would definitely be beneficial IMO. It's time-gated, crowded and (to my knowledge) majorly based on information you know OOCly rather than the character themselves. I understand why the system was implemented, the aspect of in person exams is entertaining, but I've seen people recount it being more stress than a role is worth. Though plenty of people still take the exams, it can be discouraging and demotivating for many. I wish applications would come back but since that seems unlikely, exams should at least be adjusted to be more accessible and not as lengthy.

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
I'll be only discussing the exams part as the Sorofrat is one hell of a topic.

I strongly agree that exams should not be bombarded with OOC knowledge, especially ones that ask what on god's earth is the angle of elevation when the horse's name was Friday. Questions such as that could be added occasionally throughout the exam, but not constantly. I agree, they certainly do demotivate someone when they're solving the questions. Teachers and professors "prepare" students for studying for the exams, including tutors, but unfortunately, the majority of the material they tutor them on does not end up in the exam.

One may ask what should be added to the exam. Simple. Karakuran knowledge. Questions that relate to Karakura. It shouldn't be specifically lore, but something related to the server as a whole. What is the name of the first Mayor of Karakura? What district of Karakura is the powerplant located at? The number of questions that would relate to the character and setting of the story makes up only 2-4 questions in the current exams.

Cloud's points on realism couldn't have been any more true. The exams don't need to be majorly difficult. In fact, I believe the exams don't have to rely on factual information. What about adding creativity to the exams? I know there is an essay part, but how about other questions that involve innovation? Don't Karakura's students study business as one of their courses? Perhaps ask them to pitch a business idea in a page or two. This is just an example.

summary: exams should have lore (im not being biased.) and creativity questions more

flowersak

Level 121
flowersak
flowersak
Rich+
-1 but only to sorofrat

Everyone here has stated the Sorofrat was not toxic in 2021 but instead in 2020. As a member of the Sorofrat IN 2021, it was toxic. If people didn't like you OOCly, it was definitely taken ICly. Half of us were not included or allowed to be involved in things because of the way the house was separated. Seeing as I was on both sides of that situation (being included then not), I don't think it should come back. The whole house was a good idea, but became a huge area for gangrp (having bodies dropped at the door etc) which risked the characters who lived there, there was always drama, both IC and OOC, and it was just not a pleasant experience for most of the people there, bar a set bunch of people.

It was a whole situation where you didn't notice things happening unless they happened to you and most of us resorted to moving into other areas on the map instead of the Sorofrat because the fun and solidarity it was offering was never there. Previously mentioned, this area DID cause groups to be created, despite the lack of agreement that it did. Lets be honest, if you're constantly hanging with the same people, you're bound to find people you like over the others and that's how the groups are created. We were all hanging in there most the time, of course it was going to create groups.

No one wanted to join or get involved before it was removed, a lot of the members at the time just didn't hang out there at all. We can say to have SLT run it but it's still going to be the same situation. They can't monitor everything that happens, it shouldn't be brought back. People have heard what happened within the Sorofrat, people don't want to be a part of that even if it's brought back with new leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread