{Main} SP4RK5 - applying
{Alt} fiercedeities

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
._.twilight._.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
BST

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on SRP whenever I have free time; however, I’m currently in college, have an active social life with my college friends, and have a job, so there are some days I cannot log on at all, which is usually Thursdays, but any other day I aim to be on the server anywhere for 2 to 5 hours at a time. However, if I were to get accepted for this role, I would dedicate more time to the server and spend anywhere from 2 to 8 hours on the server at one time to try and fulfil my role to the best of my ability.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No, I have not been banned and I do not plan to be.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do acknowledge that and will not go inactive.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Counselor

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
From what I have seen, Counselors are mostly there to help students who are having academic struggles. They are there to help kids who are worried about their grades and are able to offer them advice or support on how they could bring their grades back up or how to handle going to class more often to help get their grades back on track. I also think Counselors help students who deal with a few hardships in school like fighting or bullying and can offer them a place to come talk and get advice on how to fix the situation or get it to stop all together.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
On the server, most of my time is spent on FamilyRP and RomanceRP, as well as being on my professor character, participating in FacultyRP, where I teach lessons and interact with my coworkers and students. However, I’m always open to new and different roleplay experiences with other people's characters and do not like to limit myself to only one type of roleplay if I can help it. On the server, I like how everyone is diverse and has a different approach to roleplay and how they interact with other people because it can make for some very unique and interesting situations for people to roleplay out, so you are always experiencing something new.

Apart from the server, I have participated in a few friend-run roleplays and a few roleplays on different servers where I have been able to get comfortable playing as different characters and how to approach situations I might not have been able to in the past. Over all, I have been roleplaying for well over 6 years now and think of myself as someone who is able to approach roleplay situations with an open mind and to try and talk to new people about engaging in different types of roleplay.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
I’m already part of the school faction (a professor). However, I found that after being a professor for a few months, I no longer enjoyed it as much as I did when I first joined it, I slowly started to lose interest in it, and started finding it hard to find the motivation to host classes though I still managed to reach quota no matter what. Nevertheless, I still want to be a part of the school faction because I enjoy talking to other people's faculty characters and interacting with the students, so I think being part of the employee faction will still allow me to interact with those groups of people while being in a more manageable job that I can handle and will enjoy more. As a result, I have already left the professor faction.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
SP4RK5:
Accepted- French Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Accepted- Finnish Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Accepted- Professor Application | SP4RK5 | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Accepted- Third Language Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Accepted- Gaelic Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server
Denied- Gaelic Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

fiercedeities:
Waiting for review-
Doctor Application | fiercedeities | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
SP4RK5:
Adult - Anton Mikhailov
Grade 12 - Iya Higglebottom

fiercedeities:
Grade 12 - Mikhäil Ruth Bae

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Anton would be confused, a few thoughts flying through his mind as he tried to understand what brought this type of behaviour on, but he would quickly shake them from his head and offer the student an awkward but calm smile as he thought about how the best way to approach this situation. It would take a few seconds to get his thoughts in order before he started speaking in a soft tone of voice to not further aggravate the already upset student. "Now I don’t understand what has brought on this behaviour, but it is unacceptable, and I would recommend you stop before you say something that is going to upset someone." He would take a pause in his sentence, glancing at the student to see how they were taking in what he was saying before he continued. "However, I can understand that if you have had a stressful day, or something has upset you, it can bring on this behaviour, so if you would like to talk about it, I’m all ears to try and help you work through it instead of going around being mean to people." He'd finish it off with his awkward smile, changing into a more sympathetic one to try and comfort the student.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Anton would frown, his lips pressing into a thin line as he reached for the radio he kept at his hip, quickly informing his colleagues on what was happening and that he may need backup if things went south. Once he’s made sure his coworkers are informed, he will step closer to the students fighting and assess the situation for a few seconds before speaking up and telling them to back away from one another right now before they cause any more damage. If the students did not listen to him the first time, he would step closer, raising his voice a little louder so he could be heard clearer, and he would tell them once again to move away from each other.

If they listened, backed up and stopped physically fighting, he would bring both of the students to a more secluded area to be able to talk to them better and not have to worry about a group of students who may have been watching trying to add their input. Once he was sure he could talk to them a little more privately, he would get both of their stories and then explain to them how fighting on school grounds is unacceptable and he would have to give them a detention for it. After the detentions were given, he’d radio once again to inform his coworkers that the situation had been dealt with and he no longer needed someone on standby in case the fight went south.

