players online

Create a plugin to track dents on a baseball bat

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
What's your Minecraft Username?: layzah
What's the title of your suggestion?: Create a plugin to track dents on a baseball bat

What's your suggestion?:
Basically, the suggestion will be exactly what the title states; Creating a plugin for the baseball bat to have a dent count when used in CombatRP. This addition will reduce the amounts of failrp and lying about the dent count, or overall will help people not forget that they have used it. Additionally, this will help officers find out if the bat has dents by simply hovering over the item in their inventory.

FAQ

How will this plugin work?: Verbally expressing it in a sentence would be rather difficult; thus, I will show how it'd work in a scenario.
Player A walks up to Player B and actions to slam the bat onto their skull. The hit connects, so they right-click the person with the bat, which adds .5 to the dent amount. Once they hit the person again, it will add another .5 to the bat, making it a full dent.
Although, what can be expressed is that it will be in the description of the bat. It will look something like this:
BASEBALL BAT
- 3 Block range
- K.O: 2 Hits
- Can be mugged
- Dents: 1
Additionally, after using the bat against someone, a message in your chat will say, "You have hit [IGN] with the bat! Due to the strike, the bat received .5 in damage." As for the other person, the chat will say, "You have been hit by [IGN] with a bat. You have started to feel dizzy." (NO EFFECTS WILL HAPPEN TO THE OTHER PERSON TO REDUCE ABUSING THE ITEM)

What if I accidentally right-click someone with the bat?: Simply, a confirmation button can be added when you right click someone. For example:

Are you sure you want to proceed with this act?

[YES] [NO].

Thus, if you mis-click someone, you simply press [NO] and it will cancel it.

How will you make people use this plugin?: Add a severe rule that people HAVE to do this after using it against a person. If they forget, they can click on another person. I would tell the person you will do so before clicking them so that they know you aren't trying to act on permissions.

Additionally, if someone purposely doesn't do this, they can be warned or severely punished.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This would reduce any OOC lying about people not having dents on their bats.

Hamburger

Level 185
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I barely know anything about CombatRP in and out of itself but it still sounds like a good idea
+1

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
Whilst I do like the idea, and severely dislike people lying about the amount of dents they have, (speaking as the dent connoisseur, one of my bats had gone up to 108 dents and I got detained nine times.), I feel like the entire procedure might be difficult or simply too scuffed to implement.

If implementing this is possible, then I support adding it. +1

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
Whilst I do like the idea, and severely dislike people lying about the amount of dents they have, (speaking as the dent connoisseur, one of my bats had gone up to 108 dents and I got detained nine times.), I feel like the entire procedure might be difficult or simply too scuffed to implement.

If implementing this is possible, then I support adding it. +1
Thats why i had the idea of having bats being unusable after a certain amount of dents, but couldn't figure out a good amount.

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Players will not abide by this and continue to FRP. There’s no genuine way of getting around it. Even if you make it a rule they’ll still lie and not do what they’re supposed to be doing. I’m sorry but I just don’t think it will work

DarkEclipic

Level 157
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
I agree with infi on this one, -1

1. It's a whole new plugin the devs would have to make, test, and put on the server.
2. people will still failrp or get in situations where 'oh we agreed to a hit with a bat but we didnt want the bat dented' or something like that

Level 71
Dojoro
Dojoro
Fundraiser+

People can sometimes use metal bats for other roleplay situations then just this; Like destruction of property.
This rule and plugin would also have to include; Pipe wrenches, crowbars, spiked glove and spiked bat. Not to mention they'd also have to find a way to get it to connect to custom item's which would end up requiring a lot more work and I just really don't see this going anywhere. If yonio is present at the time he'll end up going back into their previous chat log's to check if they've done an action then continuing to warn them for 'lying out of characterly' and some players can just choose to not abide by this plugin.

SirDerpHead

Level 34
SirDerpHead
SirDerpHead
Omega
Mainly cause it sounds like t would be a pain in the ass to code. Although, if there was a completely working plugin that countered the dishonesty of players that could be smoothly implemented then that would be dope.

