mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Custom Horns for Custom Vehicles

okkanto

Level 3
What's your Minecraft Username?: revcnge
What's the title of your suggestion?: Custom Horns for Custom Vehicles

What's your suggestion?:
The title says it all, but let's talk about adding another source of speciality and uniqueness to these customs. How about giving custom vehicles the option for a unique horn sound? Think of it like picking a song for your car horn, similar to what you can do in GTA V. We can chat about this idea in the custom channel on the SRP Discord. It's a small change, but it could make custom vehicles feel even more special. After all, spending $60 on a custom vehicle should yield more than just a different model.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
As stated above, I feel as if adding another source of speciality and uniqueness to custom vehicles would benefit the community more in the sense of getting a bit more fulfillment after an expensive purchase like such. Obviously, the custom horns players would be allowed to pick should *not* be anything unrealistic-esque, such as speaking or non-horn-like sound effects, as this is not what SRP is about. However, what *should* be allowed is different types of (short) horn tunes or melodies, take the Godfather horn for example; a short yet musical horn that is a nice touch to vehicles that people modified back in the day. Overall, this suggestion would certainly enhance the individuality and add more enjoyment to each of these custom vehicles players may purchase.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
"Hey, drive!"
*honks horn*
*epik ear blasting you are my sunshine music starts playing*

+1 though pretty unique even if it’s not necessary

Last edited:

Classicalist

Level 87
+1/-1 Its a good idea, But is it even possible? And if its possible will this bring problems such as resource pack space? if there is no issues with this then good idea.

Infi

Level 132
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
As one of the only custom ringtone artists I put my foot down on making custom car horns

Real talk though if it can work then I don’t see an issue with it. However I very well see it being an additional custom purchase in the store if implemented

5SHU

Level 101
5SHU
5SHU
Omega

Doesn't seem like it's actually needed or important, if it does get added to the suggestion lists. It'll probably take around 1-2 years honestly if I'm comparing how long suggestions take in general.

lobsterrdog

Level 32
lobsterrdog
lobsterrdog
Omega+
+1, but only if this is possible.

i wont pretend that i know how coding or any of that stuff works, but i think it would bring some traction to custom sounds more allowing for another stream of revenue for Roleplay Hub

Miamorchito

Level 19
Miamorchito
Miamorchito
Omega+
+1
There are more important things to be focused on right now. But this suggestion is a straight up plus IF devs are able to make it work. It will be fun and make vehicles even more unique.

robinzee

Level 24
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
I'm on the fence when it comes to this, as I'm not quite sure how the "horn" sound effect is implemented, whether it's a noteblock-like system (with different pitches of the same noise, just played once right now) or whether it's a singular sound from vanilla Minecraft which has been changed in the resource pack.
This also opens up the possibility of cars taking longer to put in-game as, with people having the ability to order custom car horns, people will ask for custom car horns.

Users who are viewing this thread