If they didn’t stop fighting, Anton would sigh, bring a hand down to grab at his radio once again, and ask one of his colleagues to start making their way down to the fight as he needed some backup because the students were not currently listening to him. As he waited for one of his coworkers to make their way down, he would start doing crowd control, telling students to move along and that the fight has nothing to do with them. If the crowd watching did not listen to him the first time, he would raise his voice again, telling them to move along, or they could join the two fighting students in detention if that's what they wanted. Once the crowd was dealt with, he would move his focus back to the two fighting students and tell them once again that if they didn’t stop, they would be facing worse consequences than just a detention. If even then they didn’t listen, SLT would be informed via radio or a faculty report.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Anton would shake his head and approach his colleague in question and ask them to step aside somewhere a little more private so he could talk to them to try and minimise the number of students who could witness or listen to the conversation that was about to take place. Once he was sure they were both somewhere a little more secluded, he would turn to his coworker with his eyebrows raised and his arms crossed against his chest before he spoke. "We are adults here; we are meant to be mature and set good examples for the kids to follow. However, what I have just witnessed you do is highly inappropriate to be doing on school grounds and in front of kids, so can you please explain what went through your brain to make you think that was okay to do?" He would speak with a stern tone of voice, not leaving any room for his colleague to try and make excuses for why they were acting so inappropriately. After he heard their explanation, he would sigh and pinch the bridge of his nose. "Okay- I still don’t get how you thought that was okay, but I’m going to have to report you to the higher-ups to make sure something like this doesn’t happen again."

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Anton would make a brisk walk to the coffee machine, silently thanking whoever decided to put one in the employee break room before starting to make himself a cup. While he waited for his coffee, he would hum a song under his breath that had be stuck in his head for a few hours. Once his coffee was done, he would grab his cup, make his way to an open seat, and sit down silently, enjoying the small warmth the hot cup of coffee offered his hands as he waited for it to cool down a little bit before taking a sip of it and enjoying the small break he had before he got back to work. If some of his coworkers were in the break room at the same time as him, he would offer them small smiles as they came in and ask how they were doing before leaving the conversation there and going back to just enjoying the silence or letting the sound of quiet chatter wash over him if there was any. After he finished his coffee, he would move to the sink and start washing his mug up and drying it before placing it back where he found it and taking a small breath in before heading out of the room to get back to work.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
He’d offer a comforting smile to the student in front of him before motioning to the seat just across from him for them to sit down in. "Now I know talking about things that are troubling you can be hard, but I want you to know that I will not judge you on anything you say; this is a safe space, and I’m here to help you the best I can." He’d speak softly to try to ease any worries or thoughts the students had. "Feel free to take as long as you need to try and get out what you're struggling with. I know putting thoughts into words can be difficult, especially when you're talking to a stranger about them, but just know I am here to help, and whatever information you're willing to give me about what you're worrying about will greatly help me in giving you advice on how to move forward with your problems."

/me He’d hum under his breath as he sorted through a few pieces of paperwork on his desk, his eyes glancing at the clock every so often to take in the time. "Slow day today." He’d mumble to himself, moving the paperwork to one side, and start to drum his fingers along to the song in his head in favour of singing or humming it out loud in case a student came in to talk to him. A small sigh leaving his lips as he waited, his eyes roaming around the room, taking in a few things he'd never noticed before, like the small cracks in the wooden table or the well-worn couch that sat in the little waiting room.

/me He’d let out a long sigh as he stared at the two students he caught fighting, his arms crossed over his chest before they dropped to his sides as he went to talk, making it obvious that it was aimed at both of them. "I hope you realise fighting on school grounds is unacceptable, and that means both of you have landed yourselves in detention for being so reckless." He’d take a moment to hand over a detention slip to each student with the detention room number on it and the time they were expected to show up. "I get that you won’t always get along with everyone you meet, but that does not mean you start fighting either physically or verbally every time you bump into each other. It would be so much easier to simply keep walking and ignore the people you dislike than to try and fix your problems with violence, and if you really are struggling, you can come to me or any other staff member to listen to your worries or complaints so we can try and work it out in a more civil way that won’t end up with you in detention. Now if I catch you two fighting again, you will be facing worse consequences, understood?"

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Anton Mikhailov

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Preferred Name:
Anton.