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I would just un-dent my bat by making dents all around the surface area of the bat, so that everywhere is equally dented, thus making it look like it isn't dented.

tell me why this wouldnt work

tayfun

Level 67
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
While I do love the idea, I don't quite trust the playerbase to act in good faith. We'd need a foolproof method, but I can't really imagine one, as it stands right now. That aside, it's gonna be a hoe and a half to implement that stuff - the whole coding process - and it isn't as though bats are the only weapons that are gonna end up with dents.

Kurooo__

Level 61
Kurooo__
Kurooo__
Omega
What's your Minecraft Username?: layzah
What's the title of your suggestion?: Create a plugin to track dents on a baseball bat

What's your suggestion?:
Basically, the suggestion will be exactly what the title states; Creating a plugin for the baseball bat to have a dent count when used in CombatRP. This addition will reduce the amounts of failrp and lying about the dent count, or overall will help people not forget that they have used it. Additionally, this will help officers find out if the bat has dents by simply hovering over the item in their inventory.

FAQ

How will this plugin work?: Verbally expressing it in a sentence would be rather difficult; thus, I will show how it'd work in a scenario.
Player A walks up to Player B and actions to slam the bat onto their skull. The hit connects, so they right-click the person with the bat, which adds .5 to the dent amount. Once they hit the person again, it will add another .5 to the bat, making it a full dent.
Although, what can be expressed is that it will be in the description of the bat. It will look something like this:
BASEBALL BAT
- 3 Block range
- K.O: 2 Hits
- Can be mugged
- Dents: 1
Additionally, after using the bat against someone, a message in your chat will say, "You have hit [IGN] with the bat! Due to the strike, the bat received .5 in damage." As for the other person, the chat will say, "You have been hit by [IGN] with a bat. You have started to feel dizzy." (NO EFFECTS WILL HAPPEN TO THE OTHER PERSON TO REDUCE ABUSING THE ITEM)

What if I accidentally right-click someone with the bat?: Simply, a confirmation button can be added when you right click someone. For example:

Are you sure you want to proceed with this act?

[YES] [NO].

Thus, if you mis-click someone, you simply press [NO] and it will cancel it.

How will you make people use this plugin?: Add a severe rule that people HAVE to do this after using it against a person. If they forget, they can click on another person. I would tell the person you will do so before clicking them so that they know you aren't trying to act on permissions.

Additionally, if someone purposely doesn't do this, they can be warned or severely punished.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This would reduce any OOC lying about people not having dents on their bats.
good idea but you’d still have to rely on other players to be honest about it so i don’t think it rly changes much

DivingBlues

Level 55
Shrine Lead
Builder
From a KPD and Staff perspective there won’t be much achieved from this. People will still lie or complain it wasn’t them and cause issues. Someone will find a loophole around it and abuse that or just be a headache. It cannot be changed the best you can do is roleplay fairly and please be honest with KPD and staff. Those groups are here to help and support roleplay not shut it down.

Additionally it’s another plug-in which leads to more coding, things going wrong and just more lag and storage taken up on the server. It’s better to keep things simple then complex.

-kam

Level 65
also can we bring up the fact that everyone loves the idea...

but doesnt trust people that will use it..?
thats kinda sad if u ask me

SaltyFollicles

Level 18
SaltyFollicles
SaltyFollicles
Notable
i literally do not know how many dents i have i just go by a guess sometimes

PHAT +1

and if the person who's being attacked also gets a chat notif saying something like:

[PLAYER NAME BLABLABLA] has requested to attack you!
[YES] [NO]

(or something)

and if it only goes thru if both parties click [YES] it'll be even safer bc you dont put all that trust into the gangRPers

WhisperTheFallen

Level 54
WhisperTheFallen
WhisperTheFallen
Omega+
I just feel like it'd be an even bigger mess for the poor devs to deal with or try and figure out how to even put into effect

Users who are viewing this thread