mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Council Elections | Phantwaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

suneater

Level 90
A few examples would be a student getting elected that has no idea how council is ran, has never been in council before, or has no leadership experience.
Read the post. It'd be someone already in council, that is picked because they know how council is ran.
I understand this but its better just to pick someone that is actually suited for the role instead of going through a whole election, then having to remove them and scramble to pick another president.
I'd assume if they were smart about it they'd do it prior to actually putting the new person in the position. Assuming the person they pick isn't suited for the role in the first place
but would cause role-play conflict
Literally whats the problem with roleplay conflict. Likeeeeeee what is the problem having conflict icly, as long as it isn't brought oocly.

Rebel

Level 53
That's why it wouldn't be as simple as a pick & vote process kind of thing, the two candidates would campaign AGAINST each other. It'll be a timely thing, the Presidential vote wouldn't be immediate. Bias is always prevalent no matter what, but with campaigns ICly allows the candidates to be creative and demonstrate their ability with event planning & connection with the student body to eliminate that as much as possible. There isn't much interaction between the Council and the student body, and elections would be a great opportunity to repair that. Like I've said, the Faction Lead would have discretion over who they feel is suitable, but the campaign period could work as something similar to a 'trial' to see who REALLY cares about the school ICly. Council elections are something that is common in almost every education system there is, it wouldn't be something out of the ordinary to see in a SchoolRP server.
Thats not even an election anymore, based on that it feels there is pretty much no need for this as council has ran perfectly fine for years without any issues. Also as someone who does roleplay with council often I can disagree, they do interact with the students often, happens everyday, they are all active and actually doing stuff.

moonboops

Level 10
spxcegrl
spxcegrl
Rich
Like I've said, the Faction Lead would have discretion over who they feel is suitable, but the campaign period could work as something similar to a 'trial' to see who REALLY cares about the school ICly.
People will literally sign up for it, just for popularity.

sake

Level 59
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
Thats not even an election anymore, based on that it feels there is pretty much no need for this as council has ran perfectly fine for years without any issues. Also as someone who does roleplay with council often I can disagree, they do interact with the students often, happens everyday, they are all active and actually doing stuff.
How would it not be an election? Two candidates campaign, and after the campaign votes are cast. When I said it wouldn't be as simple as pick & vote, I meant that votes wouldn't be cast without the candidates having an opportunity to prove they are suitable.

Rebel

Level 53
How would it not be an election? Two candidates campaign, and after the campaign votes are cast. When I said it wouldn't be as simple as pick & vote, I meant that votes wouldn't be cast without the candidates having an opportunity to prove they are suitable.
Based on what you said before, it wouldn't even run like an election.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team

Well yes, this idea is good on paper and is realistic to what schools do in the real world, there can be issues with this.

A few examples would be a student getting elected that has no idea how council is ran, has never been in council before, or has no leadership experience. Another one is bias. Someone getting elected just because they know all the sports teams or because they are the prettiest/most handsome student in the school, or the most popular, just to name a few. Student Council should not be a popularity contest. Presidents are picked based off of many other factors like their skills and activity. This risks someone being elected that doesn't know what they are doing and overall taking council down.

We can incorporate more ways that students and the council can interact.

Again, there are other ways to do this than an election.
+ 1 to this suggestion overall. Having council elections would be really fun! A lot more fun than what we currently do at least, as it pushes for player interaction. I personally loved running for "best councillor" because it was goofy and gave me a reason to start approaching people and well... roleplay. And they had a reason to reply to me.

I am on the college council and I can say that we NEED more roleplay desperately. I've tried suggesting one idea to get the council to roleplay with students more through silly in-character conflicts but not much effort was put towards it. I can assure you that if we had SLT select like four councillors INCLUDING VP to run for president, it wouldn't be someone with "no leadership experience" or "has never been in council" - All those concerns can be easily fixed by having requirements to run. I feel like elections would be soosososo fun, let the players running have little events, or a speech over the intercom. Bring the competition on!!! And if you're super worried about the candidates.... why not have it be secretly rigged behind the curtains? Just have someone in-character cheat and oh nooooo they got disqualified for REASONS. (Make it a scandal!!!!) (HAVE A TEAM CORRUPTION ARC WHERE ONE TRIES TO RUIN SOMEONES CAMPAIGN?!?!?! THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!!!!!) (and all IC so hopefully no OOC hard feelings bahahaah)

An election month would bring so much life as long as the people running go crazy and have some creative freedom for their campaigns. And if you're worried about a popularity contest.. well, that's what the current system is too to an extent. Our current system is whoever the President chose as VP gets President. (As far as I'm aware)

OTHER NOTE REGARDING RIVALRY: Council needs to do something, we need something fun to do outside of giving detention and breaking up fights. Why not let councillors get involved in the rivalry? Not actively participating in the acts per say... but getting the two offending teams to sit down and apologize/make up/force friendship. Just for fun IC stuff! I feel as though it's a little silly we can't participate.

moonboops

Level 10
spxcegrl
spxcegrl
Rich
Read the post. It'd be someone already in council, that is picked because they know how council is ran.
Even if they are a councilor, not every councilor is fit to run as president or vice president.