Age (Minimum is 25):

Academic Degree:
“I have a Degree in psychology that I managed to achieve when I spent time studying in my home country. The college I went to was Moscow State University and managed to pass the course with good grades.”

Major(s): “I have a major in counselling psychology that I also achieved while studying back in Russia.”

Minors: “I have a minor in education and Sociology which were once again achieved while I was studying back home.”

Nationality:
Russian

Known Languages:
Japanese
French
Gaelic
Russian (will apply!)

Backstory
Anton Mikhailov was born and raised in Moscow by his mothers. His childhood was full of fun holidays and experiences most children wouldn’t be able to comprehend if he were to bring them up to his classmates once he got back. His mothers both worked amazing jobs, which means he was slightly spoiled when growing up, but his parents constantly reminded him not to let the fact that he got a little more kids go to his head, which he took to heart. He made sure that he didn't bring or be stuck up to his classmates just because his family had a little more money. He was a friendly child who always shared and made sure his classmates and friends were never left out of different activities.

During his teen years, he pulled away from his parents a little bit to try and get some freedom and to taste what life would be like if his parents weren’t well off. He got a job and spent hours saving money to go towards his college and university fund, but he still did not need to work as much as others since his mother insisted on helping him pay to get into a good college and university. Once he raised a good sum of money, he quit his job so he could be full-time at college and not have to worry about balancing a job and his classes at the same time. His time at college was mostly uneventful. He had a few close friends that he would study with and hang out with when he had a free moment, but he didn’t really feel close to them, mostly just feeling like someone who tagged along to pay for things when others could not, but he didn’t mind because he had money to spend and they needed help.

However, when college was over and done with, he ended up cutting off his college friends because he found out they were simply using him for his money, and he didn’t want those types of friends around him anymore. He wouldn’t classify them as friends anymore. After that, he went to university in Moscow and put his college years behind him. He spent all of his time studying and doing the best he could to make his mothers proud but thanks to spending all his time on studying and classes, he didn’t end up making any friends. He kept all of his classmates at arm's length, so he didn’t have a repeat of his college years.

He ended up finishing university near the top of his class thanks to the countless hours he spent on his lectures and classes. After his graduation, he spent a few years as a counsellor in a local high school near where his parents lived. He did his best to help the students there with their academic or emotional problems, and he prided himself on being someone the kids could be comfortable with and not afraid to speak up when they had an issue. Despite that, he found himself struggling to stay at the school thanks to all the drama between all of the staff. It was like a thick smog of tension covered the school building, and he decided that he wasn’t going to stay there any longer for his own mental health and well being.

A few years after quitting his job, he wanted a fresh start somewhere he could begin anew and not have to worry about anyone tying him to death. So he went searching and stumbled upon a place called Karakura and decided it would be a great place to start anew and live the way he wanted to. He talked to his mothers about how he would be moving, and they were a little hesitant at first before saying it was his choice and they would support his decision no matter what he decided on. A few months after the talk he had with his parents, he packed his things and flew out, ready to start his new life the way he wanted to.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
"My motivation for wanting to join Karakura high-school is that I once worked in a counsellor position on another school before I quit, and I tried a few other jobs after that but none of them felt right. It felt like something was missing and I never enjoyed my time there, however I have heard some amazing things about the school in Karakura from the few conversations I have overheard while walking around Plaza, and I believe this school is what I felt was missing. I had always enjoyed being there for kids in my old school; being there for them to turn to when they needed help and being able to offer that support. Therefore, I believe this is the right job opportunity for me and I will be able to fulfil the role the best I can."

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
"I worked briefly in a high school back in Russia, where I was a counsellor. However, after a few years working there, I found it to be a less than perfect school with lots of drama between the staff, and I decided I no longer wanted to work there for my own well-being, and not long after I quit, that school got shut down because of unsafe construction inside and outside of school, which made it extremely unsafe for the students who went there."

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
"I believe I should be accepted over other applicants because I will dedicate time and effort to being there for the students and coworkers to help improve their time at work and school. I will be there to help any student who is struggling academically or having a small off day and needs someone to get advice from when they just need to get everything out in the open and see what they should do. For my coworkers, I could offer someone they can rely on and fall back on for help when they need it; I could help them deal with reckless students and help them make sure they stay safe."

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your application, however after careful consideration and discussing this application with the current department, I have decided to decline it.

* Got a question about your application? Click here.

Users who are viewing this thread