I'd assume if they were smart about it they'd do it prior to actually putting the new person in the position. Assuming the person they pick isn't suited for the role in the first place
The only way to see if someone is actually suited is to have them try to lead the council and a few other things. And if someone isn't suited, you'd think SLT wouldn't even allow them to run.

Rebel

Level 53
An election month would bring so much life as long as the people running go crazy and have some creative freedom for their campaigns. And if you're worried about a popularity contest.. well, that's what the current system is too to an extent. Our current system is whoever the President chose as VP gets President. (As far as I'm aware)
This is the last reply, no, this is not how council works. The current presidents were not picked on popularity but on their leadership skills, how well they could handle it, and if they were to be fair to students and be willing to follow all rules. That is currently what council is and every vice-president and president for both College and High School were picked based on those three things and probably other things too.

suneater

Level 90
This is the last reply, no, this is not how council works. The current presidents were not picked on popularity but on their leadership skills, how well they could handle it, and if they were to be fair to students and be willing to follow all rules. That is currently what council is and every vice-president and president for both College and High School were picked based on those three things and probably other things too.
Have u never been to school during election periods. Like elections are literally something that happens in person. . and they'd only have people who would be capable of fulfilling their duties run. It doesn't hurt the council at all- and say it DOES end up hurting something & everything goes to shit, now we know not to do it again. Doesn't hurt to at least try

moonboops

Level 10
spxcegrl
spxcegrl
Rich
Council needs to do something, we need something fun to do outside of giving detention and breaking up fights. Why not let councillors get involved in the rivalry? Not actively participating in the acts per say... but getting the two offending teams to sit down and apologize/make up/force friendship. Just for fun IC stuff! I feel as though it's a little silly we can't participate.
I have been discussing this with the other leads. Just the other day, there was an event. You guys are welcome to chat and talk to the teams if you wish. We are not keeping you guys from doing this.

On a side note, council is not only an IC role, but also a bit of an OOC role as well. So this person would also need to be able to run council OOCly and actually have the qualifications to do it.

Rebel

Level 53
Have u never been to school during election periods. Like elections are literally something that happens in person. . and they'd only have people who would be capable of fulfilling their duties run. It doesn't hurt the council at all- and say it DOES end up hurting something & everything goes to shit, now we know not to do it again. Doesn't hurt to at least try
Yes, I have and SchoolRP is not meant to be that realistic, yes they want some parts but this is just unnecessary, but have a good-day and SLT will decide on this suggestion.

suneater

Level 90
On a side note, council is not only an IC role, but also a bit of an OOC role as well. So this person would also need to be able to run council OOCly and actually have the qualifications to do it.
THEY'D ONLY PICK PEOPLE FIT FOR THE POSITION!!!!!! THEY WOULDN'T PICK SOMEONE UNQUALIFIED!!!!

Yes, I have and SchoolRP is not meant to be that realistic, yes they want some parts but this is just unnecessary, but have a good-day and SLT will decide on this suggestion.
Just because SchoolRP isn't meant to be 100% realistic DOESN'T MEAN we can't have stuff like this within rp. Literally hurts nothing
have a good day though :3

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
I have been discussing this with the other leads. Just the other day, there was an event. You guys are welcome to chat and talk to the teams if you wish. We are not keeping you guys from doing this.

I don't mean doing more events, more passive stuff like projects that'll happen over a week period or something. Think of it like a constant rather than one big thing happening. I know we have hangouts they're just too early for me to attend most of the time.

moonboops

Level 10
spxcegrl
spxcegrl
Rich
I don't mean doing more events, more passive stuff like projects that'll happen over a week period or something. Think of it like a constant rather than one big thing happening. I know we have hangouts they're just too early for me to attend most of the time.
Again, I will discuss this with the leads. In fact, I think week long events have been discussed in the past but were decided against because of how long it would be planned and some other things I can't remember. I'm not 100% though so thats why I will have to discuss it with everyone else. I do agree they would be nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread